Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marketing Idea

Started by TulsaHogFan, September 04, 2005, 03:23:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHogFan

Ok I had this thought last night while driving back.

What are the possibilities of the Razorbacks putting together the entire season of games (home and away) on a DVD box set each year?  Is that feasible?  They could charge anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks and do pretty well with them. 

Just curious on thoughts on this.

If JFB does this i get some of the returns i am figuring a 30 pack of Arkansas beer shipped to my house once or twice a week will be sufficient.

Illinihog

Who would be in charge of this?  And if not all games are on TV how would you get Video?  And trust me I worked in the Video Department there, you don't want a copy of the game from the Jumbotron, it sucks.  The guys all look short and fat.  I know Andy Commer wouldn't want to do it, that would mean they would have to send it to Jim Borden, and I don't think he has enough time to do it, it's a lot more effort than it would be worth, just tape the games off TV if you want it so bad.

3kgthog

I would settle for a season highlights DVD.  I think OU does one and I wish we did too.  I doubt anything cool like that will ever happen though.  It took half a decade to fix Hogwired so I can't imagine how long it'll take for ARSN and the UA to realize that videotape is dead.  Ambush in Austin or Seventh Heaven anyone?

HogRadioTMC

FYI...

All other productions put out by ARSN will be on DVD like 22 Straights was.  When Ambush in Austin was released, the duplication company provided information to ARSN that over 50% of all households still didn't have a DVD player.  Less than two years later, that was not the case when 22 Straight was produced.  PROGRESS!

HogRadioTMC

It's already been discussed.  ARSN will be happy to produce a highlight video in those years when we're successful.  How many hog fans would have paid for a highlight DVD from last year's big 5 and 6 season...