Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"That just makes your heart smile."

Started by longtimeHogfan, February 07, 2008, 10:10:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhawg

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 07, 2008, 10:29:56 am
The problem with Nutt (and there are many ) is that he won't be able to snatch players from other's teams next year.  Or will he??? :O

I seriously doubt that he will be "snatching" anymore players from Arkansas.  His day here is done with a capital "D."

toozakpig

Run Forrest Run! Oh sorry that is Ole Miss' playbook.

rzrbaxfan

It "makes my heart smile" just thinking that we can hear this and laugh knowing its someone else's problem now instead of saying "damn, another year of this?!?!"

cmc3030

that you nutt? if it is you suck...
Quote from: bowlhogs07 on February 07, 2008, 11:56:43 am
Sounds like some of you are scared of Nutt....

usnavyhogfan

i actually feel bad for ole miss. they dont deserve that dumb@$$
The dream is free, the journey is not.

BCShogs

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: BCShogs on February 07, 2008, 04:04:57 pm
What you love is the effort.

They were THAT close.  Just wait til next year. :)

NostraHogmus

What type of ties does TCTWF assistants have to Chatham Va?  Did they hire the High School coach from there?  Looks like they signed half the team... just curious - and I'm SOOOO glad he isn't our problem any more!

TLFHAWG

Ole Miss is going to get a little bit better and just sit there.

lateshow

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on February 07, 2008, 04:01:47 pm

Oh Yes, they do!

farmhawg

Those stars come at you fast and just mess you up!
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hambunctious

They all should have played "Nutt Jargon" bingo.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: oldhawg on February 07, 2008, 03:24:24 pm

I seriously doubt that he will be "snatching" anymore players from Arkansas.  His day here is done with a capital "D."

He didn't snatch any players from Arkansas this year..He is going to really hurt UCA and Ark Tech though and he might even get a couple from A State..He got Zero that Arkansas was recruiting. He's not going to be a player for Arkansas players..No freakin way!

GBPackerFan

Quote from: LawnHog48 on February 07, 2008, 04:50:11 pm
He didn't snatch any players from Arkansas this year..He is going to really hurt UCA and Ark Tech though and he might even get a couple from A State..He got Zero that Arkansas was recruiting. He's not going to be a player for Arkansas players..No freakin way!
We were wanting Epperson, weren't we?

AFWarrior83

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 07, 2008, 10:10:04 am
     Reading through TCTWF's 'presser' following signing day, I just noticed a few things...

1)  "We really wanted to get some tight ends in our system."  (to block for the running game, of course)
2)  "Thinks like that excite you."  
3)  "I'm excited about him."  (Every time I think of E.J., I think of going through storms on a plane.")  Huh?
4)  "He is just so athletic."
5)  "That is what makes your heart smile."
6)  "I like qualifiers that are going to be eligible."
7)  "We come from a place where we led the league in rushing." 
8)  "I don't want a bunch of four and five-star guys that commit and then can't get in."

.....and my favorite?

9)  "I'm not worried about 'stars'."

Man when I read the article, I laughed my arse off!  "We're not worried about stars" then backtracked... "Well we will take them, but that's not our goal".

I think you left out "Once you got momma and granny sold, you've got em"  I just thought, spoken like a true salesman!

"This cars only has 200,000 miles on it.  That sound isn't a knock in the motor, this baby purs like a kitten, and runs like a dream."  :puke:
Hogville member since 2005.

Hog Fan from Camden

Yea, pretty soon they will be "bouncing around out there" and "getting Gatorade"!

hawgfandude

Quote from: miles22 on February 07, 2008, 10:31:36 am
I guess you would have classified me as a Nutt hugger while he was here, but I can't help but laugh reading those quotes. I sure am glad to have Petrino.

Welcome Home

ballhog™

I'm sure he recruited to "just fill needs".
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

ballhog™

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on February 07, 2008, 04:01:47 pm

They deserve everything they get.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 07, 2008, 03:40:00 pm
Sorry, I could hear him saying that phrase or something similar.  Your attempt is precious though and so noted.

+1 for the sheer enjoyment of hearing the word "precious" come from Fresh Legs...not Dale.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Throwback1

Did he not use the word "precious" one time?!!!!
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

MacHog19

LTHF,
Thanks for posting TCTWF's quotes.  What a hoot!  Those are the same type malapropisms he used when he was at Arkansas and it truly reminds me that he was never going to coach Arkansas to an SEC Championship, BCS win or BCS Championship.  I think we'll see essentially the same thing happen at Ole Miss that happened here.  TCTWF will be pretty successful his first year (with Orgeron's players) and his rah-rah motivation.  Then in 3 or 4 years, when he cannot coach at the same level as Saban, Tuberville, Petrino, et al., the Rebel faithful will figure out why most Razorback fans wanted TCTWF gone, despite having D-Mac and a 10-win season.

BayofPigs

Quote from: Hawgon on February 07, 2008, 10:35:02 am
I can picture HDN saying, "I like fat girls better anyway.  They really want it."
I'm sure he knows well now that pimping ain't easy

Sivad

If the Dork ever graduated from Oklahoma State, they ought to be real embarrassed with what an illiterate nincompoop they put out.

sowmonella

Did any of their recruits "Love that helmet"? 8)
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RMBsax01

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on February 07, 2008, 10:58:54 am
wow.  "Mr 2 Star" not worried about stars . . .  never in a million years would I have imagined that.

This guy aimes for mediocrity.  I feel for Ole Miss, they don't know what's coming. 

Right now Ole Miss could only dream for mediocrity though.  3 SEC wins a year would be an acheivement for them.  They deserve each other!!

The real Hogules

February 07, 2008, 07:58:47 pm #76 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:02:10 pm by The real Hogules
Well, now that they have Nuttless and Co. they will be right there (approaching mediocrity) and Nutt will tell them how they were justa few plays away.........................

Thank GAWD he isn't feeding us that line of Otis any longer!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

msudawgs64

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 07, 2008, 10:37:19 am
Tell me again why you signed 32 commits.

I'm guessing logic isn't his strong suit. ;D

lol, that one was my favorite too..

Correct me if I am wrong here but are you not eligible technically if you qualify?   I mean someone surely can find holes in my logic here and that's ok but looking at it from a college football standpoint, they are one and the same.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Throwback1

I've been a Hog fan for about 30 years.  Some here have been fans longer, some shorter.  I have never seen our fan base so united, so optimistic, so excited, about the University's athletic programs from top to bottom.  Thoughts?
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on February 07, 2008, 10:33:07 am

Reminds me of the guy at the bar that gets shot down by the hottie then says "I didn't like her anyway".
EXACTLY !!!!! +1
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: purplehog44 on February 07, 2008, 11:11:08 am
I'm just glad he's gone. Soon, Ole Miss fans will feel the same way.
Yeah the first time its 3rd down and 8 and they run a draw play I can hear it now " hottie tottie .. what the hell was that"
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BStric

I see the little yellow bus followed him to ole miss.  same story different place

chortle

"he reminds you of Marcus Monk"

"he reminds you of Felix Jones"

What a dillhole. I am sure the OM fans love having all their new recruits being compared to Arkansas players.

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

msudawgs64

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on February 07, 2008, 10:15:47 pm
Yeah the first time its 3rd down and 8 and they run a draw play I can hear it now " hottie tottie .. what the hell was that"

that's assuming they are even in the stands and not out drinking in the Grove trying not to get their khaki's dirty.

Slackavelli

Quote from: Throwback1 on February 07, 2008, 06:43:32 pm
Did he not use the word "precious" one time?!!!!
Or "special"....wow, in a way I'm proud of him for this.  What a breakthrough lol

Throwback1

naw...we'll here it...."ya know, Chuck, it's like I tell our kids, every win is so precious, so very special."

oldtimerhog

Every time Nutt opens his mouth, his brain falls out.  He is pathetic.  I can't wait to see the Ole Miss fans when they find out they were duped by a used car salesman!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Gettin Down w tha Hawgs

February 08, 2008, 01:15:19 am #88 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 01:18:18 am by Gettin Down w tha Hawgs
Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on February 07, 2008, 10:15:47 pm
----------------------

Or lee corso's comments: " What? Are you kidding me? I don't understand it!!! Who gave that guy a playbook"?  :razorback:

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

sonnysunshine!

''We got get BETTER'' ''Three points of PRESSURE'' ""Every win is SPECIAL'' and the all time favorite '' I call that play BROTHA''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I just want to apologize to ole piss.   You have literally no idea what you have gotten yourselves into with the hiring of a dork.  I mean if you were wanting to be a player in the SEC you went the wrong way.  Just hope you guys are smarter than our admin and figure it out before ten years.........

Go Hogs!
Go Bobby P
wps
Let's make some waves.

condohog

It may have already been posted but did anyone notice TCTWF had a dry erase board with recruits on it an BP had printed out placards. I think we will see more and more of thest professional touches as we go along.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: condohog on February 08, 2008, 08:46:05 am
It may have already been posted but did anyone notice TCTWF had a dry erase board with recruits on it an BP had printed out placards. I think we will see more and more of thest professional touches as we go along.

There is a thread on the topic and it cracks me up.....suit vs sweater vest :)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=204509.0

chortle

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on February 08, 2008, 08:59:06 am
There is a thread on the topic and it cracks me up.....suit vs sweater vest :)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=204509.0

That's hilarious.

I guess Dale thinks if he dresses like Jim Tressel, maybe he will begin to coach like him.

scoocorhob

When I read his press conference I had the same thoughts. I LMAO. You did a great job of summarizing the high (low) points. There's no comparison between the professionalism of the 2 coaches. I'm ready to go to the Red/White game. If you're interested let me know at the hospital next Wednesday.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: MacHog19 on February 07, 2008, 07:05:33 pm
LTHF,
Thanks for posting TCTWF's quotes.  What a hoot!  Those are the same type malapropisms he used when he was at Arkansas and it truly reminds me that he was never going to coach Arkansas to an SEC Championship, BCS win or BCS Championship.  I think we'll see essentially the same thing happen at Ole Miss that happened here.  TCTWF will be pretty successful his first year (with Orgeron's players) and his rah-rah motivation.  Then in 3 or 4 years, when he cannot coach at the same level as Saban, Tuberville, Petrino, et al., the Rebel faithful will figure out why most Razorback fans wanted TCTWF gone, despite having D-Mac and a 10-win season.

...and I missed several good ones, as has been pointed out.  You just have to think that "precious" and "special" were lurking there, just under the radar.  And we'll hear them this year, of that you can be sure. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Bama Hog™

We got four or five offensive linemen that we needed. Big guys. One from Alabama, 6-6, his grandmother, grandfather and mother all came here and said it was the most beautiful campus they had ever seen. Boy, that is what makes your heart smile. We knew we had him sold. When you get momma and grandma, you got them.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

irishman

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on February 07, 2008, 10:45:45 am
"That just makes your heart smile".....haha. That is so Nutt

OMG, I can actually picture him saying that in my mind.

Throwback1