Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Felix Jones #1 In Nation

Started by bigal, September 04, 2005, 05:28:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigal

Felix Jones is #1 in the nation after 1 week for yards per attempt. Arkansas is #1 in Team Rushing in the Nation, & 7th in Scoring.

Rushing Statistics
  NAME                    CAR YDS YPC LONG   TD
1. Felix Jones, Arkansas 8  137  17.1   80      1
2. Keegan Herring, Arizona St 12 134 11.2 33 1
3. Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M 9 100 11.1 49 0
4. Brian Leonard, Rutgers 12 128 10.7 83 1
5. Ontario Sneed, C Michigan 14 148 10.6 80 1
6. Thomas Clayton, Kansas St 17 177 10.4 80 2
7. Maurice Drew, UCLA 11 114 10.4 64 2
8. Jason Snelling, Virginia 7 72 10.3 33 0
9. De'Arrius Howard, Arkansas 12 120 10.0 60 0
10. Marcus Woods, Missouri

I hope this guy continues to get more carries!!!!!!!!

Bomis Hawg

Not bad at all.  Jones might be "the" back this year.

bigred7987

Jones & McFadden are the next Cadillac and Ronnie Brown.  Can't wait to see them tear it up all year

Lanny

Only bright spot yesterday were the freshman tailbacks.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Porkahontas

Quote from: hSv on September 04, 2005, 06:35:05 pm
Only bright spot yesterday were the freshman tailbacks.

You're kidding, right?

blu

He must be kidding.  I was there.  Jones and McFadden both looked good, but Hillis is THE man.  He was as dominating as he was in high school and definitely looked a step faster than he was last year.  Our O-line was good, our db's were mostly good, but I am not really too optimistic, overall.  I think Mustain will be starting by the second game of next season, if he really is the real deal.  MO-State had the best QB on the field, and we need one badly.  Hopefully, RJ will get some things worked out in the next week or two, but we did not execute the passing game very well IMHO.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

arkhogdog61

my post the other day <the next adrian peterson> was on the money! SO FAR  GO HOGS
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

Oklahawg

Jones should start until Hillis shows he can hold onto the ball. Howard's numbers are deceptive--he was clearly the #4 back for UA Saturday.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WindyCityHog

4 heads is better than one.....or something like that...

Oklahawg

I remember Ken Hatfield drawing up a punt return play on the chalkboard with Paul Eels during a TV show in the 80s. He talked about the 2 gunner blockers, the return man and the 9 guys who rush the punter and then run back to block. I couldn't help but note that we'd be much more successful on most plays if we used 12 players.

Having a four-headed RB might be the trick. Then again, it could be like that 3-headed monster in Monty Python's Holy Grail that only argued with itself.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RazrBakr

Hillis definitly has gotten amother gear over the summer.  When he foung the hole ,he lit it up.  If there was anyone in the way, he ran through them.   I loved watchig him at full back also.  He can flat a"lay da smack down"  .  Felix looked very fast and shifty.  He almost moves out of his own shoes.  McFadden got mop up in 4th quarter, but had a good game behind the 2nd team o-line.  I think Howard had better turned it on very soon or we won't even see him in the post game interviews...
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: OklahawgHaving a four-headed RB might be the trick. Then again, it could be like that 3-headed monster in Monty Python's Holy Grail that only argued with itself.

LEFT HEAD: Oh quick get the sword out I want to cut his head off!

RIGHT HEAD: Oh, cut your own head off!

MIDDLE HEAD: Yes, do us all a favor!

LEFT HEAD: What?

RIGHT HEAD: Yapping on all the time.

MIDDLE HEAD: You're lucky, you're not next to him.

LEFT HEAD: What do you mean?

MIDDLE HEAD: You snore.

LEFT HEAD: Oh I don't -- anyway, you've got bad breath.

MIDDLE HEAD: Well its only because you don't brush my teeth.

RIGHT HEAD: Oh stop bitching and let's go have tea.

LEFT HEAD: All right all right all right we'll kill him first
and then have tea and biscuits.

MIDDLE HEAD: Yes.

RIGHT HEAD: Oh, but not biscuits.

LEFT HEAD: All right all right not biscuits, but lets kill him
anyway.

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

zmhogs

One of Hillis's fumbles clearly was  a helmet square on the ball type deals which 9/10 times is gonna come out.

Lando Calrissian

Two fumbles in a game, I don't care if it's Barry Sanders getting run over by a dump truck, are inexcusable.

Hillis HAS to hold on to the ball.  Period.  He had problems with it last year, which I think a lot of us (at least I know I did) chalked up to him "getting used to playing college ball." 

The running game is all this team has, and they absolutely CANNOT afford a bunch of fumbles.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.