Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have seen enough i want out of the SEC

Started by forrest city joe, October 25, 2008, 09:42:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

And it's not just this calls tonight or last week.this has been a problem every since we have been in this sorry A--confrence. the sec refs seem to think we are some 3rd rate program not worthy of the likes of even the Olemiss and KY's of the world.that call on Crawford was BS. as was the call on ole miss last FG.i have been screaming about this for years.it's time to try and get in the Big 12.we can not let the sec force us into being a 3rd rate program. notice how we cant get any calls when it's close and the game is on the line? im sick of it. the hell with the sec.

kgr

What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Lanny

The call for offensive interference should not have been called.  Bush league refs
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Dirty

joe, normally I agree with you but here I don't.  give BP time to get his players.  Once he does the refs won't be able to take a game from us.

Hogbody

Terrible terrible call.

You can tell even more on the reply how terrible of a call it was.

Was made by the ref out of position too....of course.

Hugulus Hog

If we left the sec, I'm pretty sure we don't want to be in the Big XII.  We'd get killed worse over there.

Aside from that, I'm not ready to join conference usa.

Marshfieldhog

I'm sick of the SEC refs, they saved Capt. Text from blowing another game.

PigDaddyKane

i agree that it was a BS call but I'm not ready to leave the SEC because of it.  We've just got to get to a point that the refs won't matter.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

TrumannRazorback24

I agree with you whole heartedly about SEC officials.  No matter what the sport is, game changing decisions come against us year in and year out.  It gets a bit old after a while.

TNhawgfan

I hope you are either drunk or crazy from rage because anyone who would rather be in the Big 12 is off his rocker. I want to be a part of the premier conference in the country.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

nahnahrenee

Quote from: Lanny on October 25, 2008, 09:44:14 pm
The call for offensive interference should not have been called.  Bush league refs

Crawford didn't even come close to extending his arms.  The only reason he even touched him was because the DB stopped in front of him and he ran into him.  Pathetic!
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

ekyle1

Arkansas is becoming the kid in class that nobody wants to be seen around!

Yoko Oinko

I"m old enough to remember the SWC and we got screwed by Texas refs every week.  With Texas and Tech leading the Big XII I don't see Arkansas getting a fair shake..  You want to move to C-USA or MT West?
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

want2be

_ucking ref needs to be sent back to highschool...I hate
    to think there is a conspiracy but after the last 2 games
    I think there needs to be an investigation... there is no
    excuse for this much bias.

JBucc

I don't want to leave the SEC, but the officials this year have been consistently horrible, and have had way too much impact on the games, not just Arkansas games either. They're freaking tackling people out there.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

kgr

So Car. is getting the same screw job.  Look at the ref last week with LSwho

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

ekyle1

I used to think the refs hated Nutt....But now I think they just hate us..

The Boar War

Joe I agree with you on most things right down the line.  There were a few horrible game changing calls tonight and last week that have gone against us.  But I don't think it would be any better in the Big 12.  The SWC days featured some terrible referees.

In two years we will be in a position where they may call an offensive pass interference but it won't matter because we have a two touchdown lead.

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 25, 2008, 09:42:25 pm
And it's not just this calls tonight or last week.this has been a problem every since we have been in this sorry A--confrence. the sec refs seem to think we are some 3rd rate program not worthy of the likes of even the Olemiss and KY's of the world.that call on Crawford was BS. as was the call on ole miss last FG.i have been screaming about this for years.it's time to try and get in the Big 12.we can not let the sec force us into being a 3rd rate program. notice how we cant get any calls when it's close and the game is on the line? im sick of it. the hell with the sec.

I'm made as hell too, but we have fans who are more worth getting mad at than the SEC.  Going to the Big 12 will only have us be the last team in there as well.

Have faith that things will get better because they will.  Bottom line: We need better fans who know the game.  NWArkansas fans don't know the game.  Also get mad at FB for keeping our program from getting better all these years.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogfanwithms on October 25, 2008, 09:44:33 pm
joe, normally I agree with you but here I don't.  give BP time to get his players.  Once he does the refs won't be able to take a game from us.
I agree on what BP will do with our program.it's going to be great. but do you trust in a close game against an Alabama or an Lsu for a championship, that we will ever get a fair shake? i sure dont. i know it not going to happen, but i want out.

Prosciutto

They tried to give the game to Ole Miss on the kickoff fumble recovery.
the replay prevented that, so they used the ole offensive pass interference call to kill us.

julie

I don't agree with pulling out of the SEC, but I do agree with the officiating.  Something proactive should be done.  The PI call is suspicious at best.  I hope BP calls out the refs in his post game.  It was pitiful.  Somebody had to be getting some money under the table to throw that flag or some other personal interest.  This  play should be reviewed and he should be suspended or receive some type of reprimand. 

BigNasty

Is there anyway the Hog fan who requested the information from the UA via FOI do the same to the SEC, in particular the office of officials? 

All that would do, however, is earn some more horrible calls.  There is nothing we can do besides sit here and take it.  It makes me want to puke (I am still sick over last weeks game).  Al we can do is try to get to the point that we are so good that we can beat the refs as well (and that will be hard consider we play with SEC darlings Florida, Alabama, LSU, Georgia....and more).

Ex-Trumpet

Geographically, I always thought that the Big 12 made more sense.  Natural rivalries would have been born with close proximities to OSU, OU, Mizzou, Kansas, KSU........they're ALL closer than our current closest opponent in the SEC!

But, whining about the SEC makes zero sense!  We whined about SWC ref's 20 years ago, too.   

We just need to come out and beat the schnocky out of everybody else by 6-8 touchdowns.  Frank 'em!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

forrest city joe

Quote from: TrumannRazorback24 on October 25, 2008, 09:46:55 pm
I agree with you whole heartedly about SEC officials.  No matter what the sport is, game changing decisions come against us year in and year out.  It gets a bit old after a while.
And it's just not about tonight. i have said this for years.something is wrong with these refs when it comes to calling arkansas games.they made sure they got ole miss and KY wins tonight.SICKENING.

intoxhog

Don't be a candy A**. This is one game! I know your pissed, so am I but this was inevitable.We have NO talent, what did you expect?

The SEC has the best overall officiating in the NCAA, it will be a different story next year., and by year three we will be in a BCS bowl.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Torqued pork

Texas,OU and OSU could be great rivals and it makes much more sense geographically to be in the Big XII. There's too much good ol' boy bs in the SEC for me and there's no better example of it than the incompetent morons that make up the SEC's group of officials.

chog68

There needs to be some accountability as far as the officiating is concerned. The NCAA as a whole should be able to review conference's officiating and dole out fines to the league and suspensions of referees for incompetency or trying to sway the outcome of games.

Once a league was fined a time or two, they would right their ships as far as the officiating is concerned. At this time, leagues dont really care-there are no consequences or reprecussions for allowing second and third rate officiating.

missippihog

You need to watch more non-sec football. It is not just an SEC problem.

U.P. HOGG

I love the SEC!!  Not the refs, but this conference in general and I can't wait to see what CBP does with the Hogs!! Go Hogs!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: baconblizzard on October 25, 2008, 09:55:36 pm
They tried to give the game to Ole Miss on the kickoff fumble recovery.
the replay prevented that, so they used the ole offensive pass interference call to kill us.
Right on the money. they did not beat us tonight. the refs did. we are not good enough to overcome the screwing we have gotten the last two weeks.i feel sorry for our coaches and players.

hogs25

I would love to see a list of where all the SEC Refs are from?  We KNOW Arkansas doesn't have any stripes out there.  These stupid refs must stay out of the way when the games on the line UNLESS it's so obvious like a false start or I guess roughing the QB.  That PI was terrible. 

hogsanity

And you think the big 12 would be any better?  Do you remember how the old SWC was?  Heck, we proabably got screwed over when we were in whatever conf it was when we had dual conf membership back in the 20's.  We are ALWAYS going tobe the outsiders.  We were the only non-texas SWC team.  We are geographically out of the SEC.  We would be almost as out of place in the big12. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pedrothelion

Don't forget there was some horrible calls and non calls in the Auburn game.  This has been going pretty much the entire SEC schedule

Torqued pork

Quote from: missippihog on October 25, 2008, 10:07:46 pm
You need to watch more non-sec football. It is not just an SEC problem.
I do watch alot of non-sec football. Bad calls happen in every conference but I honestly believe SEC officiating is the worst of any BCS conference and I would've said the same before tonight's game.

vol_in_ar

hey joe
it's not just the ref's against Arky

In tonight's TN game they blew two calls, a fumble TN returned for a TD, in the second half, and a pass interfernce call that took us  pass interfernce  call at the end of the half that took us out of FG range

94 Hawg

If we make the fg in the first quarter, we win the game.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

kgr

Quote from: vol_in_ar on October 25, 2008, 10:18:43 pm
hey joe
it's not just the ref's against Arky

In tonight's TN game they blew two calls, a fumble TN returned for a TD, in the second half, and a pass interfernce call that took us  pass interfernce  call at the end of the half that took us out of FG range

You are correct, I was watching that game and listening to the Hogs.

-
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

The real Hogules

FCJ I "usually" agree with your posts, but this one is just plain stupid!
Do you honestly believe that coming from the SEC, after leaving the SWC that the BIG12 officials would give us ANY better calls than we received tonight???
I have serious doubts that we'd even get as good a calls as we received tonight, judging by the calls we received when we were helping Texas and Texas A&M support the now defunct SWC.
We weren't appreciated then and we wouldn't be now, as we'd just look like a team that couldn't "cut it" in the SEC and wanted to join a weaker league so we could compete for conference championships.
I don't want to go anywhere, I want CBP to recruit his ass off and whip the teams, and if need be the officiating crews also!
The money is better the conference is better and the locations of the schools are better in the SEC and I'm happy right where we are.
Let's give CBP the time he needs and a few dumb@$$ calls by over paid officials won't be able to decide our fate in the very near future!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PORKINATOR

Just a rookie coach, with a team that lacks depth of talent, playing in a tough league. Reminds me of the Ref-jobbin, Nolan got his first couple years. It happens to all new coaches. We'll get stronger and be able to overcome the refs, the lack of talent, our turnovers, the lack of a solid and consistent kicking game, the poor defensive play, inability to capitolize on our opponets mistakes, you get the picture, the list goes on and on.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 94 Hawg on October 25, 2008, 10:20:14 pm
If we make the fg in the first quarter, we win the game.
Here's another thing to think about.the sec for years have been trying to keep us in our place. and these refs have no respect for our program. im listening to BP now in the post game press confrence. he just said he cant say what he wants to about the crooked refs. that says it all.

1highhog

FCJ, I sometimes like listening to you or reading your posts, but this one is just plain idiotic,the SEC is the best in the land, and we should always want to beat the best.  I do agree about the refs, they have sucked for several years now.

elksnort

Joe, this is a frustration post from you.

You surely don't want out of the SEC? No, the SEC is the best, maybe not this year, but most. Getting out would be a step down.

NuttinItUp

The refs did stink it up tonight. We still made some boneheaded plays that cost us the game, but it certainly did not help.

The real Hogules

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 25, 2008, 10:26:09 pm
Here's another thing to think about.the sec for years have been trying to keep us in our place. and these refs have no respect for our program. im listening to BP now in the post game press confrence. he just said he cant say what he wants to about the crooked refs. that says it all.

It wasn't the SEC keeping us "in our place" it was an old fossil of an AD, who refused to fire a middle of the pack head football coach, and who himself stated that we were 7th or 8th at best within our conference.
We are where we are because of the decisions that have been made by UofA people not because the entire SEC has it in for us, get real!
CBP will take us where we all want to go and for me at least that sure as heck ain't the Big/Little12!

The real Hogules

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 25, 2008, 10:31:40 pm
The refs did stink it up tonight. We still made some boneheaded plays that cost us the game, but it certainly did not help.

An example of those bone headed plays was Casey Dick's interception right before the half that allowed Old Myth to kick a FG and those three points were the difference in the outcome of tonights contest.

hogsanity

He actually said "crooked refs"?  I seriously doubt that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elksnort

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I think this original post is rediculous.

razorbass

I can remember getting terrible calls when we were in the SWC, So I don't think it would matter what conference we were in. :-\

94 Hawg

it says he is mad at the refs for what he & i think were some bad calls. there is no conspiracy against an arkansas university, outside of jonesboro ;)

calm down FCJ, we're gonna get bettah'
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers