Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"That just makes your heart smile."

Started by longtimeHogfan, February 07, 2008, 10:10:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimeHogfan

Reading through TCTWF's 'presser' following signing day, I just noticed a few things...

1)  "We really wanted to get some tight ends in our system."  (to block for the running game, of course)
2)  "Thinks like that excite you."   
3)  "I'm excited about him."  (Every time I think of E.J., I think of going through storms on a plane.")  Huh?
4)  "He is just so athletic."
5)  "That is what makes your heart smile."
6)  "I like qualifiers that are going to be eligible."
7)  "We come from a place where we led the league in rushing." 
8)  "I don't want a bunch of four and five-star guys that commit and then can't get in."

.....and my favorite?

9)  "I'm not worried about 'stars'."

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogrock

wow....you just can't fix stupid can you.   ::) some people would be better off to just not talk.

taintlint

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 07, 2008, 10:10:04 am

9)  "I'm not worried about 'stars'."

Recruiting isn't an exact science and sometimes "stars" don't equal national championships but try and find a national champion without "stars".

Stars matter.

miles22

I guess you would have classified me as a Nutt hugger while he was here, but I can't help but laugh reading those quotes. I sure am glad to have Petrino.

rzrbaxfan

Quote"I don't want a bunch of four and five-star guys that commit and then can't get in."

I think he should have said   "I don't want a bunch of four and five-star guys that won't commit and I couldn't get to come play from me."

Reminds me of the guy at the bar that gets shot down by the hottie then says "I didn't like her anyway".

Hawgon

QuoteReminds me of the guy at the bar that gets shot down by the hottie then says "I didn't like her anyway".

I can picture HDN saying, "I like fat girls better anyway.  They really want it."

bigarrazorback

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on February 07, 2008, 10:33:07 am
I think he should have said   "I don’t want a bunch of four and five-star guys that won't commit and I couldn't get to come play from me."
or maybe he should have said "I don't want a four or five star guy that calls me a dork while in high school."

Jack The BN

One national recruiting article I just read sad that Nutt will be able build his offense around Enrique Davis, They don't know how right they are. I'm sure that Davis is nothing less that awesome. But when he carries the ball almost every down, it will eventually be Dmac in the Cotton Bowl all over again.

I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

redbarn

I have to give Nutt credit.  He built a fence around Arkansas to keep our top recruits from going to other teams,  by leaving for ole piss and letting us get a great coach who keeps our top talent in state playing for the Razorbacks.  And as far as the star ratings go, if the majority of my recruits were only two star because that is all I could  get  to play for me, I would make excuses also.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

gohogsgo006

"That just makes your heart smile".....haha. That is so Nutt
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

311Hog

Quote from: Jack The BN on February 07, 2008, 10:36:55 am
One national recruiting article I just read sad that Nutt will be able build his offense around Enrique Davis, They don't know how right they are. I'm sure that Davis is nothing less that awesome. But when he carries the ball almost every down, it will eventually be Dmac in the Cotton Bowl all over again.

true but i have a hard time believing that a guy named "Enrique" is going to be the next Dmac.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: redbarn on February 07, 2008, 10:45:15 am
I have to give Nutt credit.  He built a fence around Arkansas to keep our top recruits from going to other teams. 

...and if he's the least bit interested in seeing what a real fence looks like, he should go here:

http://arkansas.rivals.com:80/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1854
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

gohogsgo006

Nutt will get his usual Big Oline and good RB....but what he fails to ever take care of is his defense.

Defense wins championships
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Pissed Pig

My brother goes to school at Ole Miss.  He said that it is finally starting to sink in down there, that they are going to run the ball... ALOT!

jgphillips3

Someone should have said: "but coach...what about those four and five star guys that can qualify?"

jgphillips3

Quote from: Pissed Pig on February 07, 2008, 10:51:23 am
My brother goes to school at Ole Miss.  He said that it is finally starting to sink in down there, that they are going to run the ball... ALOT!

First it sinks in...then you just sink...

311Hog

Someone posted in another thread that Nutt actually said that Dmac was a 2 star coming out of high school in his Ole Piss presser. Is this true?

What an amazing lier this guy is truly one of a kind.

sonnysunshine!

Even as one of the biggest ''Nutt Hugger'' of all time. I say please put a gun to my head and BLAST away if i ever have to hear quotes like that again

Swinehart

February 07, 2008, 10:57:48 am #19 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:12:08 pm by Swinehart
Wow, 13 out of the top 15! 

and no way were we going to get the kid who grew up in Wisconsin.

but how in the world did we miss (lol) on the guy who went to A State?

kimjongsqUeAl

February 07, 2008, 10:58:54 am #20 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:03:50 am by kim_jong_sqUeAl
wow.  "Mr 2 Star" not worried about stars . . .  never in a million years would I have imagined that.

This guy aimes for mediocrity.  I feel for Ole Miss, they don't know what's coming. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

SpenceHogg

Quote from: 311Hog on February 07, 2008, 10:48:09 am
true but i have a hard time believing that a guy named "Enrique" is going to be the next Dmac.

Georgia's got a kid named Knowshaun that might break DMac's records.  If he can do it, Enrique can.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Swinehart on February 07, 2008, 10:57:48 am

but how in the world did we miss on the guy who went to A State?

What? Are you being serious?

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: taintlint on February 07, 2008, 10:29:12 am
Recruiting isn't an exact science and sometimes "stars" don't equal national championships but try and find a national champion without "stars".

Stars matter.

OR...the way Petrino put it yesterday. He's not as concerned about stars and ratings because HE and HIS STAFF want to do the final evaluation. But you know the guys he's after have plenty of stars.

With Nutt...stars aren't as relevant because he'll make excuses anyway.
With Petrino...stars aren't as relevant because he's smarter than the recruiting publications.

I'll take Petrino.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

GBPackerFan

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 07, 2008, 10:10:04 am
     Reading through TCTWF's 'presser' following signing day, I just noticed a few things...

1)  "We really wanted to get some tight ends in our system."  (to block for the running game, of course)
2)  "Thinks like that excite you."  
3)  "I’m excited about him."  (Every time I think of E.J., I think of going through storms on a plane.")  Huh?
4)  "He is just so athletic."
5)  "That is what makes your heart smile."
6)  "I like qualifiers that are going to be eligible."
7)  "We come from a place where we led the league in rushing." 
8)  "I don’t want a bunch of four and five-star guys that commit and then can’t get in."

.....and my favorite?

9)  "I’m not worried about 'stars'."

What does "TCTWF" mean?  I have been seeing that on here lately, but have never known what that means. 

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: SpenceHogg on February 07, 2008, 10:59:44 am
Georgia's got a kid named Knowshaun that might break DMac's records.  If he can do it, Enrique can.

Georgia kid has a long way to go to beat out DMac. He's just starting come back in a year and then we'll talk.

311Hog

Quote from: Swinehart on February 07, 2008, 10:57:48 am

but how in the world did we miss on the guy who went to A State?

I think we simply ran out of WR schollies for Stockamyer sp? the kid that went to A state.

311Hog

Quote from: GBPackerFan on February 07, 2008, 11:00:34 am
What does "TCTWF" mean?  I have been seeing that on here lately, but have never known what that means. 

the coach that was fired

josh_sec33

Quote from: Pissed Pig on February 07, 2008, 10:51:23 am

Don't tell me they seriously thought that TCTWF was installing a spread type open offense.

What I have found funny is the Ole Missy fans who realized this a while ago and ahve tried to tell everyone get locked, shouted down, or banned from their message boards.

Wait.....that sounds familiar around here. Like what used to happen at every other board except Hogville.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: 311Hog on February 07, 2008, 10:55:24 am
Someone posted in another thread that Nutt actually said that Dmac was a 2 star coming out of high school in his Ole Piss presser. Is this true?

He may have said it elsewhere, but I re-read his 'presser' following national signing day, and that particular quote was not there.  Sounds like something he would have said though.

David†

I'm just glad he's gone. Soon, Ole Miss fans will feel the same way.

Calling All Hogs

"Telling a young receiver that you plan to run the spread offense next year and seeing that he actually believes you.That is what makes your heart smile."

OTTER

Isn't it great to have a coach who sounds like a coach on signing day instead of a coach who sounds like he is peddling used cars?  We definately traded up.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

El Puerco

Enjoy him, Ole Miss, you deserve each other.

Pissed Pig

Quote from: josh_sec33 on February 07, 2008, 11:05:29 am
Don't tell me they seriously thought that TCTWF was installing a spread type open offense.

What I have found funny is the Ole Missy fans who realized this a while ago and ahve tried to tell everyone get locked, shouted down, or banned from their message boards.

Wait.....that sounds familiar around here. Like what used to happen at every other board except Hogville.

They asked him not to wear his "Got Bobby" shirt I got him for Christmas in one of his classes.

They will fire Kayhat, and Pete Boone before this is over.  Wait. . .  that happen here didn't it?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Simple Swineman

Quote from: Jack The BN on February 07, 2008, 10:36:55 am

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you are an Ole Miss fan signing Enrique Davis may look like a huge steal, but you will find out that it is the worst thing that could have happened. If he shows any promise he will be your offense for the next 3-4 years. When defenses figure out how to stop him there will not be a plan B.

FATBACKHAWG

Sounds like some of you are scared of Nutt....

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: bowlhogs07 on February 07, 2008, 11:56:43 am
Sounds like some of you are scared of Nutt....

Hugger alert..NO we are just very excited that he's not here anymore. What a wasted 10 year under a coach who did less with more!! No we're not afraid of the big bad Nuttjob raiding our state in recruiting..What  a joke..The guy couldn't recruit when he was the coach here and some thought he would raid us..Not ever going to happen

Ark Tech and UCA are going to be hurt by Nutts instate recruiting though..LOL..

FATBACKHAWG

lateshow

Quote from: LawnHog48 on February 07, 2008, 12:01:23 pm
Hugger alert..NO we are just very excited that he's not here anymore. What a wasted 10 year under a coach who did less with more!! No we're not afraid of the big bad Nuttjob raiding our state in recruiting..What  a joke..The guy couldn't recruit when he was the coach here and some thought he would raid us..Not ever going to happen

Ark Tech and UCA are going to be hurt by Nutts instate recruiting though..LOL..

Matter of fact, I'm sure Coach Roberts is kinda pissed he's not the best coach in the D1 in Arkansas anymore. LOL

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

budcampbellfan

same ole nut.  They will come to realize, he will say virtually the same things every year.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

ronmahony

The Dork that was fired, don't you mean?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

CountryBoar

Quote from: josh_sec33 on February 07, 2008, 11:05:29 am

are you serious? i don't post much but i've been a member on several boards since the late 90s when i frequented pigpen. i like to come get info here and think there are some great posters, but hogville has got to be one of the most strict nazi-like boards for banning people that i've ever seen.

bigarrazorback

Quote from: CountryBoar on February 07, 2008, 12:27:44 pm
are you serious? i don't post much but i've been a member on several boards since the late 90s when i frequented pigpen. i like to come get info here and think there are some great posters, but hogville has got to be one of the most strict nazi-like boards for banning people that i've ever seen.
actually you are wrong my friend i got baned from other boards for talking bad about nutt just once

_Collin1

I always liked it when Nutt tries to incorporate family....
"When you get mama and papa on campus, then you know you have a shot"
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 07, 2008, 11:29:53 am
Don't tell me that is the full quote.  He can't be that stupid ???

Wow, that tire about is about to explode because the tread is gone.

In other words, what's he really means is these young men are more ignorant than the kids he formerly recruited.  They buy into his salespitch.

My attempt at humor Pel Legs, not an actual Nutty quote.

carramrod34

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 07, 2008, 11:10:09 am
     He may have said it elsewhere, but I re-read his 'presser' following national signing day, and that particular quote was not there.  Sounds like something he would have said though.

DMAC was a5 star in 2005 per rivals
Somewhere between a brainfart and a brainstorm