Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tommy Tuberville out at Auburn (all thoughts here)

Started by IZAHOG, December 03, 2008, 05:29:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Man_O_Pork

December 04, 2008, 10:23:20 am #50 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:25:02 am by tw_haynes
Quote from: Franchise_Hog on December 03, 2008, 08:32:42 pm
As long as he uses coupons at the grocery store and doesn't eat out that much this next year, he should be fine. Then he''ll be ready for the Notre Dame job.

I was actually talking to some friends last night about how Notre Dame would probably be the perfect job for Tuberville.  For as much talent as Chuckie has recruited in South Bend, they have NO strength on either side of the line.  I think Tuberville could toughen them up and help them become a more physical football team, so they could actually take advantage of all that skill-position talent.

Give Notre Dame one more mediocre/poor season, and they'll be shopping around.  After a year's $6 million vacation, I think Tuberville could be a strong candidate for the job.

fu-man-soo

http://media.myfoxal.com/live/index.html

11 am

for anyone who is as big of a dork as i am and might want to watch

AuburnHog

I've got the TV on right now and waiting.

Boardon Hamsay

Wonder what this is about....announcing a search firm?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Thanks for the link and head's up.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

AuburnHog

Saying Tubs resigned and it was his decision.  Said he wanted out.  Jacobs said that Tubs would've been the coach for sure had he not resigned.

idochog

Tubs was caught walking out the back door while the press conference going on
I love Jesus!

kcabrozaR

WE EAT SAWDUST WE CRAP LOGS WE AIN'T NOTHING BUT MEAN ASS HOGS
          Do not argue with an idiot, people watching may not notice the difference!

HawgBallLvr

It was all a sham.. Just like when TCTWF left. They wanted him out..
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

OnYourToes

AD said that Tommy asked him 3 times yesterday fto resign.  The AD did not accept 2 of them but after the 3rd he thought it was best for both parties.

Ad said Tommy still wants to be apart of the team during the transition, says that Tommy wants to take the year off and that the univeristy will honor the contracts of the assistants.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

So Tuberville resigns and still gets over $5 million to leave? Like Arkansas, these schools are either lying or can't handle money.

AuburnHog

He's staying on with the university to work in some capacity.  According to Jacobs, that's how he was able to get the buyout and resign.  Jacobs said that he and president begged him to stay.

beachhawg

Quote from: AuburnHog on December 04, 2008, 11:31:40 am
He's staying on with the university to work in some capacity.  According to Jacobs, that's how he was able to get the buyout and resign.  Jacobs said that he and president begged him to stay.
Then, like Arkansas, Auburn doesn't know how to handle their money.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Karma on December 04, 2008, 11:36:22 am

It's become monopoly money. Assuming I live a normal life expectancy I'll see the time when a college coach makes upwards of $10 million a year.

AuburnHog

Jacobs said money is not problem.  They had this money for the buyout and they have money for a new coach. 

But yes....I don't see how you can give $6M to someone who is resigning. 

This is a rumor and I have NO idea if it's true, but heard his wife is in rehab for alcohol.  I do know that she is quite the drinker, but didnt' know it was rehab bad.  But maybe he resigned for family reasons.

Quote from: Karma on December 04, 2008, 11:36:22 am

selfexplanatory

December 04, 2008, 11:45:34 am #66 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:49:50 am by selfexplanatory
Some guy on 'The Roundtable' (WJOX in Birmingham) just called the Auburn AD a dumbass like 10 times.  He keeps saying it. lol
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

AuburnHog

Jacobs said he asked TT a few weeks ago how much longer he wanted to coach at AU and TT said 5 years.  He wanted to get one son thru high school.  Then after meeting with Jacobs for the last week about the future of the program and what TT's plan is, he walks in and resigns.  Took everyone by surprise....again all of this coming from the AD

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: Roadrunner on December 04, 2008, 09:29:22 am
Actually it's 5.1 million.
1/2 due in 30 days
1/2 due in 1 year

And he's not leaving Auburn.
Obviously you dont pay that much attention to the sports news. hes DONE.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

aaaactionvp

John White and Frank.  He said they offered Tubby a 5 year extension and begged him to stay, but he was tired and needs a break.  They are, however, going to pay his buyout out of the goodness of their hearts.  ITS CATCHING ON!!!

DeltaBoy

This is just like we saw here last year a dog and pony show trying to cover up what happened.  When it is all said and done the truth will come out .

Like Dodd said in the CBS article Take the money and a 1 year vacation.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Aub AD might be talking the truth.  If TT wanted to back off for personal reasons I could understand that.  It makes more sense than firing a coach with his record.  Bottom line is he is a decent coach, top 15 in D1 in my opinion.  Paying him the full 6 mil doesn't make sense if he wanted to leave on his own. 

cbjagman

Quote from: AuburnHog on December 04, 2008, 11:31:40 am
Actually what people don't know is that TT will take a year off, go down to learn from the SEC's master Hooter Nutt, and come back to AUburn better prepared to both recruit and win a NC.

SemperHawg

I think this might all just be damage control, look at how much the national media likes Nutt and talks about why we shouldn't have let him get away, and here Aubbie runs off a coach with a better record than Nutt.  Plus if you spin it to where it was all him wanting to leave it makes you a little more attractive to possible replacements, than if you fired a successful coach cause Saban makes you pee down your leg.

Bacon The Saddle Again

It would be hillarious for TT to call his own presser and say something to the effect of, "I have rethought my decision and since they really want me to stay, I have decided to come back and finish out my contract."  That would make some holes in Auburn's administration get pretty tight I bet.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: SemperHawg on December 04, 2008, 12:28:23 pm
I think this might all just be damage control, look at how much the national media likes Nutt and talks about why we shouldn't have let him get away, and here Aubbie runs off a coach with a better record than Nutt.  Plus if you spin it to where it was all him wanting to leave it makes you a little more attractive to possible replacements, than if you fired a successful coach cause Saban makes you pee down your leg.

This is what I was thinking.

solix

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on December 04, 2008, 12:32:56 pm
It would be hillarious for TT to call his own presser and say something to the effect of, "I have rethought my decision and since they really want me to stay, I have decided to come back and finish out my contract."  That would make some holes in Auburn's administration get pretty tight I bet.
that would absolutely make my day.  i don't know why but i would laugh my a$$ off

cbjagman

Well I have one better: Remember a few years ago when Holtz was let go by us? The reason given was that he was "tired and needed a break from coaching". Amazing how that "break" lasted about a week when Lou was hired at Minnesota. Gosh I never did figure out how LH recovered so quickly....

idochog

Quote from: solix on December 04, 2008, 12:35:32 pm
that would absolutely make my day.  i don't know why but i would laugh my a$$ off

If they paid me 5.1 million to set on my 2 cheeks, I wouldnt say a thing
I love Jesus!

kgr

I don't see Tuberville BEGGING anyone, except maybe a recruit.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Hawgon

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 04, 2008, 11:44:19 am
It's become monopoly money. Assuming I live a normal life expectancy I'll see the time when a college coach makes upwards of $10 million a year.

You may not have to live very long at all, at least in the SEC.  We begin getting that average of $15 million per year per school from the ESPN contract next year.  I would expect coaches' salaries in the SEC to be at an average of $5 million per year very soon after that.  Heck, with every school getting that kind of money from ESPN, even Vanderbilt could pay that much for a coach if they wanted.

razorsharptusk

It's funny to me how these writers still love to take shots a BP.  They will be talking about BP in years to come too.  But the topic will be different.  Bobby Petrino's Razorbacks...National Champs!
GO HOGS!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on December 04, 2008, 12:02:57 pm
Obviously you dont pay that much attention to the sports news. hes DONE.

AD says he is going to stay on in some capacity.  I imagine that is what Roadrunner is referring to.

Beaverfever

Auburn is paying dearly for their Saban envy.

RT1941

Quote from: Roadrunner on December 04, 2008, 09:34:20 am
Not sure what his role will be.
He was offered an immediate position of some sort, but declined.
Most Aubies would love for him to be the AD or stay on in any way.
He is a good man and very well-liked.
There are several good articles today at al.com that give you an idea of his character and what he did in the lives of some young men. 

There are some PTB that absolutely HATE Tubbs.  So, the term "well-liked" can only be used by some of the people at AU.
RazorTusk!!!!

AuburnHog

Jacobs said in the news conference that he is getting the full $6M.  Someone specifically asked how much and he said the full amount of $6M. 

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 04, 2008, 09:30:51 am
So what is Tommy going to do at Tigger?

AuburnHog

I think what he meant is that he is a very popular coach among fans and his players.  He's well liked by most everyone. 

Quote from: RT1941 on December 04, 2008, 01:16:21 pm
There are some PTB that absolutely HATE Tubbs.  So, the term "well-liked" can only be used by some of the people at AU.

AckaBacka

I thought he "resigned".  Doesn't the buyout only occur if he were fired by the university.  More golden handcuffs?

AuburnHog

Quote from: AckaBacka on December 04, 2008, 01:24:08 pm
I thought he "resigned".  Doesn't the buyout only occur if he were fired by the university.  More golden handcuffs?

Yes he resigned.  AU just felt it was the right thing to do after all TT has done for the university.  Quite generous don't you think?

cbjagman

Apparently Tommy must have read Hooter's self-help guide to leaving with all your "golden handcuffs" intact.

Wild Bill Hog

Isn't Sexton TT's agent too?

DeltaBoy

Yep and many Tiger fans are hoping what happend to John White and Frank happends to Jacobs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

TT was fired per his mom and the asst. coaches wives. Why the program is pulling an Arkansas and claiming he quit is beyond me.

AuburnHog

December 04, 2008, 02:04:11 pm #93 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:12:52 pm by wayne1958
Edited:  Please post the link.  Do not copy and paste copyrighted material.  Thanks.

El Puerco

They always pull this crap - all over CNN and ESPN:  The AD was "shocked" that he resigned...."he could have stayed another year."

BS.  And it's the same BS that they shoveled us when Nutt was fired.  These people think we're stupid, beer-swilling morons that believe everything they feed us. 

DeltaBoy

josh_sec33

This is all smoke and mirrors. At some point these AD's have to learn that fans are not as stupid as half of them look when they show up to a game.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

josh_sec33

This is a worst joke than what we saw here last year.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

notreseveredname

AckaBacka

Quote from: aaaactionvp on December 04, 2008, 12:13:17 pm
John White and Frank.  He said they offered Tubby a 5 year extension and begged him to stay, but he was tired and needs a break.  They are, however, going to pay his buyout out of the goodness of their hearts.  ITS CATCHING ON!!!
I think you mean that JJ is taking a page out of JWs book when he stands behind a podium and lies through his teeth in a press conference.