Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egg Bowl lands another huge commit

Started by regi, November 30, 2008, 06:59:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regi

hog_fan

Boy the dork sure is being selective isn't it. This is a joke 8-4 and his recruiting class is looking like it will be one of his worst ever. Their fans are to ignorant to see it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 06:59:30 pm
For the MSM ;)

http://olemiss.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=90699

The Broncos were all over this guy!

He's a diamond in the rough that Hootie will transition into a free safety....a large free safety.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

1CavHog

Way to beat out  N Texas for the big time recruit. Where are all those players from Florida that are beating down Nutt's door to play for him?

Table Rocker

and we are seriously concerned about him plucking Ms St recruits?

AnthroHog

Quote from: Table Rocker on November 30, 2008, 07:12:40 pm
and we are seriously concerned about him plucking Ms St recruits?

Nope if Orgeron goes to Tennessee then that is who will be plucking MSU's best recruits.

cmiller01

Oregon's not interested in coaching in the SEC right now.

Hawgvillain

Wow...Hope he really wants to be a Rebel...

idochog

Does he love the Helmet?  Thats all that matters
I love Jesus!

gohogsgo006

Quote from: hog_fan on November 30, 2008, 07:01:18 pm
Boy the dork sure is being selective isn't it.

i think speculative is more like it
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

forrest city joe

Quote from: regi on November 30, 2008, 06:59:30 pm
For the MSM ;)

http://olemiss.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=90699

The Broncos were all over this guy!
Good lord. thank god we dont have that loser anymore. this guy can not recruite a lick. he's beating N.Texas for players.good thing he's Ole miss problem.

Music City Hog

Just wait boys, the florida recruits are calling again.  This is great: 

FOCUS SHIFTS TO RECRUITING: Several Ole Miss assistants were on the road recruiting Sunday. Nutt is set to begin his travels Monday, including a stop at Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy.

"We're going to sign 25," Nutt said. "There may be 12 to 13 (slots) left. Depending on if we think some might not make it academically, we may sign one more. As far as who to place, we're not that far yet. We're really zeroing in on our needs, which are offensive line, corners, a couple of linebackers, a fast tailback and a wide receiver who can fly. We're really going to miss (wide receiver) Michael Wallace, another senior who played his best ball over the last four weeks. We're going to sign our full allotment and be very selective with these last 10 to 12."

NCAA rules prohibit Nutt from talking about specific prospects, but it has been clear in recent weeks that the Rebels are being received differently than they were in the spring and summer.

"Everybody loves a winner," Nutt said. "It's easier to sell now. It is harder to get people to jump into your wagon when you haven't been winning the last three or four years and haven't been to a bowl game. That's tough to sell. It's easy to say we are going to start winning, but they want to see it. When we get beat by Vanderbilt, that was the toughest week. That was tough getting on the phones. Now you fast forward into November, it's, 'Coach, when am I going to get to visit?' and, 'Coach, do you have a spot for me?'

"Now it's a little bit different conversation. Now your name is going to be thrown out there for the next month and tied to a bowl. There is going to be highlights of Ole Miss and it will go to another level. I have already gotten a couple of calls from kids in Florida. You have got to be selective right now because things have gotten much better."

hawgsav1

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 30, 2008, 08:53:40 pm

FOCUS SHIFTS TO RECRUITING: Several Ole Miss assistants were on the road recruiting Sunday. Nutt is set to begin his travels Monday, including a stop at Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy.

"We're going to sign 25," Nutt said. "There may be 12 to 13 (slots) left. Depending on if we think some might not make it academically, we may sign one more. As far as who to place, we're not that far yet. We're really zeroing in on our needs, which are offensive line, corners, a couple of linebackers, a fast tailback and a wide receiver who can fly. We're really going to miss (wide receiver) Michael Wallace, another senior who played his best ball over the last four weeks. We're going to sign our full allotment and be very selective with these last 10 to 12."

NCAA rules prohibit Nutt from talking about specific prospects, but it has been clear in recent weeks that the Rebels are being received differently than they were in the spring and summer.

"Everybody loves a winner," Nutt said. "It's easier to sell now. It is harder to get people to jump into your wagon when you haven't been winning the last three or four years and haven't been to a bowl game. That's tough to sell. It's easy to say we are going to start winning, but they want to see it. When we get beat by Vanderbilt, that was the toughest week. That was tough getting on the phones. Now you fast forward into November, it's, 'Coach, when am I going to get to visit?' and, 'Coach, do you have a spot for me?'

"Now it's a little bit different conversation. Now your name is going to be thrown out there for the next month and tied to a bowl. There is going to be highlights of Ole Miss and it will go to another level. I have already gotten a couple of calls from kids in Florida. You have got to be selective right now because things have gotten much better."

The best was a line I heard from an Ole Miss fan "When did we start recruiting slow midgets?"
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

3kgthog

Dale is already laying the foundation for the future Reb offense that will run the ball 99% of the time. Once Snead is gone Ole Miss fans had better wake up and realize that they aren't going to win the games against teams that can shut down the run. We didn't win diddly poo with a double Heisman runner-up in DMac, the guy that could've been offensive ROY in Felix Jones, and currently the second hottest rookie in the NFL (behind Matt Ryan) in Peyton Hillis.

SC Hogfan

I caught myself laughing out loud and had to explain myself to the wife...then she laughed out loud.  It's a shame for FLA that he is stealing all their recruits.
American by birth.
Southern by the grace of God.
And a Razorback till I die.
WPS!

songofthesword

LMAO. dude, what the hell is nutt's facination with kids from florida! like just becuase you say they are florida, they are supposed to be parade HS all americans or something.

Nutt might very well be the worst recruiter in the SEC

Burt B.

I hope the Croom firing doesn't allow hootie to prop up his pathetic class with some miss state recruits bailing out.

hogchic2001

Gawd...that man is delusional.  I am glad that he is their problem.
Go HOGS Go!

COCHISE

Uh oh, Nutt's going to Hargrave and he mentions a need is O-linemen...who do you think he's going to talk to?  ;)

hawgsav1

Ahhh...this brings back laughter...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/11/28/mailbag/3.html

Go to page 4 and read the portion about Jimmy SExton and Nutty. "Houston Nutt, in particular, has "turned down" more jobs he was never in the running for than any coach I know."

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

opineonswine

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

How humiliating would it be if the loss to OM cost UF a spot in the NC game? Of course, if they beat 'Bama that won't happen. If the Gators go on to win it all, I can hear it now, "Nutt's the only coach to beat the eventual NC two straight years"...Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies, Hootie's going to take all the 1 stars in Fla, look out FIU!
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Erockster20

I love how he is looking to sign ONE receiver. 

Fatmanhog

holy crap, he was interested in w. michigan!!!!! man he is a good one. doesnt it just mess you up
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Fatmanhog

Quote from: Erockster20 on November 30, 2008, 11:19:42 pm
I love how he is looking to sign ONE receiver. 
yeah i caught that to, ONE that can really fly! because lord knows you dont need more than one to block
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

bigt05

He must have wanted to play in a 2-chinstrap league...

bigt05

December 01, 2008, 01:32:08 am #26 Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:36:20 am by bigt05
Quote from: OleMiss Rivals Message Board... on December 01, 2008, 01:23:21 am
we will just wait and see. We have 15 commits now and I think the next 10  will be highly selective, needs as well as talent. My Christmas list is as follows.
1. A tight end like Oklahoma's-At least until the 6th OLineman is invented...
2. 6 big eaters as Nutt calls them-More Interchangeable 2* and 1* run-blockers
3. 2 big fast LB-When did 5'8-5'11 become big???
4. A blazing fast WR-Gotta be fast to run those complex 1 receiver routes HDN is always cookin' up...
5. Sub 4.4 RB-Gotta be fast enough to "just mess you up"...
6. And everything else just mean-Long Snappers and 5'6 Gunners need schollies too...

GO REBELS

Got this from the Olemiss rivals board, I translated it for you guys....Notice they cant even add in Mississippi...

TheShow

It's really bad when I'm reading these quotes by TCTWF and I hear his voice doing the dialogue in my head!  Make it STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

OTTER

Quote from: TheShow on December 01, 2008, 08:33:24 am
It's really bad when I'm reading these quotes by TCTWF and I hear his voice doing the dialogue in my head!  Make it STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
My shrink gave me some great meds last year.  The voices went away and so did the Dork and the MSM.  Of course they cost me 3 million but it was worth the price!!!!!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

what a huge recruit!  It's always good when all of this guys ratings are listed at: NR.  Way to go Hootie.

razorback44

"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

passinghog

Quote from: 870 RZR on November 30, 2008, 09:56:00 pm
Uh oh, Nutt's going to Hargrave and he mentions a need is O-linemen...who do you think he's going to talk to?  ;)

They believe they have a shot at OL Bobbie Massie and RB Darius Barskdale at Hargrave

COCHISE

Quote from: passinghog on December 01, 2008, 12:02:59 pm
They believe they have a shot at OL Bobbie Massie and RB Darius Barskdale at Hargrave
I'm sure he intends to meet with Oden too, Nutt did recruit him to Arkansas last year, he may think he can get him to come to Ole Miss.

mspig

passinghog

Quote from: 870 RZR on December 01, 2008, 12:08:37 pm
I'm sure he intends to meet with Oden too, Nutt did recruit him to Arkansas last year, he may think he can get him to come to Ole Miss.

True, but he'll be wasting his time. Thankfully though, we have the Mike Conley connection going with Anthony.

AnthroHog

Quote from: mspig on December 01, 2008, 12:24:59 pm
I thought Oden committed to Petrino?

He did, but he came down on an unofficial in October while the old staff was still here.  I would be more worried if Oden had planned on visiting Ole Miss last year, but he committed to us canceling trips to Indiana and Oregon.  Probably Nutt didn't make contact with him after he left Arkansas.

josh_sec33

It never fails me how fully this is.

Why go on words...Go on results.

One coach is showing results in his recruiting ...one is blowing smoke various places.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

cardinalandwhite

To be fair, you can find some great guys.  We beat out NC State for a guy some here questioned, and all he did was start until his season ending injury.  We beat out Kansas for a guy who wound up starting half the year at NT.  We have three guys on RS who could be beasts, none of whom were heavily recruited.  D'Aguilar is an under the radar guy.  Oden wasn't very heavily recruited, I don't think.  Luigs is another guy.  Some guys are just not publicized.  How about Jerry Mitchell?  Anyway, it's Nutt so he probably isn't any good, but there is a possibility he is.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

tbhogfan

"Very Selective" = Recruit must have only 2 other offers, one from a Sun Belt school and one from a MAC Directional School.
Go Hogs!

kimjongsqUeAl

This is hill-air-E-us!  Man, I am SO glad he is not our coach anymore.  I got so pissed about beating out North Texas, Tulane, W Mich, NW Louisianna, etc for a 1 or 2 start kid no one ever heard about.  God, that just messed me up! 

Thank you, Lord, for a real coach. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

cbjagman

Hey coach, you mentioned something about being a "whiner" (oops my bad), a "winner. Well does that also mean they're "fighters as well"? As far as your comment concerning losing to Vandy and it tough being on the phone to recruits then how do you account for the progress Petrino and his staff made throughout the season with contacting seniors (and even some juniors) with the struggles we were having? Maybe it calls comes down to the effort, desire and VISION that the HC and his staff have concerning the future direction of the program. Maybe it comes down to being able to lay out those plans with a passion and conviction. Maybe it comes down to realizing that without the effort to seriouisly go head to head with other top notch schools that you will never be able to take your program to the next higher level?

Leave to ole Hooter to throw all kinds of "crapola" to cover his tracks. Leave it to him to never put the time and effort into truly building a truly talented team. If he were able, look to him to waste it on indecisiveness, lack to true coaching and playcalling. My gosh, thank you dear Lord for finally ridding us of this cancer!!!

cbjagman

One other thought: When did GOOD teams wait until the end of the season to really begin recruiting? Let's see: Texass, USC, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama and Oklahoma....and many others just about have their '09 classes taken care of. Other programs such as the Hogs are not too far behind. Then we have programs such as Ole Misery who are really just beginning to make a concerted attempt to plug holes in positions they're just now recognizing they need. How many of the top notch players are still left? Probably no more than 25% would be my guess. However, leave it to the Retards to make a big splash with the leftovers. They would have you believe that all these 4 and 5* recruits will all be changing their minds at the last minute so they can jump on the Ole Miss bandwagon.

farmhawg

"Everybody loves a winner," Nutt said. "It's easier to sell now. It is harder to get people to jump into your wagon when you haven't been winning the last three or four years and haven't been to a bowl game. That's tough to sell. It's easy to say we are going to start winning, but they want to see it.

Did someone not tell Petrino about this? He has a top 15 class and how many games did we win this year? Motho is absolutely perfect for Ole Piss. Both are content with 8 wins and winning the west every 5 years.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Razorvet

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on December 02, 2008, 10:19:36 am
This is hill-air-E-us!  Man, I am SO glad he is not our coach anymore.  I got so pissed about beating out North Texas, Tulane, W Mich, NW Louisianna, etc for a 1 or 2 start kid no one ever heard about.  God, that just messed me up! 

Thank you, Lord, for a real coach. 

I remember losing recruiting battles to these schools and it hurts even worse.

GolfnHog

Some people's trash is other people's treasures... OM truly has a treasure.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

cbjagman

Patrick, I say "Thank God for Mississippi" everyday already!!!!Why should any of us have to wait two years?

Hawgvillain

Quote from: cbjagman on December 03, 2008, 01:09:25 pm
Patrick, I say "Thank God for Mississippi" everyday already!!!!Why should any of us have to wait two years?
My signature...

Highway Hog Sign

TCTWF is a graduate of Clown Town Community College and his recruiting class is evidence of that.  Sad thing is (for him), it'll never get any better than it is this year.

Cherish it Rebel fans, you're not going to see many more 8+ win seasons after this one.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Hogblog