Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball pickup game report

Started by batmanfan, September 04, 2005, 02:54:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

September 04, 2005, 02:54:24 pm Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:58:58 pm by batmanfan
*Someone may want to sticky this

Was able to go see the team yesterday before the Oklaho.......Arkansas Missouri St. game.  Here is my report....

Everyone was there expect Charles Thomas, not sure were he was.  STUD recuit Thaddeus Young was there for this visit as well.  It was a pretty good crowd of people.

Thad Young-  This guy is a beast.  You can tell he was holding back some expect for a few times.  When he took over he made others look silly.  Was cool seeing the players/coaches/other influences working on him to come.  A MUST GET.

Brewer- About like what you'd imagine..same great player.

Jonathon Modica-  VERY IMPRESSIVE...He went on a roll of 3's hitting EIGHT in a row.  Look for Mod to be second team ALL-SEC this year.

Darian Townes-  Dude is automatic from the baseline and is just impressive.  He'll be All-SEC this year...likes to use that expliced language too.

Eric Ferguson-  Was impressed by his shooting two, he hit over 50% from 3 land.  He was acting as a very good leader.

Steven Hill-  Gained alot of muscle but s still very unaggressive.  Disappointing.

Dontell Jefferson- Looked solid out there and had some nice drives to the basket and hit some 3's.  Hopefully he can conribute, still a question mark.

Gary Ervin-  Looked solid, had some nice drives to the basket and didn't seem urnover prone like at MSU.

Vince Hunter-  Another disappointment.  All he can do it hit it from about 8 feet out, can't hit any three's.

Preston Cranford-  Didn't play much, but nialed the 3's when he did.  Should be able to come over the bench and start nailing them.

Sean McCurdy-  Didn't look able, can tell he is a strong little guy and already a leader, very vocal.  Had some nice drives to the basket but needs to be better as a finsher.  3 point shot is good.  Better than I expected.

Cyrus McGowan-  Really Impressed.  Reminds me of Townes but needs o work on tat jumper.  Great hustle and awesome shot blocker.

Think ithat is it don't think I missed anyone.  Overall I was very impressed and anything les than an SEC WEST Title will be a dissappointment.

Next Week, Willie Kemp and Sonny Weems should be up there playing.  Should be at 1 pm again..you all should go see them.

BAT

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Bomis Hawg

Good stuff.  I don't think you need scoring from Vincent Hunter.  He's agressive enough to get to the rim and grab rebounds.  Thats all I expect from him.

If McGowen is ready to do what Townes did last year, it should be good enough for me.  I want Townes and Modica to have break-out years.

I agree, the SEC West is attainable.  I will settle for 2nd in the West.  Third?  Might be a little disappointing.  Good to see that foundation is being built back up.

Lanny

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on September 04, 2005, 03:08:55 pm
Good stuff. I don't think you need scoring from Vincent Hunter. He's agressive enough to get to the rim and grab rebounds. Thats all I expect from him.

If McGowen is ready to do what Townes did last year, it should be good enough for me. I want Townes and Modica to have break-out years.

I agree, the SEC West is attainable. I will settle for 2nd in the West. Third? Might be a little disappointing. Good to see that foundation is being built back up.

Did someone forget Heath is still the coach?   A coach that his players quit on last year
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Bomis Hawg

New season, new excitment.  It won't start like last season ended.  Never will for any team that had a collapse like that.

yraciv

this may seem odd, but did Young appear to be getting along with the guys? enjoying himself?

CorningHog

On our way in, we saw Dan Hipsher and Ronnie Thompson headed to the new football weight room, Hipsher waved back at one in our group.

Glad to hear Young was here.  Thought that he was supposed to be.

Thanks for the update.  Just may have to go check that out!  Saw the whole "posse" come into the sidelines at one point by Arkansas football team, can't remember when it was.  Looked like the basketball team to me.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"