Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archie Manning

Started by Kinghog1, February 03, 2008, 11:55:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinghog1

Don't you know that he feels sick as CRAP now that his sons have both won a Super Bowl and he hasn't. :puke:
Tough Titty said The Kitty but the milk is still good

WoooPigSooie

That's crazy talk.

I'm sure Archie would've liked to have won a SB, but I bet money he couldnt be a happier, prouder father than he is tonight.

You're dead wrong on this one.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

snoblind

was it just me not paying attention or did they not show him tonight?  Saw several shots of Peyton, but don't recall them showing Archie.

NuttinItUp

He would rather them win than not I am sure.

alohawg

I think he's probably feeling like really proud Dad right about now, I would.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hogsgrl09

Quote from: snoblind on February 03, 2008, 11:57:19 pm
was it just me not paying attention or did they not show him tonight?  Saw several shots of Peyton, but don't recall them showing Archie.

that's what I was wondering. Surely he was there?
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

Kinghog1

Excuse me but did I say he was pissed at his sons??...........NO I just said he has to feel sick or maybe better words would be LEFT OUT
Quote from: WoooPigSooie on February 03, 2008, 11:57:05 pm
That's crazy talk.

I'm sure Archie would've liked to have won a SB, but I bet money he couldnt be a happier, prouder father than he is tonight.

You're dead wrong on this one.

Calling All Hogs

Anyone who is a parent knows the answer to this. A basic parental instict is to want your children to do more in life
than you did. I can gurantee Archie is happier tonight than he could have ever been by winning a superbowl himself.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: Kinghog1 on February 03, 2008, 11:59:38 pm
Excuse me but did I say he was pissed at his sons??...........NO I just said he has to feel sick or maybe better words would be LEFT OUT

Did I say you said he was pissed at his sons?  Where did you get that?

As callmehog stated, anyone thats a parent wants their kids to do better for themselves than they did.

He's feeling nothing but pride tonight.
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

hogfanincville

February 04, 2008, 12:08:51 am #9 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:10:36 am by hogfanincville
Quote from: CallMeHog on February 04, 2008, 12:01:25 am
Anyone who is a parent knows the answer to this. A basic parental instict is to want your children to do more in life
than you did. I can gurantee Archie is happier tonight than he could have ever been by winning a superbowl himself.

Agreed. I'm not a father yet, but my grandfather and father were some of the greatest I can imagine. There's no mistaking that they get much more out of the accomplishments of their kids and grandkids (and they've accomplished some impressive things in their own right).

If anything I'd suspect it's even sweeter for him that they were able to accomplish what he wasn't.

Derjen

Quote from: Kinghog1 on February 03, 2008, 11:55:03 pm
Don't you know that he feels sick as CRAP now that his sons have both won a Super Bowl and he hasn't. :puke:

Obviously, you're not a father.

Kinghog1

Derjen

Quote from: Kinghog1 on February 04, 2008, 12:11:11 am
FAther of 3 buddy...

Then if you'd be "felt sick as CRAP" if your sons won a Super Bowl and you didn't, you're not a "good" father, "buddy".

txkrazorback

I'll give an analogy:
I took my 5 year old son, 11 year old son and his friend, my brother and my father in-law to the Cowboys v Eagles game when they began their losing streak. My 11 year old is an Eagles fan and he wore his McNabb jersey and rooted them to their win over Dallas. He rubbed it in our faces and even  other Cowboy fans as we left.

He is very timid and generally has a very low self-esteem. I told him,
"Son; I may not agree with your choice of the Eagles,
but YOU did something that a lot of grown men wouldn't do.
You went into a Pro-NFL Stadium wearing the jersey of an
opposing team at the Cowboys stadium. That takes
a lot of commitment and actually guts. I don't think I would
have been able to do that at your age. So don't ever let
anyone tell you that you are weak. Don't ever be afraid
of others trying to intimidate you because I know you are strong.
I am very proud of you and I love you."

Now this may be a bit different, but I share this to say
that I guarantee Archie is Proud
of all 3 his Boys, and he's not "sick as CRAP" that Eli and Peyton
Super Bowl wins and he doesn't. His other son Cooper was diagnosed
with spinal stenosis and couldn't play college, but I bet Archie
is just as proud of him as well.
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Michael Porkleone

If I was Archie i'd say "Yeah, they came from me.  There are my boys."
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

rodneyrh

I usually just read through here to see what's going on, as I live out of state. Have never felt the need to post anything until now. I attended Ole Miss football camp as a kid and had the pleasure of meeting Archie. He's as classy of an individual in, an out, of sport as you'll ever meet. Can't believe someone had the stupidity to post that!

NuttinItUp

This whole conversation is idiotic.

Of course he wants his sons to succeed and do better than he did. Doesn't every father?

He surely isnt "sick" about it. Good Lord.

Section B

Some thoughts are better left as that-  thoughts.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

Kinghog1

CRAP people  I had NO idea that this post would get so many people pissed off. I was just refering to the point that Archie  had never won a super bowl and thats it. I know he is   happy that both his sons have now won a Super Bowl as much as any father would be  happy  for his sons.  That's all I was saying.............I mean CRAP calm down and read between the lines

Derjen

Quote from: Kinghog1 on February 04, 2008, 01:15:51 am
CRAP people  I had NO idea that this post would get so many people pissed off. I was just refering to the point that Archie  had never won a super bowl and thats it. I know he is   happy that both his sons have now won a Super Bowl as much as any father would be  happy  for his sons.  That's all I was saying.............I mean CRAP calm down and read between the lines

No - you were saying

That's not the same!

Kinghog1

Derjen u can take it for what ever u like  because I can care less but for the remark u made about me as a father u know you was wrong for that
Quote from: Derjen on February 04, 2008, 01:25:09 am

No - you were saying

That's not the same!

Shuga Town HEMI

Well really...you were wrong. I don't know a lot about Archie's days, but my boss told me in his day, he was a good player, just stuck on a pretty bad NFL team with no line to protect him. Peyton and Eli just had the power to end up on winning teams. I never thought Eli would compare to Peyton, especially this soon in his career, and his stat's still might not be as good as Peyton's, but he still won a Super Bowl a whole lot faster than Peyton.

Hog on the Hill

Any good father wants his children to be more successful than he ever was... and it's not like it was Archie's fault that he never won the SB.

SpareRib

Quote from: CallMeHog on February 04, 2008, 12:01:25 am
Anyone who is a parent knows the answer to this. A basic parental instict is to want your children to do more in life than you did. I can gurantee Archie is happier tonight than he could have ever been by winning a superbowl himself.

I sure agree with this one.

As an aside, although Archie was a great quarterback, he spent half his career flat on his back because the Saints could never put a line in front of him that could keep the defense off of him.  I have often wondered what he could have done with a solid O line.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

darmstadthog

I am sure that Archie Manning is extremely proud of his sons.  And yes, I am sure that he wishes he could have won one.  But, as a father, he probably isn't that concerned about it.  I will say that it is a shame he didn't win one.  Other than Roger Staubach, he was one of my favorite QBs when I was a kid growing up in the 70s.

How awesome would it be for two of your sons to win back to back super bowls?  My friends would never hear the end of it.  LOL.  I saw a Fox news story where Peyton and Eli were talking in the locker room.  I hope that my two boys are that close when they are that age.

Hog inAustin

He is a happy man.  Also, I have had the opportunity to be around Peyton a bit and Eli a few times.  Both are great guys and real gentlemen.  For what it is worth, Archie and Olivia raised them right.  WPS...

Milton

Archie I'm sure feels nothing but pride. After all he is only the 2nd dad to have 2 sons both win the superbowl, and the first to have them win back to back years.
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

RazorBassin

Yeah, probably real disappointed in them.  I bet he is on top of the world.  He has to be proud.

Throwback1

Somebody don't have kids...lol...the last thing Archie is thinking about right now is his career.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

drewby

You obviously don't have kids.

frankwilliams

I'm a father of twin sons. To know that he produced the last TWO Super Bowl MVPs is FAR more gratifying than winning one himself. What are the odds that 2 brothers would win Super Bowls back to back? Bad use of words. Maybe you were misquoted or misunderstood, but you did miss the boat with this post buddy.

You must not have kids.

Hawgz4Life

No, he's got three....he said so earlier...RMPL.

HatfieldHog

Archie has been a "huge" part of his boys lives.  He has helped coach them and advise them, I can guarentee you that he is feeling "fullfilled" in his son's careers. 

All of us look behind from time to time, but I will say that his boy's careers have brought him more joy than his career brought him pain.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

PorkCheops

As a Saints fan, I feel sick as crap that the Manning boys have won Super Bowls but their father never did.  Archie, I am sure, is simply proud for his boys.

"The problem is not only to win souls but to save minds. If you win the whole world and lose the mind of the world, you will soon discover that you have not won the world. Indeed it may turn out that you have actually lost the world."  Charles Malik

DeltaBoy

Nope as a Father Archie is proud as a peacock today.  He never got a chance on a good enough team to even sniff a SB yet his 2 sons have one the SB back to back.    Archie is struting around like a Bantee Rooster in a new hen yard today.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

chazicon

Quote from: Cooper on February 04, 2008, 02:12:12 am
Look for Archie to come out of retirement next year to go for the Manning three-peat.
That would make a great New Manning commercial wouldn't it. Archies comeback with the Saints!

Throwback1

The irony, and the old guys will remember this, I"m not sure Archie wasn't really the most talented Manning of all.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

Special Delivery Jones

Just make sure that when those 3 children surpass anything you have done in life kinghog1 make sure you let them know you are sick as can be because it is not you that is being the great success. 

Bad_Intentions

I doubt Archie is "sick" about either one of his boys winning a super bowl ring. As a father, you want your children to achieve greater things than you. Archie Manning is probably the happiest and most proud father on earth right now.
WPS!!

seawolf93

all i know is that the price of their QB camp just went up about 1000%...

as the father of UA's starting QB in 2025, I know I won't give a crap about anything he does better than I ever did... I'll be sitting up in the stands saying "that's my boy, right there" until people get sick of hearing it.  Then I'm going to say it again.

lyon98

Archie has company. Cutcliffe has coached two Super Bowl winning QBs and has never won one. I'm suprised that none of the articles in the papers or on here have not mentioned Cutcliffe.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

Swinehart

I bet his life is so full that he doesn't dwell on the past.  He knows he did his best while he was a Saint.

I 'm sure he is a very proud father - who wouldn't be?

In a recent TV interview, Archie may have been joking but when ask which one of his son's was his favorite, he said Cooper was because he was the only one that had produced GRANDSONS!

AlphaBoar

If Archie had won a Super Bowl, he would have traded it away in an instant for his sons to win one.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Kinghog1 on February 03, 2008, 11:59:38 pm

I doubt that thought ever crossed his mind. He's simply the proudest papa on the planet right about now.
Go away, batin'

socalhogcaller

Archie who?

Had to say it...

PigPusher

Are you a father?  Don't ask questions like you are.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

benbrown

TheGunther

The only thing that makes me sick is the grammar in this thread!
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

theknighton

Btw, Archie gets so worked up at games that he usually is sick to his stomach watching his sons. If you watched the Packers game, you'd have saw that. He didn't go to the superbowl because he didn't think he could have handled the emotional rollercoaster two years in a row. Peyton was there as you all saw. Now, who wants to wager Peyton was happier for Eli than himself last year? I'd put money on that.