Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Hall

Started by YepItsMe, February 07, 2008, 12:24:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

YepItsMe

The superinetendent at Mt. Nebo is Matt's father.  A letter was sent out to the State of Arkansas employees saying how proud he was yesterday when his son signed a letter of intent to play for Arkansas.  Were proud of your son too!

WPS  :razorback:

Brosshog

I have never seen a full body picture of Matt until yesterday. That kid is HUGE. It didn't look like he has much baby fat as I thought he did. With him and Oden (sp) we are going to have the biggest OL in the country.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

flagstaffhog

Is that boy still growing?
Go HOGS Go!

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

razorbass

Heard his little brother ( 6'8") was also playing football, and will be a Junior in highschool next year. I wonder how big he'll get?

idiotghos

Quote from: Brosshog on February 07, 2008, 12:37:01 pm
I have never seen a full body picture of Matt until yesterday. That kid is HUGE. It didn't look like he has much baby fat as I thought he did. With him and Oden (sp) we are going to have the biggest OL in the country.

Someone else pointed out it's a good thing Mallett's so tall or we'd have trouble throwing down the middle of the field.

hogninja

Quote from: idiotghos on February 08, 2008, 01:28:38 am
Someone else pointed out it's a good thing Mallett's so tall or we'd have trouble throwing down the middle of the field.

I was thinking that myself, seems they would clog the throwing lanes.  ??? :razorback:

flagstaffhog

Quote from: razorbass on February 08, 2008, 01:19:01 am
Heard his little brother ( 6'8") was also playing football, and will be a Junior in highschool next year. I wonder how big he'll get?

Geeez, how big is Mom & Dad?
Go HOGS Go!

razorbass

PorkSoda

wonder if he can catch?  BP could put one of them at TE for a play do a play action and toss it to the 6'10"giant who rumbles down the field for a first down.  That would be sweet.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbass

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2008, 02:02:53 am
wonder if he can catch?  BP could put one of them at TE for a play do a play action and toss it to the 6'10"giant who rumbles down the field for a first down.  That would be sweet.
Heck just give him the ball and let him fall forward. ;)

PorkSoda

Quote from: razorbass on February 08, 2008, 02:16:40 am
Heck just give him the ball and let him fall forward. ;)
Hell, just split him out wide.  There ain't a cornerback in the country who will be able to cover him.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Red Dog

Ive wondered the whole time why he isnt a defensive tackle .

UhOhioHog

TheGunther

everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

PorkButt

February 08, 2008, 09:57:44 am #16 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:00:46 am by PorkButt
Quote from: Red Dog on February 08, 2008, 09:08:53 am
[/quote

Probably the 5.6 40 and maybe a little too tall to play low enough.

MGCAPRI

Razorhogs

Quote from: MGCAPRI on February 08, 2008, 10:10:25 am
Fatter not bigger!

I agree -  3-5 inches shorter and 80 pounds heaver.  I'll take Matt Hall over the Bama guy.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: idiotghos on February 08, 2008, 01:28:38 am
Add Oden to the mix and even Mallet may need stilts.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

wholehog92

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 08, 2008, 10:52:12 am

How tall is Nathan in case Mallet gets hurt?  And for reference, Jason Peters was positively a HUGE tight end at 6'4".  Oden played tight end in HS.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

FootballFanatic

Quote from: razorbass on February 08, 2008, 01:19:01 am
No he's about 6'5. I think he'll either be a freshman this year or a sophomore.

40YrHogFan

Matt's Dad is about the same size as he is, maybe a couple inches shorter. His Mom is about 5'11" or 6'.

cityhog

DEVICEHIGH

February 08, 2008, 11:08:58 am #24 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:41:57 am by DEVICEHIGH
Quote from: Red Dog on February 08, 2008, 09:08:53 am

There has to be a point, on the oline, where height would be a detriment.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

El Puerco

Will be interesting to see how his strength, but more importantly his quickness, devleops and if he can keep his pads down.  He's going to have his work cut out for him because 6'10" can be more of a liability than an asset in college football.

mtnmusic

Interesting thought.. instead of having your quarterbacks practice throwing over ladders, you recruit ladders. LMAO!

UhOhioHog

Quote from: cityhog on February 08, 2008, 11:08:29 am
can you say heart attack?

That kid needs to get on Lipitor quick!

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on February 08, 2008, 11:08:58 am
I too have thought about this.
There has to be a point, on the Oline, where height would be a detriment.

People say that Matt plays with a very low pad level, I have not seen it, but I was concerned as well.  I guess we shall see

presidentMPJ

Quote from: FootballFanatic on February 08, 2008, 11:00:51 am
No he's about 6'5. I think he'll either be a freshman this year or a sophomore.

He also went along with Matt to visit Arkansas. Not as a recruit just as a brother.

The Broadcaster

Speaking of BIG O-linemen, do you guys remember King Dunlap from Auburn. I think he just completed his Sr. year, but seeing him at Auburn in 06' and last season, the kid is HUGE. Roster has him at 6-8, 312 but he may be bigger, not sure if he'll play in NFL or not, havn't looked at projections.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

El Puerco

February 08, 2008, 11:26:24 am #31 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:30:25 am by ElPuerco
Quote from: razrhog05 on February 08, 2008, 11:20:57 am
People say that Matt plays with a very low pad level, I have not seen it, but I was concerned as well.  I guess we shall see

This will be very interesting.  Guys that size typically do well in high school (overwhelming not-so-stellar 200 pound defensive linemen) and are picked up by big programs as a "project."  The great majority of them don't pan out. SEC defensive linemen are monsters and will typically be stronger than Matt (not too mention much, much faster). Quickness, a general mean-spirited disposition, and tenaciously holding blocks might save him
I really hope he turns into a beast.

wholehog92

Quote from: YepItsMe on February 07, 2008, 12:24:06 pm
The superinetendent at Mt. Nebo is Matt's father.  A letter was sent out to the State of Arkansas employees saying how proud he was yesterday when his son signed a letter of intent to play for Arkansas.  Were proud of your son too!

WPS  :razorback:

Did Matt do any HS wresting?  I am a big beleiver in that to help with footwork and balance.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Wild Bill Hog

Glad I don't have Mr. & Mrs. Hall's grocery bill.

D Ive Wright

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 08, 2008, 10:52:12 am
We could get the ladders out of storage.

D Ive Wright

Quote from: mtnmusic on February 08, 2008, 11:18:04 am
Interesting thought.. instead of having your quarterbacks practice throwing over ladders, you recruit ladders. LMAO
Sorry, I did not see your post about ladders. You beat me. Plus one to you and I'm sure I have already been smited.

cardinalhawg

February 08, 2008, 02:56:36 pm #36 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:06:26 pm by cardinalhawg
They could put Hall, Oden, and Mallett out there on defense when the opposing team is attempting field goals.  I do not think that I would want the QB out there, but Oden should have the athleticism to be used in such a role.

PorkSoda

Quote from: cardinalhawg on February 08, 2008, 02:56:36 pm
They could put Hall, Oden, and Mallett out there on defense when the opposing team is attempting field goals.  I do not I would want the QB out there, but Oden should have the athleticism to be used in such a role.
I wouldn't be suprised to see ODEN playing some special teams

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: razrhog05 on February 08, 2008, 11:20:57 am

I might be wrong but playing with a low pad level is a good thing.  When O-lineman play to high thats when they get beat due to leverage.

El Puerco

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on February 08, 2008, 03:05:25 pm
I might be wrong but playing with a low pad level is a good thing.  When O-lineman play to high thats when they get beat due to leverage.

I think the two of you are actually in agreement

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: ElPuerco on February 08, 2008, 03:07:02 pm
I think the two of you are actually in agreement

I dunno what he is meaning.

Concerned because people claim he plays with a low pad level.

or

Concerned that he has not seen him play with a low pad level

El Puerco

Quote from: LSPRazorbac on February 08, 2008, 03:15:49 pm
I dunno what he is meaning.

Concerned because people claim he plays with a low pad level.

or

Concerned that he has not seen him play with a low pad level

Not to speak for him, but I read it as he HEARD that he plays at a low pad level, which he has been unable to verify.  If he WERE to find that he played at a high pad level, he would be concerned.

40YrHogFan

Supposedly a coach at a summer camp after his sophomore year told Hall to work on his footwork. He started doing special drills for moving his feet.

Markuson told him in the spring his footwork was very very good and that the drills paid off.

Hope that's true - might be another Hurricane.

flagstaffhog

IF he plays at a low pad level, and IF he keeps improving his footwork and IF he develops in the weight room and IF he develops a nasty streak - he will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

I think I read that M.Hall did not give up a sack in his senior year. So the footwork drills have helped, but will need more improvement. From what I have read about the new strength & conditioning coach, developing in the weight room and adding quickness will come. The nasty and mean streak is up to him.

Ditto for Mr. Oden
Go HOGS Go!

Grunt

He'll play at about 360 with much more strength. Can you imagine?!
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Razorvet

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 08, 2008, 10:58:19 am
How tall is Nathan in case Mallet gets hurt?  And for reference, Jason Peters was positively a HUGE tight end at 6'4".  Oden played tight end in HS.
You meant Tyler.

Razorvet

Grunt

need to keep challenging  him to be more and more agresive - make him mean. Can you see him going after a qb with a blocker in each hand?

Grunt

Quote from: TexasHogfan on February 08, 2008, 09:12:10 am
Bama signed a bigger kid.  Check out this monster!

He really has the features of giantism but our guy much more potential.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: mtnmusic on February 08, 2008, 11:18:04 am
Interesting thought.. instead of having your quarterbacks practice throwing over ladders, you recruit ladders. LMAO!

HA!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American