Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt and Ole Miss lose another star commitment....

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 29, 2008, 09:32:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

This time, they lose him to Tennessee.  The kid is even from Mississippi.  Nutt still can't close the deal when top programs challenge him in recruiting. It's like Nutt just caves in and backs off if he gets recruiting competition from a school like Tenn.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/jan/29/star-lb-changes-mind-will-be-a-vol/
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

geddie

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 29, 2008, 09:32:29 am
This time, they lose him to Tennessee.  The kid is even from Mississippi.  Nutt still can't close the deal when top programs challenge him in recruiting. It's like Nutt just caves in and backs off if he gets recruiting competition from a school like Tenn.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/jan/29/star-lb-changes-mind-will-be-a-vol/

Sounds all to familiar from years' past

Kilgor

And Tennessee if having a poor recruiting year too...  Their class is in the 50's on scout and the 30's on rivals.  That has to piss off some Tennessee alums.  Fulmer will probably be gone soon and he's still beating Nutt who has all the momentum of a new coach with a fresh start.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Dropkick

Nutt lost a homestate stud to Tennessee? Unbelievable! HeHeHe. Ole Miss fans better get used to this.

Hoggish1

The kid might consider taking one more visit before signing day.  Putting his hand down on the turf at RRS could be even more historic.

Houston h

Ole Miss also lost their expected back-up quarterback Jared Foster, a juco transfer who was arrested on Monday for selling steriods.  Karma anyone?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Houston h on January 29, 2008, 09:38:53 am
Ole Miss also lost their expected back-up quarterback Jared Foster, a juco transfer who was arrested on Monday for selling steriods.  Karma anyone?
Wow. Had not heard or read that. Let me guess about his replacement: walk-on or intramural QB? Nutt never keeps more than 1 playable scholarship QB.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

razorbass

He's to busy trying to get Arkansas Kids, he needs to worry about his NEW BACKYARD!!!! 8)

Dropkick

Houston h

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 29, 2008, 09:41:44 am
Wow. Had not heard or read that. Let me guess about his replacement: walk-on or intramural QB? Nutt never keeps more than 1 playable scholarship QB.

It's on the 2nd page of the sports section this morning in the Commercial Appeal here in Memphis. 

craftyhog

Can't believe Nutt didn't just make him run some bleachers. I still say the way he handled Harrison doomed our season. Bad bad karma.

sihog

Move on he is gone now.
GO HOGS GO

frankwilliams

Wow, we are still on this? When do we move on. We have a new coach now. Nutt's not our problem anymore.

Kilgor

Quote from: sihog on January 29, 2008, 10:02:37 am
Move on he is gone now.

You move on.  If you are tired of it don't click the darned thread.  You knew what it was about from the title.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Dropkick

cityhog

I personally enjoy hearing about the foibles of our former dork of a head coach.  Just re-affirms how happy I am that he is OM's precious, special coach now.

OLDHOG

Let's not laugh too hard, it could happen to us. Be humble.

Dropkick

We will lose some kids we thought we had too. The difference now is we will get some kids we didn't think we could get before.

OLDHOG

dougieritch

Quote from: cityhog on January 29, 2008, 10:37:46 am
I personally enjoy hearing about the foibles of our former dork of a head coach.  Just re-affirms how happy I am that he is OM's precious, special coach now.

I agree 100%...Ole Nutty's class is crazy...he has 15 (2-Star Recruits) & 11 (3-Star Recruits).  I'm sure a few of these kids will turn out to be alright but damn, he's already use all 25 scholarships (30 total). 
Maybe Nutty figures if you have one 2-Star Recruit and one 3-Star Recruit, together they add up to a 5-Star Recruit!  HA!

Boar_ing

The other day it showed 30 commits to Ole Piss...  Sounds like some of the promises made with these recruits will be dropped.  He is obviously trying to lock in two stars while trying to bring in the three and four star guys. 

At least Petrino contacts Ukwu and tells him what the deal is before the 11th hour.  Again, class act versus used car salesman.

Mick Hogger

Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

fu-man-soo

dont you know he is about to turn the heat up on tenarious wright

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: sihog on January 29, 2008, 10:02:37 am
Move on he is gone now.
You are right ...HE IS GONE...Thank the lord.
But like most of us on here nothing tickles us more than to see the moron fall flat on his face since the media painted the fans as the bad guy throughout the whole nutt mess. We the fans of Arkansas knew better.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 29, 2008, 09:41:44 am

Nutt's offense doesn't require a QB at all.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

havok

Quote from: Kilgor on January 29, 2008, 10:23:06 am
You move on.  If you are tired of it don't click the darned thread.  You knew what it was about from the title.

That's what I say...

The Dork and his loser family and friends held our program hostage, and tried to shatter the fan base in their 10 years here.  To me, it's personal.  The Hawgs belong to us fans, but this Camelot-Nutt family thought it belonged to them..and didn't care about the fans and thought they were above everyone else.

It is only over, when the Dork is unemployed, and is seething in the misery he and his horrid Springer Show like family and friends caused themselves.

Gas Can

Quote from: Kilgor on January 29, 2008, 10:23:06 am

Agreed

+1

kimjongsqUeAl

That kid said he had "tears in my eyes' when he walked in Neylan Stadium.  I bet he had "tears in his eyes" when he saw that crap heap of stadium called Vaught-Hemmingway too.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

HOGINTENNESSEE

ark-rebsfan

He is actually from tennessee, then moved to olive brance, ms right before his senior year...so techniquely, he's a tn guy.

Dropkick

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on January 29, 2008, 12:18:45 pm
He is actually from tennessee, then moved to olive brance, ms right before his senior year...so techniquely, he's a tn guy.
If he lives in Olive branch he's "technically" a Mississippi guy. Maybe a Tn guy at heart.

Big Daddy

AnthroHog

Quote from: ark-rebsfan on January 29, 2008, 12:18:45 pm

He was one of the highest rated players in Ole Miss's class.  Did Tennessee just offer because he's now their third 4 star prospect according to Rivals?  I figure Fulmer would've pursued a guy that highly rated that had just moved out of the state before his Senior year.

ark-rebsfan

it really doesn't matter anyways...he may visit ole miss this weekend or he may not....i  could careless. i say if he wants to be a UT, then let him go

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: AnthroHog on January 29, 2008, 12:31:23 pm
He was one of the highest rated players in Ole Miss's class.  Did Tennessee just offer because he's now their third 4 star prospect according to Rivals?  I figure Fulmer would've pursued a guy that highly rated that had just moved out of the state before his Senior year.
i think fulmer is more of an out of state recruiter...he doesn't really recruit tn that hard. i'm pretty sure that he did recruit him before he moved though.

bcshog

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on January 29, 2008, 12:02:30 pm
That kid said he had "tears in my eyes' when he walked in Neylan Stadium.  I bet he had "tears in his eyes" when he saw that crap heap of stadium called Vaught-Hemmingway too.
Or it could have been all of the cannabis smoke around the joint that just burned his eyes...Smoke hit him so fast it just messed him up!

Dropkick

It has always amazed me how Fulmer could impress anyone.

Razorvet

Well if his personality dont get it done that ring prolly helps. Dont worry boys it wont be long for us.

toozakpig

I believe that the reason hooten is still relative to a certain extent is how much grief was given to us "dark-siders", by the media as well as hooten. his actions at Ole Miss justifies and will prove out that getting rid of him was in the best interest of everyone. Now the rest of the country can see for themselves that we are not "rabid" fans, hootens actions will prove us correct.

Dropkick

ark-rebsfan,

Are you happy with Nutt as the new HC? I just wondered what the general feeling is among Reb fans.

Razorvet

HDNAnology.
If I dumped my Ex. bc she was a crazy backstabbing slob I would be ready to move on BC I dumped her right? OK.
Now what if she moved in with my hated next door neighbor and I had to watch out the window every night to make sure she isnt keying the truck or sugaring the gas tank? Can I move on? NO. HDN had this very thing in mind when he moved into Oxford. If you dont believe it then why did he stop recuiting rivals 100 players to come her and try to steal a bunch of two and three stars? Just to put a little sugar in the tank. He prolly wont even give them schollies.

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: Dropkick on January 29, 2008, 12:47:59 pm
ark-rebsfan,

Are you happy with Nutt as the new HC? I just wondered what the general feeling is among Reb fans.
we are very happy that he is our coach....especially after Coach O....i mean does it get much worse than that?
but yeah....it's recruiting season now, we will see how he does on the field and then ask me again and maybe i can give you a better explanation.

ark-rebsfan

Quote from: Razorvet on January 29, 2008, 12:51:56 pm
HDNAnology.
If I dumped my Ex. bc she was a crazy backstabbing slob I would be ready to move on BC I dumped her right? OK.
Now what if she moved in with my hated next door neighbor and I had to watch out the window every night to make sure she isnt keying the truck or sugaring the gas tank? Can I move on? NO. HDN had this very thing in mind when he moved into Oxford. If you dont believe it then why did he stop recuiting rivals 100 players to come her and try to steal a bunch of two and three stars? Just to put a little sugar in the tank. He prolly wont even give them schollies.
i understand what you're saying, but Nutt moved here in late Nov. so he hasn't really had an opportunity to build a lot of relationships, so i think he tries to go after kids that he knows and has known for a while. He may or may not be trying to get back at Arkansas, but I think he is just trying to pull in guys that he has evaluated thoroughy and has a relationship with before he came here.

It's up to the kids if they want to come here or not, Nutt can't make that decision for them so don't dog Nutt for trying to pull in kids that he wants.  These kids do have the right to say that they are not interested.

regi

MuskogeeHogFan

This is a wise young man. Did you read what he said? "Nothing against the coaching staff, but I am the one who has to be here for four years". Smart kid. He will probably do well at Tennessee.
Go Hogs Go!

idochog

I love see NUTT fall on his face for a variety of reasons but it will be fun taunting OTIS when he does b/c of all the bullshat OTIS has spewed about nutt these last 10 years
I love Jesus!

PigTimePlayer

Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

3kgthog

I'll say it again. Nutt has completely neglected the recruits Ole Miss had committed as well as the ones they were chasing. He has spent 99% of his time trying to sway Arkansas commitments and Arkansas kids. I'm actually surprised that half their class hasn't bolted already simply because they've been ignored.

Ramble on Barbershop

i believe nutt will be recruiter of the year. ( of the 2 stars)
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Jdub

Quote from: bcshog on January 29, 2008, 12:37:22 pm
Or it could have been all of the cannabis smoke around the joint that just burned his eyes...Smoke hit him so fast it just messed him up!

LMAO

+1