Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miss. St. job.

Started by starcityhogfan, December 03, 2008, 08:45:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

starcityhogfan

Has anyone heard any names thrown around as a possible replacement?

Derek Dooley has been tossed around here.

starcityhogfan

any chance fulmers name might come up?

BigoBoys

Quote from: starcityhogfan on December 03, 2008, 08:50:13 pm

Not enough Maroon in the state to cover him. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: starcityhogfan on December 03, 2008, 08:50:13 pm

Does Starkville have a Krispe Kreme?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

kcabrozaR

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2008, 08:52:33 pm
Does Starkville have a Krispe Kreme?
He can build one with his pocket change.
WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

duckhead

oldbear

I would take the job for just under a million, but they might have a problem when we didn't field a team against the Hogs.

RazorNick

I would love for Tommy Tuberville to get that job so that hootie would have to compete with him for recruits.

Hawg Barry

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

Hawg Barry

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I haven't found a good bulldog board yet.  But their have been some interesting things on their scout board, which sucks by the way.  They seem to think they are going after Peterson at Boise hard and offering up to 3 mil.  They don't track planes but they do keep tabs on Greyhound bus movement.  Grahams name keeps popping up.  I think most of them only want him if he takes Gus with him. 

I think they will be making a mistake if they overpay some guy.  If they were smart they would get a guy who views the job as a stepping stone, and not a final place.  That means the guy is hungry as hell and will work his a$$ off to get the program back on track.  You pay a guy 2 mil or more at that job and he knows he's set whether he wins or not.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

go hogues

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on December 03, 2008, 09:46:29 pm
I would love for Tommy Tuberville any coach to get that job so that hootie would have to compete with him for recruits.
Fixed it for you.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hog.goblin

Quote from: Karma on December 03, 2008, 08:48:51 pm
Derek Dooley has been tossed around here.

Most reasonable name so far

TheArkansasTraveller

December 03, 2008, 11:28:00 pm #14 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:33:37 pm by TheArkansasTraveller
You Tulsa fans might find this interesting....

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53085

Table Rocker

that'd be great if he took gus with him

idiotghos

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 11:28:55 pm

I'd just as soon gus stayed out of the sec for our sake...

Table Rocker

December 03, 2008, 11:31:27 pm #17 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:33:14 pm by Table Rocker
also, why does ms. state think they are gonna fork over 3M for a coach. what are they gonna do take out a mortgage on their football stadium and all buildings on campus?

WilsonHog

Graham probably has better material at Tulsa than he could attract to Starkville.

Hoggy1

Great, maybe now Graham won't have to worry about those 2nd and 3rd teamers on special teams.

If he were to take the MSU job, he would at least have sub par SEC talent, not conference USA talent :D, those SEC special teams players should be able to make a tackle.....
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

donewithdale

Good for us if Graham gets the job as Ms St won't be any better than they are now.  Bad part is Hooty will be relieved. 

Table Rocker

i love how the second comment was about kragthorpe, lol

redbarn

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 11:31:27 pm
also, why does ms. state think they are gonna fork over 3M for a coach. what are they gonna do take out a mortgage on their football stadium and all buildings on campus?

Weren't they paying Croom like 2 mil a year?  I'm not sure but seems like I read that was what he was getting.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

GrantMerrill

Don't forget the most prominent landmark on campus. Arkansas has Ol' Main... MSU has... the water tower.

Table Rocker

according to this croom got 1.7m and a 1.2 m buyout. now ms state thinks they are gonna pay a coach 3m? yeah, right.

donewithdale

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 11:41:43 pm
according to this croom got 1.7m and a 1.2 m buyout. now ms state thinks they are gonna pay a coach 3m? yeah, right.

They get the same kind of annual SEC multi million dollar check the rest of the programs get even they though they do little to bring that money into the conference. 

yraciv

Quote from: donewithdale on December 03, 2008, 11:33:50 pm
Good for us if Graham gets the job as Ms St won't be any better than they are now.  Bad part is Hooty will be relieved. 

and I don't think Malzahn would go with him!  There would be a good chance the he'd be the next head coach at the University of Tulsa.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: idiotghos on December 03, 2008, 11:31:05 pm
I'd just as soon gus stayed out of the sec for our sake...

Yep.  I'd prefer for Gus to inherit the HC job at Tulsa instead.

redbarn

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 11:41:43 pm

I wonder how Nutt will feel if they do pay the next coach 3 M since he is only drawing 1.7 M too. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

ark30inf

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on December 03, 2008, 11:28:00 pm
You Tulsa fans might find this interesting....

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53085

Why would ANY decent coach with any sort of a possible future go to cowbell hell?

GWFan

Quote from: yraciv on December 03, 2008, 11:45:06 pm
and I don't think Malzahn would go with him!  There would be a good chance the he'd be the next head coach at the University of Tulsa.
As a fan of Gus, that's what I'd prefer to see.

Hoggy1

Dowell Loggans

:D, wait.....what?
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

chiefsfan

Itll be either Graham or that blowhard Dooley

Dooley would be a gigantic mistake...but thats their problem
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: GWFan on December 04, 2008, 12:00:27 am
As a fan of Gus, that's what I'd prefer to see.

I dont think anyone here wants to see what Malzhan's offense looks like with SEC caliber talent

although id pay good money to watch the Egg Bowl each year.   Can you imagine Malzhan and Nutt recruiting instate talent against each other?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

steveagolfer

Arkansas beat Malzhans offense with its weakest defense in many years    Houston beat them by what 70...........get real people

hogfan_no1

Could be...  But where would the other $2,999,847.12 come from?
If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

Hoot72

Quote from: steveagolfer on December 04, 2008, 03:37:13 am
Arkansas beat Malzhans offense with its weakest defense in many years    Houston beat them by what 70...........get real people

If you saw either one of those games, it was not the fault of the offense that Tulsa lost.  That were not as good as some thought they were -- mostly because of the sieve they called a defense.

opineonswine

If Graham goes anywhere Gus will be HC at Tulsa.

Theolesnort

Quote from: steveagolfer on December 04, 2008, 03:32:12 am
you guys need to give up on the gus love there are way better around the country hes just your local flav.........there are better h.s. coaches in high school in ark than gus
Are you ignorant or just plain stupid?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Tim Harris

Personally I don't think Graham is the best hire...even for MSU.  Supposedly defense is his side of the ball but they couldn't stop anyone.  Pretty much just sat back and hoped the other team shot themself in the foot a couple times while their offense piled up the points.

WilsonHog

Well, given the fact that I don't care for Graham much I hope he takes the job.

With all due respect to MSU Dawg, at this point Mississippi State is Vanderbilt with expectations. I don't see Todd Graham changing that.

Now if they'll give Tommy Tuberville five years....and if he would come....

Milton

Houston scored 70 but that has nothing to do with Malzhan. Tulsa scored 30 which last time I heard isn't all that bad of a game for the offence.
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

Tim Harris

Gus the head hog

Quote from: Table Rocker on December 03, 2008, 11:28:55 pm
I bet Gus would stay as head coach at Tulsa.

Gus the head hog

Quote from: Hoot72 on December 04, 2008, 06:09:49 am

If you saw either one of those games, it was not the fault of the offense that Tulsa lost.  That were not as good as some thought they were -- mostly because of the sieve they called a defense.
Amen to that! They didn't start out last in the nation but I'm pretty sure they are now. If Tulsa just had a mediocre defense they would be very tuff.

Rhog

I hope Gus does not go with Graham if Graham does get the MSU job.  Gus would do better to seperate himself from Graham.  I believe if Graham does go Gus will become the HC of Tulsa.  Graham has had success due to good assitants both at Rice and at Tulsa.  Graham is no defensive genius; Tulsa has been winning despite Graham.  They have been winning because of Gus, not Graham.

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: abostian on December 03, 2008, 11:47:15 pm
Yep.  I'd prefer for Gus to inherit the HC job at Tulsa instead.
I second that thought
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Super Hog

Like Wilson says, Mississippi State is just a rung above Vanderbilt. In my opinion, Graham would be a solid hire for that program.

I just don't see that job attracting anyone but coordinators and up-and-comers. They can dream all they want to, but Chris Peterson isn't leaving Boise to go to Starkvegas.

Nutts and Bolts

What a blow...Where are you from? Malzahn would have SEC talent at MSU
A new era has begun in Fayetteville