Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Arkansas EVER had "Arkansas" across the top of their jersey?

Started by CorningHog, September 04, 2005, 11:57:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

Me and my brother argued about this last night.  He said we have had that before, and maybe so, but its been a long time, probably since I can remember personally, 1980, that we have had that or does someone with a 'better" memory than me know?

Just curious.  How did you Hogville.net folks like them?

I thought it looked cool to me.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

_Collin1

I hated it....

A couple of years ago we went with a new shade on the helmet and the first thing that came to mind..........OU. 

So last night in Warmups they come on the field with the new jersey style...  what comes across my mind???  OU.  Not kidding, replace the Arkansas with Oklahoma and it isnt too far off.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

_Collin1

I actually was debating that last night with my friend.  Now make NO mistake posters, the helmets changed colors (I wanna say two years ago, it might have been last year).  It was more OU than it was Alabama, either way it was a darker Red.

Want comparisons?  Think Superman 3!  We went from Good Superman red to Bad Superman Red.  Last night I actually thought we went back to a 'happier' looking red, but the jerseys were so OU I couldnt make out the difference.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

zmhogs

I llike the new look. So what if the have the Arkansas across the front of the jersey, as like OU, or any other team whos is the same way.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: jacobIn 2003 we switched from cardinal to "Pearl Cardinal". That is the change.

That's a good change.  I know I wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing plain old "cardinal" on a football field.

Sidenote:  I don't want to get too political here, and I'm all for women doing having positions of power, influencing society etc etc etc...but having 231,581,696 names for the color "Red" is definetely a drawback.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

clew

Pure as the dawn

Hog Van Ham

After looking at razorbacklegacy.com I don't believe we have ever had Arkansas on our jerseys.  I don't know if I like them or not.  I just hope that is the last thing an opponent sees before we run over them.  Then when asked what happenend to them as they are pulled off the field, their only response will be "ARKANSAS".

rlreev

I think in the mid-sixtys we had Hogs written across the front of the jersey with numbers on the back middle of the helmet.  I loved the new jreseys and have been writing in four or five years to do that and put the numbers back on the back of the helmet.  I AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I GOT.

By the way, did you see the Texas new look.  Same helmet but with numbers between the horns.  Looks horrible.

CorningHog

So for you "experts" on the Razorback uniforms?  Can I call my brother and tell him that Arkansas has NEVER had "Arkansas" across the front of the their jersey?  I sure enjoy making him say he was wrong!!!! hahaha,,, you reading this "bro"?

I personally can never remember the Razorbacks having the "Arkansas" across the front but if MIKE IRWIN or the "old timers" can verify, then I can at least bother my brother with his statement that they have!

GO HOGS!

NOTE: I like them personally.  Looks cool, and even though they look like OU, Wisconsin, Michigan and many others have the school name across the front, not just OU.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

mikeirwin

I think it's a first for the football uniforms.
As for looking like OU I like OU's look so I don't have a problem with it.
Growing up in Texas I liked both the Sooners and the Hogs because both managed to beat the Longhorns on a semi regular basis while all the other Texas schools only served as fodder for that goofy pop gun of a cannon the Shorthorns are always firing off. Provided it didn't hurt anyone I'd like to see that darn thing blow clean up one day in front of about 80,000.
The only change I would make in the uniform is to put RAZORBACKS across the front. Best moniker in all of sports. They should display it proudly.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: BigC51 on September 05, 2005, 01:15:31 am
So last night in Warmups they come on the field with the new jersey style...  what comes across my mind???  OU.  Not kidding, replace the Arkansas with Oklahoma and it isnt too far off.

Not to nit pick, but I think the Oklahoma football jerseys actually say "SOONERS" across the front.  If our jerseys said "RAZORBACKS" then you might be right on.  I actually think they look pretty good.....but the pants.....that's another thing.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on September 05, 2005, 12:33:45 pm
So last night in Warmups they come on the field with the new jersey style... what comes across my mind??? OU. Not kidding, replace the Arkansas with Oklahoma and it isnt too far off.

Not to nit pick, but I think the Oklahoma football jerseys actually say "SOONERS" across the front. If our jerseys said "RAZORBACKS" then you might be right on. I actually think they look pretty good.....but the pants.....that's another thing.
Agreed. The big fat stripe bites.

mikeirwin

Quote from: hogapalooza on September 05, 2005, 12:40:49 pm
I think I read where he wanted the HOG on his shorts and the U of A said NO! So he put the word Arkansas because he is proud to be from here and proud to be a HOG Fan!
I've heard that too. It's it's true it's flat stupid on their part. You don't want the middleweight champ advertising your logo on his trunks ? How goofy is that ?

panichog

Mike,
Does that really surprise you with the hog issue with JT?  You should know how Shank boy is....if the price ain't right, the hog goes nowhere!!  You have to treat Shank like he's GOD to get the hog...I've been lucky in my dealings but you'd think on HBO with the World Champion the hog would be everywhere but it doesn't suprise me one bit.

GO HOGS
Panic

RBLtoHOG

I hated it....

A couple of years ago we went with a new shade on the helmet and the first thing that came to mind..........OU. 

Except we played a hell of a lot better :)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

mikeirwin

Quote from: panichog on September 05, 2005, 12:50:36 pm
Mike,
Does that really surprise you with the hog issue with JT? You should know how Shank boy is....if the price ain't right, the hog goes nowhere!! You have to treat Shank like he's GOD to get the hog...I've been lucky in my dealings but you'd think on HBO with the World Champion the hog would be everywhere but it doesn't suprise me one bit.

GO HOGS
Well I'm gonna ask so I can be fair about this. We might be dealing with a false rumor. If I were JFB I'd be willing to PAY Jermaine to wear the Hog logo. If he was willing to do it for free and they said no that's the dumbest decision on the face of the earth.