Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaron Boyd says "It'll be a family decision"

Started by tendu, January 30, 2008, 09:17:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tendu

RickyRoma

Not a real positive statement for us...Sounds like we're a solid third.

razorbrass

If I were him I would make Ryan Mallett a member of my family.

Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Hawgvillain

Amityvillehogger

Your family won't be playing and staying in the dorms.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

VenturaHog

Oh well, WR isn't really a need area anyway, would love it if he chose us though.

back2back

A game changing WR is always a need on any team. A good WR can open up the entire field. I don't think anyone knows if he could be that kind of player but he wouldn't hurt any at all.
FTS = Feed the Studs

johnfanman

Quit staring at me with your one eye...it's freaking me out man!
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

tendu

FBPLAYER65

Have you seen how crappy our wideouts have been? WR is a huge need.

bobcat ball

Why does everyone think he will not pick us just because he said it is a family decision I would think besides playing for Kentucky we would has close to home as the rest especially Oregon if that is what it come down to and the facilities should not be an issue becuase Arkansas has some of the nicest if not the nicest facilities in the entire country.  I hope he chooses U of A but we will just have to wait and see stranger things have happened, like we actually have a coach now. 
WOO PIG

wholehog92

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on January 31, 2008, 11:28:42 am

And with all that coaching and gameplanning and practice time devoted to passing, it must be the talent on campus that is the issue.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The real Hogules

It's not the quality of the players, it was the coaching they were getting.

I have total faith in the players at the WR position that are presently on the team and that includes London Crawford, as well as several others.

Wait and see the difference expecting to catch the football makes for these kids and the coaching the will receive, as opposed to them going into each and every game KNOWING they are little more than a freaking decoy or down field blocker.

It would be nice to sign a Arron Boyd or Joe Adams, but if they decide to go elsewhere then we'll be just fine. Additionally, next year our state and the surrounding states have an unusually high number of skilled players and with a year to get his offense in place and Ryan Mallett coming off his transfer year on the bench WR's will be beating down our door to play for Bobby Petrino and with Mallett!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogginitall

Quote from: wholehog92 on January 31, 2008, 11:35:03 am
And with all that coaching and gameplanning and practice time devoted to passing, it must be the talent on campus that is the issue.

I agree.  We have some good wideouts on campus already (Crosby Tuck, London Crawford, Rod Coleman, Carlton Salters, Marques Wade, Lucas Miller)....and we're getting a few good ones in Cruz Williams, Chris Gragg, Jarious Wright, etc.  I think the play of our WRs will surprise some people this year (including Hog fans that think we don't have any talent on campus at that position).

pedrothelion

I've yet see how crappy our wideouts are as they haven't been involved in the offense.

Poker_hog

Quote from: pedrothelion on January 31, 2008, 11:45:29 am
I've yet see how crappy our wideouts are as they haven't been involved in the offense.
Our most experienced returning receiver is 4 foot 9 and not especially fast.  I think its safe to say we need a lot of help at WR if we are to excel in a Louisville type offence.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hogginitall

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 31, 2008, 12:00:03 pm
Our most experienced returning receiver is 4 foot 9 and not especially fast.  I think its safe to say we need a lot of help at WR if we are to excel in a Louisville type offence.

The point is that we have TALENTED WRs on campus.  Who cares if they have experience in Nutt's offense, or not?  It's probably better that most of them don't.

LM RZRBCK 29

True, but we have a lot of unproven talent on the roster. None of the recievers have hardly been able to play because of TCTWF. I think we will be in for a treat come fall.
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

OTTER

What we had here was a failure to properly coach the wideouts!  We have talent but those guys have spent too much time blocking and not enough time on a passing game plan.  2008 will be a coming out year for the wideouts!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

presidentMPJ

Bobby Petrino was talking to Mallett last weekend in the computer lab. He said the WR from Kentucky is an "uphill battle for us I think"

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Hogginitall on January 31, 2008, 11:43:36 am
I agree.  We have some good wideouts on campus already (Crosby Tuck, London Crawford, Rod Coleman, Carlton Salters, Marques Wade, Lucas Miller)....and we're getting a few good ones in Cruz Williams, Chris Gragg, Jarious Wright, etc.  I think the play of our WRs will surprise some people this year (including Hog fans that think we don't have any talent on campus at that position).

Actually getting to practice catching passes in practice will help a bunch. There is some talent in those guys. Salters and Wade are tall and fast, interesting to see how they look. J Wright and Cruz should have an immeditate impact. Can't wait to see some speed and quickness at wideout.

jackflash

I got to believe the WR we have on campus know they now will at least have a chance. If you were playing last season for Nutt, what would you think? Petrino brother was the one the Falcons hated to lose. The biggest improvement I think will come from Crawford, Tuck or Coleman. All are fast enough to stretch the field.