Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aundre Dean

Started by Tomhog™, January 31, 2008, 01:07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Has eliminated the Razorback from all I've heard.  He's evidently down to UCLA and Louisville.  Even shunned last minute approach by Texas.

Too bad...

felixfan

darn, i was hoping he be a hog!  oh well we dont want ppl who dont want to be hogs lol!

SquidBilly

UCLA kinda makes sense but picking Louisville over us makes no sense at all.

The_Hill

That sucks, but we have more important people that I would like to see in a hog uniform
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

bobcat ball

Why would anyone want to go play for Louisvlle over Arkansas I could see the attraction to UCLA which is where he will likely end up but not Louisville, especially if the cold weather bothers him that much.
WOO PIG

The Boar War

Dean wanted to go to a large city.  Louisville has 700,000 + and we know how big LA is.  Like it or not we're going to face this kind of problem when we go after kids from big cities.

Maybe this opens the door for Staley and it might be the reason for his perceived recent lean towards Arkansas.

Oliver

Quote from: felixfan on January 31, 2008, 01:09:14 pm
darn, i was hoping he be a hog!  oh well we dont want ppl who dont want to be hogs lol!

I don't want a running back that is afraid of 40 degree weather.

PiggyBack

It's been said a thousand times on here but I love our new coaching staff's aggressiveness in all aspects of their jobs including recruiting!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Demaghog

Found this on TexAgs:
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1076551&forum_id=9
Well boys and girls believe it or not I just talked to Aundre Dean on the phone from my brother's office in Katy (my brother is his orthodontist)...asked him what his plans were on signing day ....going to UCLA...bummer...I wished him all the success in his career and said I wished I could have seen him wearing Maroon & White in a tandem backfield with Cyrus Gray...he replied " so would have a thousand other folks and that would have been cool but he wanted to be in Southern Cal...he is a really nice and respectful kid and would have been a good fit for the Ags...well we tried...

PorkSoda

Quote from: PiggyBack on January 31, 2008, 01:33:30 pm
It's been said a thousand times on here but I love our new coaching staff's aggressiveness in all aspects of their jobs including recruiting!
I agree, even if he doesn't win the battles for major prospects this year, he is showing everyone one he won't back down from a fight.  I have a feeling the next couple years, we will start to see results from his aggressive recruiting. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

want2be

Now, just go after Staley harder

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 31, 2008, 01:09:20 pm
UCLA kinda makes sense but picking Louisville over us makes no sense at all.

Louisville has around 600,000 people so those small airport/ small town comments might have had rational after all.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Nunya Bidness

InHogWeTrust

Has Curtis decommited?  Why are we suddenly so worried about HBs?

TMc

Nothing ventured... nothing gained..

upperdeck_hawg

i'll take curtis/staley...an arkansas/ok duo at rb worked pretty well last time
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

3kgthog

Come to Arkansas = be a little cold for 3-4 months out of the year and have girls with real boobs and real blonde hair.

Go to UCLA = get a headstart on lung cancer because of the smog and have girls with fake boobs and no sexy southern accent.

Tough choice.

Kilgor

Quote from: InHogWeTrust on January 31, 2008, 03:07:44 pm
Has Curtis decommited?  Why are we suddenly so worried about HBs?

Because Dean is a top flite back.  Curtis is good too, but he is also considering Ole Miss and Okie State.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

YIKES

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 31, 2008, 03:33:49 pm
Come to Arkansas = be a little cold for 3-4 months out of the year and have girls with real boobs and real blonde hair.

Go to UCLA = get a headstart on lung cancer because of the smog and have girls with fake boobs and no sexy southern accent.

fake or real, who cares?

Tough choice.
"When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you." Nietzsche

press ham

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 31, 2008, 01:28:24 pm

yep. i hope he knows its cold in kentucky too.

Torqued pork

UCLA = apathetic fan base in a big city that barely notices UCLA football.

Louisville= playing in the Big Least at a basketball school.

Enjoy yourself Aundre.

Torqued pork

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on January 31, 2008, 04:51:27 pm
Didn't you read Tom's #1 rule regarding regarding??  Don't bash the recruits.  All you hear are sound bites.  Let the chips fall where they may but don't go acting all sour. Please....
That wasn't sour grapes, it's just the truth. Personally, I wish Dean the best unless he's playing against the Hogs.

longtimeHogfan

....and I would not completely  give up on BP's ability to flip Aundre at the last minute.  I don't have anything to base that on but a hunch and a hope. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Shizzle

I was hoping we could land this kid, but I am excited about the RB class we have already. I hope he picks UCLA, I hope he scores 15 TD's the next 4 years against the all mighty Trojans.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

James H

It's just refreshing to see kids take a real look in our direction, I think things are going to turn out real nice in the recruiting area during bp's tenure.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 31, 2008, 02:20:41 pm
Louisville has around 600,000 people so those small airport/ small town comments might have had rational after all.

Hang on a second, Louisville might be a decent sized town but they don't have a huge airport. It's been a year or two since I flew in and out but it seems like 20 or so gates. It ain't huge. As for the town, as I mentioned, it is a decent size but it doesn't have much going on outside of the Kentucky Derby and a few events that bring large groups to town. It ain't the stopping off point of the world!
Fear the Tusks!

BERLY_HOGMAN

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 31, 2008, 01:07:57 pm
Has eliminated the Razorback from all I've heard.  He's evidently down to UCLA and Louisville.  Even shunned last minute approach by Texas.

Too bad...

Nehweasel is stealing a good one with this recruit. Nehweasel's pro-thug approach will win over many a recruit. I wish Dean all the best, however, my kid would never play for Nehweasel after his issues at Washington... very bad stuff... I guess the past is the past... maybe a little sour grapes mixed in too...

VenturaHog

UCLA is my 2nd fav team after Arkansas so I'm happy for them. I think the balance of power is shifting in the pac 10 as well as the SEC, I hope Neuhisel can unseat USC soon and get the Bruins to a Rose Bowl.

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: Oliver Miller on January 31, 2008, 01:28:24 pm
A running back afraid of cold weather is a seriously handicapped individual in his proffession. I wonder if he saw the packers and giants NFL playoff game.
What a puss

Jeffcphog

Quote from: VenturaHog on February 01, 2008, 04:52:34 am
UCLA is my 2nd fav team after Arkansas so I'm happy for them. I think the balance of power is shifting in the pac 10 as well as the SEC, I hope Neuhisel can unseat USC soon and get the Bruins to a Rose Bowl.

I don't have a 2nd favorite team.  If you are not a Razorback you are the enemy.