KYE STALEY'S NEWEST INTERVIEW..... 1-31

Started by jaredkr, January 31, 2008, 11:57:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredkr

From a Guthrie High School basketball game Tuesday night.... here is the link

http://www.guthriesportspage.mypodcast.com/
I am Ray Finkel

HOGSWEAT

We had better not screw this up... That interview made it sound like he might come to Arkansas

fu-man-soo

The_Hill

Sounds good for us...
the reporter at one point asks him if feels any pressure to honor his verbal to Ok State...
his response "mmmm nope not really"
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

irishman

Yeah, I've got no sound. I don't know what he said

dclay89

HOGSWEAT

It's obvious where the announcers wanted him to go, lol

fu-man-soo

Hogginitall

We want a transcript!  I can't see the video...

dclay89

Quote from: AR Taco04 on January 31, 2008, 12:11:18 pm
It's obvious where the announcers wanted him to go, lol

haha no doubt.. they even made fun of WPS! WTH?

want2be

Well spoken young man...he said he doesn't feel obligated to Ok State afer committing to them in August and he doesn't care about the pressure of locals wanting him to go to Ok State.

Looks like it will be down to the wire !

HOGSWEAT

They asked him if it mattered where Curtis went and he said it wouldnt effect his decision at all.

FBPLAYER65

I know we are recruiting him at RB but I would love to see him at SS.

The_Hill

They did ask him if he thought "Woo pig sooie" was annoying and whether he would get sick of it, that kinda pisses me off
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Swino

January 31, 2008, 12:22:33 pm #15 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:36:46 pm by Swino
Quote from: The_Hill on January 31, 2008, 12:19:49 pm
They did ask him if he thought "Woo pig sooie" was annoying and whether he would get sick of it, that kinda pisses me off

What the hell is OSU's chant/call?? 

Is it baaaaaahhhhh or moooooooooooooo? 

Maybe it is a gunshot... which is the last sound  a person in stillwater makes when they realize that they are living in STILLWATER.

arklahoman36

I still expect Staley to sign with OSU, unless Curtis was to go there.

LR Hog

Good find and a good kid.  I hope he and De'Anthony Curtis choose Arkansas.
Like a boss.

warchalker1

Oklahawg

Quote from: Swino on January 31, 2008, 12:22:33 pm

Maybe it is a gunshot... which is the last sound made by a person in stillwater realizes that they are STILLWATER.

...ah zhitck...
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SquidBilly

It's annoying if your an opponent but I can also tell you being a Hog fan that being in Auburn and hearing them do the War eagle before every kickoff gets annoying as well.  Our cheers aren't for the benefit of the opposing fans so I hope we have so many reasons to Call the Hogs next year that opposing fans never want to come back to RRS.

OKhogfan1959

They sure ain't no Hogfans around there. He will be hard to pull from OSU.

rihog

To m e it sounds like he is leaning towards Arkansas
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

football-writer

Quote from: Swino on January 31, 2008, 12:22:33 pm

Nah.  That's their mating call
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

rihog

When asked about the signing of a JUCO All American RB and if his signing affected his decision:
Kye: Because they only have two other running backs there, and if he goes down, they'll have to find someone to step up.

When asked about the possibility of DeAnthony Curtis committing to Arkansas: (Thought he was already committed:)
Kye: I know that guy and he's a really cool person, I personally think he is going to choose Arkansas, but that is not going to affect my decision at all.

rihog

Asked him 3 or 4 times if he feels any pressure to commit to OSU.

Each time Kye tells him no, or not really. There isn't any pressure on me from local people.

When asked about the local pressure to commit to OSU.

He said something along the lines of: I can't do whatevery one wants me to do, I have to do what is best for me. Everyone else will have to live with that.

regi

Staley said he knows Curtis and he thinks Curtis is going to UA. I think both go to UA. Guthrie, Curtis, and Wright will give UA some serious game breaking type athletes.

Hogginitall

Quote from: rihog on January 31, 2008, 01:58:52 pm
Asked him 3 or 4 times if he feels any pressure to commit to OSU.

Each time Kye tells him no, or not really. There isn't any pressure on me from local people.

When asked about the local pressure to commit to OSU.

He said something along the lines of: I can't do whatevery one wants me to do, I have to do what is best for me. Everyone else will have to live with that.

Thanks a lot.  He sounds like an intelligent young man.  He understands that his decision is just that, his decision.  He's not going to let pressure from a certain person, or group of people sway his decision.

I sure hope he ends up a HOG!  He, Curtis, and Johnson (if he qualifies) will be a GREAT GROUP of RBs.

Hogginitall

Quote from: regi on January 31, 2008, 02:08:50 pm
Staley said he knows Curtis and he thinks Curtis is going to UA. I think both go to UA. Guthrie, Curtis, and Wright will give UA some serious game breaking type athletes.

Who's Guthrie?

southwesthog

kye staley's from guthrie oklahoma i think, he got it mixed up

Hogginitall

Quote from: southwesthog on January 31, 2008, 02:20:06 pm
kye staley's from guthrie oklahoma i think, he got it mixed up

Maybe if he comes here, that'll be his nickname.  :)

Hog_of_the_HILL

He's that other great running back we're recruiting :)
It was worth the wait

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: arklahoman36 on January 31, 2008, 12:26:02 pm
I still expect Staley to sign with OSU, unless Curtis was to go there.

I agree.  The other thing is if Curtis is still sniffing around at OSU or OM, I would be concerned that if we did get Staley or even Dean (I doubt), then that would very possibly push Curtis to one of those schools.  I just don't see getting both Curtis and Staley...JMO
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

OnYourToes

Great find, thanks.

He sounds like a young man that is taking his time selecting his decision.
He sounds like he's ready to pick and tired of the recruiting process.

He said that he may call a press conference with 2 hats ont he table, after being lead by the interviewer to say so.

He did say he could get used to Woo Pig Sooie
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

AnthroHog

I liked it when he was asked about being the Oklahoma offensive player of the year and being state champs would he be worried about upsetting people in Oklahoma by going to Arkansas and he answered it was his choice. 

With Dean informing Arkansas coaches that he's eliminated us, I'm sure the heat is going to be turned up to land Staley.  Anyone know of if we have an in-home with him left?

HoopS

One thing that makes me nervous is OSU's coach is a man.  He's 40.

cardinalhawg

Staley and Curtis should not be turned off from going to the U of A, just because the other is.  There is going to be challenges for each guy regardless of the school is Arkansas, Ole Miss, or Oklahoma State.  Ole Miss has a few RB commits already, and it sounds like Oklahoma State has gotten them a juco.

RustyNuts

DeltaBoy

January 31, 2008, 04:17:49 pm #39 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:19:21 pm by DeltaBoy
He sounds good and sounds like he is coming here!

when asked Are you feeling  pressured to keep your verbal to OSU he said NO!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

geddie

This is beginning to remind me of our recruiting situation 3 years ago.  McFadden had committed to us early as a very high ranked athlete.  The last couple of weeks leading up to signing day, possibly days, we were able to sway Jones - another Okie.  I think it worked out great for those two.  I think it would work out great for Curtis and Staley as well...I think Dennis Johnson and Khiry Battle end up making names for themselves on the defensive side of the ball. IMO

Go Hogs!

DeltaBoy

Shoot those sports casters took a cheap shot at our Hog Call! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I really hope an pray he comes here now!  :)
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Philip Seaton

I loved the crowd chant from the Oklahoma/OSU game the other night..."OSUcks!" over and over...it sounded great on TV.

killamon

he also sounded kinda annoyed that the reporter made fun of the Hog call...Staley says  in a serious tone of voice " If I go to Arkansas, I can get use to it."

IronHog

Quote from: jaredkr on January 31, 2008, 11:57:58 am
From a Guthrie High School basketball game Tuesday night.... here is the link

http://www.guthriesportspage.mypodcast.com/

Now you see why every recruiting "guru" makes it sound like a kid is coming to their school.  He sounded annoyed with the interviewers.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

COCHISE

After hearing this interview I also believe he is leaning towards Arkansas.  If you're currently committed to Okie St., why wait until NSD to make your final decision?........maybe because you're planning on leaving the state and go to Arkansas and don't want to have to listen to everybody's crap for the next week.

jet

IMHO it sounds like at the very end of the interview that he really wants to call the hogs for 4-5 years.. He seemed like he really had a good vibe for the program. I honestly think he will commit and be a big difference maker in a hurry..
"I got that wood! And that's how you pronounce it! It's not Ar-Kan, it's ARKANSAS baby!" - Darren McFadden

arklahoman36

Don't be surprised when he commits to OSU.

VenturaHog

If he comes here it means we're losing D. Curtis most likely. I doubt he is coming here.