Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saban hires new OC at Alabama

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 30, 2008, 02:08:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PulledPork

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN! Just when I was getting used to the fact that Fresno St was recovering from their down yr, CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

Pulled In!

FATBACKHAWG

I just hope he keeps them at a mediocre level

spudhog

fresno ran a pretty balanced attack. not afraid to throw for 300 or run for 250. should be a nice fit in the sec.

PulledPork

believe me, Pat Hill knows how to move his coaches up to the next level.  This hire will come back to hurt the secw, mark it down.

Pulled In!

Bigfoot

Quote from: PulledPork on January 30, 2008, 04:38:57 pm
believe me, Pat Hill knows how to move his coaches up to the next level.  This hire will come back to hurt the secw, mark it down.

Pulled In!
So will the Petrino hire! Mark it down!

TheRazorbackGuy

DeltaBoy

It sounds like the SEC WEST just got a lot tougher!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

upperdeck_hawg

saban is a good coach, but he will never have the atheletes he had at LSU. even miles can win a NC with those kind of players.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hawgfandude

Saban will run him off just like he did the Major.

PulledPork

Quote from: bigfoot on January 30, 2008, 04:40:07 pm
So will the Petrino hire! Mark it down!
are you insinuating I said he wouldn't. I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Satan's latest hire.......my bad.

Pulled In!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgfandude on January 30, 2008, 05:06:25 pm
Saban will run him off just like he did the Major.

I am not sure he ran him off. Applewhite had a chance to become the Asst HC at his alma mater, Texas, at a position that implies he was not exactly desperate for a way out of Bama. If so, we all need to be run off to a better job with more pay and greater responsibilities.
Go Hogs Go!

tophawg19

sabans new coach will mean a better bama offense . the league keeps improving .next we will hear the new england patriots have replaced vandy .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bama Possum

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 30, 2008, 04:49:45 pm
saban is a good coach, but he will never have the atheletes he had at LSU. even miles can win a NC with those kind of players.

That's just a ridiculous statement. Those athletes are coming to Bama NOW. Take a look at the recruiting boards. Until the probation classes of 2002-2005, Alabama has never had a problem getting quality athletes. 2007 was a top 10 class, 2008 looks to be top 3. If you build it, they will come.