Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody See NC State's Defense Tonight Who Also Went To The Hog Game Yesterday?

Started by CarolinaHog1176, September 04, 2005, 10:53:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolinaHog1176

I was just curious what the main differences were 'cause NC State's defense looked pretty darn good.  I was wondering specifically how our DE's did and if their speed was a factor.  NC State's DT's were amazing... very strong and very agile.  how did ours look?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Oklahawg

We don't have the athletes recruited for these positions that NCState does. We've had to create a depth chart at DE. Snider and Sims will be fine, but not spectacular. They are less natural there than Huckeba was, for example. Man, I'd love to see what Jeb would have done in this system.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Anderson didn't do as well as I thought he would--I really expected his experience to help him "click" in the system better. Brown looks like a typical UA reach, trying to get someone with some raw skill on the field. I hope I'm wrong on both counts. Did anyone else think that Anderson's listed weight of 260-ish looked about 20 pounds heavy?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Reb-87

we should've had harrison and bledsoe start instead of harrel and jackson