Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Could we end up on top in the West?

Started by AFWarrior83, September 05, 2005, 02:02:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AFWarrior83

I know our team had a lot of mistakes last night against a AA-team from Missouri, but we still won 47-17. All of the other SEC West teams played easy games and were way closer than our game was! Auburn lost to Ga Tech and Bama didn't look impressive. Miss. St. ins't as good as Arkansas this year again. Only team I really think we are going to have a hard time with is LSU.

Does anyone else think we have a good chance this year to win the West? LSU plays Flordia, Georgia and Tennessee this year, we only play Georgia! Georgia could be our only L from a SEC East team, and I think by the time we play Georgia, our Defence will be improved, and we won't cough the ball up so much.

I know it's still earily and the team we played wasn't SEC caliber, but nobody else looked good either!   
Hogville member since 2005.

Hogblood

Anything is possible.I'm glad we get a game every week now so the players have a chance to show thier ability. All we have had up to now is lots of speculation that we will not be any better than 6 wins. In my lifetime(49 yrs.) the Razorbacks have had their best teams when we were lowly rated underdogs. Barring earthshaking injuries I think we have a chance,

lunchbox72703

I could see us being west champs.  It will take a total team commitment though!!!

msudawgs64

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 05, 2005, 02:02:29 am
Miss. St. ins't as good as Arkansas this year again.

You got that after one game? One which we actually held our Div 1-AA team to 6 points and beat them by the same margin as you guys beat your 1-AA team (32 points), allowed only 229 total yards and only allowing 26 total yards in the entire 2nd half. A game where we put up 482 yards passing and rushing, could have been more but we called off the dogs and pulled pretty much every starter after about half of the 3rd quarter. Yes it was not SEC caliber but we looked good, at least the numbers say we did.  Mistakes?  None other than some stupid penalties but no lost fumbles and not interceptions and we actually are at a +2 on turnover ratio just like that. 

To answer your question..sure the Hogs can end up at the top of the West but after one game played, you could also end up at the bottom of the West as well, any team in the West can.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

lunchbox72703

msudawgs64

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 05, 2005, 03:19:47 am
yea, but we'll still beat MSU LOL

I guess we will see, hell after seeing y'alls QB I marked you guys down as a win..LOL..you guys don't get a qb who can break the century mark in passing yards and go up against a defense who will stop that run then you won't win the West.  Need more than a team commitment, need a QB
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: msudawgs64hell after seeing y'alls QB I marked you guys down as a win..LOL..you guys don't get a qb who can break the century mark in passing yards and go up against a defense who will stop that run then you won't win the West.

Honestly, I cannot argue with any point of that assessment.

Quote from: msudawgs64Need more than a team commitment, need a QB

Help is definetely on the way.  You will see.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

msudawgs64

by the way, I was joking about marking you guys as a win, I quit predicting who we should and will beat, only disappoints me in the end...Hell I just want to get thru the next game.  The Murray State game actually worried me going in based on what I read out of fall practices and I sure the hell did not want to lose to another "Maine"..LOL

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: msudawgs64 on September 05, 2005, 03:45:29 am
by the way, I was joking about marking you guys as a win, I quit predicting who we should and will beat, only disappoints me in the end...Hell I just want to get thru the next game. The Murray State game actually worried me going in based on what I read out of fall practices and I sure the hell did not want to lose to another "Maine"..LOL

Here's a hint to beating us:  As Peyton Hillis is dragging your entire defense & waterboys & assistant atheltic directors down the field for a 7 yard gain, just have one of them poke at the football and that thing will come loose as if someone wiped baby oil all over it.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

AFWarrior83

I never said I didn't think MSU was any good, I just think Arkansas is better this year AGAIN, we do need a QB and with a few more games, we will have one, I just feel like we have the better team. When you guys beat us like we beat ya'll last year, then I will say MSU is a better team! Good luck to the Dogs this year, except against the HOGS!

You are right that the season is just starting, but it's never to early to speculate, I know all the other team fans are doing the same thing, measuring up the other teams they play! Arkansas just needs Herring to keep working on that D and RJ needs to get some reps in at QB! We will be good this year, I am still saying 8 wins and a bowl win also, to give us a total of 9 wins and finally break into the top 20!
Hogville member since 2005.