Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fun watching Ron Mexico

Started by HogInMemphis, September 04, 2005, 09:02:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInMemphis

on the sidelines, looking like a pimp gangsta instead of a professional athlete, cheering on his younger brother at QB for Va Tech.

These are two good teams. Wonder if the Hogs could compete with either. 

Getting one or two great players per recruiting class is not going to cut it in the SEC. Nutt has to get 6 or 7 every year to make a difference when you're putting 22 on the field plus kicking game players. Maybe Nutt will figure that out before it costs him his job. Or is the problem coaching rather than quality of players that gets the Hogs the usual 3-5 or 4-4 in SEC play?

WindyCityHog

Do tell....

Which is it?  I"m not sure I understand your point.....

HogInMemphis

Quote from: WindyCityHog on September 04, 2005, 09:08:53 pm
Do tell....

Which is it?  I"m not sure I understand your point.....

My thinking is that it's more Nutt's coaching and management of the coaches and program than it is the players, but it surely doesn't help when Nutt can't keep in state players like the guys down at Warren and the Williams kid who is a senior at Springdale this year...going to Fla.

If Nutt had had any experience at major school, I doubt we'd have hired him. It was actually in his favor for getting the Ark. job that he hadn't had but 1 year of Div. 1A experience. Success at Div. 1AA Murray St. in no way translates to success in the SEC and adding to his resume one 4-7 season (I don't care if Boise St. was 0-11 or whatever the year before) at Boise St proves absolutely nothing.

Nutt sold himself to the "committee" and he was hired by the "committee". He's a great guy and a smart self-promoter. He just doesn't have top 25 coaching and management ability.

WindyCityHog

Well said....

I think you're a rectal-orifice....I truly do......but a well-versed sphincter ;)

Can't argue with that logic....

I'm a waffler....I try to separate HDN from the Hogs.....but it's pointless.  The success (or lack thereof) is clearly intertwined.  Is it a "bad thing" to say I believe I'm headed down your road?...you're just a couple of years older than me....

You're harsh....but generally there's at least a grain of truth with you.....I can't argue with your last post.