Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aundre Dean Info

Started by LAHOGG, January 28, 2008, 12:18:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LAHOGG

I assume this is public knowledge now sense one of the Bruin fans posted it on a public board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=12#s=12&f=1738&t=1928088

jgphillips3

Good info.  What I really like about the story is that, as great as the trip went, he didn't re-commit.  He still says he is considering three schools (mainly).  To be honest, with A&M out of the picture (sort of), I REALLY like our chances.  Especially when mom & pop start talking about getting to see him play at Arkansas versus almost never out there.  We already have a game with Texas in 2009, the possibility of the Texas A&M game in Dallas and the Western Division SEC schools aren't too bad a haul from Houston.  I am feeling better about this one.

LAHOGG

Its us, UCLA, and LU.  I can't possibly see him going to Louisville after the season they had.  I could be wrong but I think its down to us and UCLA.

PigTimePlayer

That sounded pretty good, especially for a guy who had at one time made a commitment to UCLA.  We definitely still have a good shot at him, from the way that read.  I would expect it to be between us and UCLA . . . distance from home is definitely in our favor.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

LAHOGG

I would think the chance to play Texas and A&M would tip him in our direction.

shshark00

According to poster #69, under the education tab of his facebook page says UCLA class of 2012. Could have put that there back when he committed, but you never know.

Demaghog

Wow, I thought we were out of the running for this guy. 

Looks like its between us and UCLA.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: shshark00 on January 28, 2008, 12:30:13 am
According to poster #69, under the education tab of his facebook page says UCLA class of 2012. Could have put that there back when he committed, but you never know.

Well if you want to go the facebook route, D'Anthony Curtis has been listed in the Knoxville, TN network for 2 years now.  So, I wouldn't put too much thought into what you seen on facebook. ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Demaghog on January 28, 2008, 12:30:21 am
Wow, I thought we were out of the running for this guy. 

Looks like its between us and UCLA.

I hope your right If it is between Arkansas and UCLA i like our chances much closer to home than LA i think that will win out in the end.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

enl35794

Quote from: shshark00 on January 28, 2008, 12:30:13 am

If you're going to facebook for your recruiting info, you're really struggling. First off, there's always the chance that it is not actually him. Then, maybe it is him and he put it on there a long time ago. Regardless, this is incredibly stupid to use as any sort of info. If he goes to UCLA, he goes to UCLA. But, there is nothing on facebook to show evidence of where he's committing to.
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

VenturaHog

Quote from: enl35794 on January 28, 2008, 04:11:23 am
If you're going to facebook for your recruiting info, you're really struggling. First off, there's always the chance that it is not actually him. Then, maybe it is him and he put it on there a long time ago. Regardless, this is incredibly stupid to use as any sort of info. If he goes to UCLA, he goes to UCLA. But, there is nothing on facebook to show evidence of where he's committing to.

B. Green had said on facebook he would commit to USC before he did last season. These things are right sometimes.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: enl35794 on January 28, 2008, 04:11:23 am

facebook is not myspace. to join a college network, you have to have an email from that college. If he joined the UCLA network he has a UCLA email address.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

SPAL

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 28, 2008, 12:52:20 pm
facebook is not myspace. to join a college network, you have to have an email from that college. If he joined the UCLA network he has a UCLA email address.

true statment....which proves just the opposite of where u are goin with this. (I think). He wouldnt have a school email until he enrolls at said school, therefore, he cant sign up for UCLA without the email. UCLA HAS NOT issued a high school senior a school email addy. This proves that it is more than likely someone who does have a UCLA email account pretending to be him. If he joined the Los Angeles regional network, it might be him or it might not, but if he has a school network he must have the email to go with it to verify he is a student there.

trphog

Not to put down a Benton Brother there Cliffy, but you don't have to have a college email account to join facebook. You can do it whil still in High School

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: trphog on January 28, 2008, 01:00:11 pm
Not to put down a Benton Brother there Cliffy, but you don't have to have a college email account to join facebook. You can do it whil still in High School

true but my girlfriend had a network facebook, but to join a COLLEGE network you need a school email address. Oh and yes they do issue your email while you are still a senior in high school. I got mine shortly after being accepted. However the whole report is false because the only network listed under aundre dean is Katy High School.
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Bogustus

the report on here said he listed UCLA 2012 under education tab.  It didn't say he had joined the network did it?  Either way, I don't think it means anything.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Wolf on January 28, 2008, 01:05:03 pm
the report on here said he listed UCLA 2012 under education tab.  It didn't say he had joined the network did it?  Either way, I don't think it means anything.

true. didn't think of that. Can't see it because he is not on my friends list........yet ;)

VenturaHog

You don't have to have a college email addy anymore, high school kids can sign up too. In Dean's case I imagine the info is left over from when he comitted this summer.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 28, 2008, 01:14:58 pm
You don't have to have a college email addy anymore, high school kids can sign up too. In Dean's case I imagine the info is left over from when he comitted this summer.

yes I realize that anyone can join facebook. However they can join either their high school network or their local area such as the Little Rock network. You cannot join a college network without an email address issued by the school.

VenturaHog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 28, 2008, 01:17:42 pm
yes I realize that anyone can join facebook. However they can join either their high school network or their local area such as the Little Rock network. You cannot join a college network without an email address issued by the school.

You're right. I imagine they would issue him an email adress once he committed.

Hawgballz

I think the hogs are looking very good for Dean, unless Texass offers late.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

thefuture

This would be a terrific get this late in the process, and would lead us to believe that with a full year under their belt, next year we will see the rewards of hiring, and i stress"a competent head football coach"   GO HOGS

JShipCPA

Quote from: PorkerOinker on January 28, 2008, 02:16:24 am
I hope your right If it is between Arkansas and UCLA i like our chances much closer to home than LA i think that will win out in the end.

Houston to LA is a huge move for a 17-18 yr old...  He will be Hog due to proximity but; first and foremost, because of Coach P...

enl35794

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 28, 2008, 12:52:20 pm

Wrong. I believe any Joe off the streets can get on facebook. Pretty sure when it first got goin, you had to have a valid school email, but not anymore. Also, there's no way he already has a UCLA email address. He would have to be enrolled already, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't done that.

And I'm still not sold that it's actually him or somebody who just made that crap.
"And I took the butcher knife and put it up to her neck. I said if you want to live to see tomorrow, you better start frying them eggs a little bit better than what you frying. I'm tired of eating sloppy, slimy eggs."

Jesco White

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: enl35794 on January 29, 2008, 01:54:11 am
Wrong. I believe any Joe off the streets can get on facebook. Pretty sure when it first got goin, you had to have a valid school email, but not anymore. Also, there's no way he already has a UCLA email address. He would have to be enrolled already, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't done that.

And I'm still not sold that it's actually him or somebody who just made that crap.

dude read the rest of the posts. I have already been over this. Read more post less!

farhan

This is the real real Aundre Dean. Nothing about UCLA

Amityvillehogger

Its probably just a group fellas.  You can start groups and make it public for anyone to join.  That simple.  I'm in quite a few of them.  Their harmless and it's just tabs that show up on your page.  ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: farhan on January 29, 2008, 02:18:54 am

as I stated earlier. However it was pointed to me that he could put it under the education tab on his profile without joining the network.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 29, 2008, 02:20:27 am
Its probably just a group fellas.  You can start groups and make it public for anyone to join.  That simple.  I'm in quite a few of them.  Their harmless and it's just tabs that show up on your page.  ;D

yeah under groups, not education.

Adam Stokes

There are ways of being able to sign up for a college network before you actually begin attending.  I didn't have a BYU email address and I was still able to sign up for their network.  That said Andre Dean is not apart of the UCLA network from what I've seen, and he won't be until he signs his LOI.

HamShank

From his statements, I hate to say it but I don't like our chances.  He sounded much more tepid about U of A.  I know he liked most everything but the weather, but he doesn't say ANYTHING negative about UCLA (other than construction).

hog_fan

Quote from: HamShank on January 29, 2008, 09:54:18 am
From his statements, I hate to say it but I don't like our chances.  He sounded much more tepid about U of A.  I know he liked most everything but the weather, but he doesn't say ANYTHING negative about UCLA (other than construction).

What did he say. What i read he had many positve things to say.

DoggtownHog

How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

SPAL

Quote from: farhan on January 29, 2008, 02:18:54 am

thanks...that proves it.

and to the person who said he got an email addy when he commited is out of their mind.

HamShank

Quote from: hog_fan on January 29, 2008, 09:56:36 am
What did he say. What i read he had many positve things to say.

He had a lot of things to say about Arkansas, but it was mostly, "It was better than I expected," and then the negative of the cold weather.  About UCLA, he didn't say ANYTHING negative.  All I'm saying is it seemed he had low expectations of Arkansas, and that UCLA met every expectation he had.  Hell, don't list to me; I might as well be reading tea leaves.  I'm still hopeful about Dean.

RazorSAE

Don't forget, we still have Dean's Momma in our corner.  No one wants to disappoint their Momma.  I'm not saying he'll pick us, but I like our chances.  This kid reminds me of DMac, a tad bit slower version, but has a lot of his characteristics. 

enl35794

January 29, 2008, 10:40:48 pm #36 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:45:29 pm by enl35794
Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 29, 2008, 02:12:16 am
dude read the rest of the posts. I have already been over this. Read more post less!

Just for the sake of checking it out, "Aundre Dean's" facebook "network" is Katy High School '08, not UCLA. I could care less what his profile says or doesn't say, the kid isn't enrolled at UCLA. He's a soft verbal to UCLA. That's it. I'm pretty sure Rivals and Scout scour facebook daily for info on recruits, and surely they would've picked this up, right?

I still say you're a friggin idiot for even hinting this is any sort of legit info. I'll almost give you credit for trying so hard to break a scoop on here, but, read more. dont post.

Jesco White

VenturaHog

Quote from: enl35794 on January 29, 2008, 10:40:48 pm
Just for the sake of checking it out, "Aundre Dean's" facebook "network" is Katy High School '08, not UCLA. I could care less what his profile says or doesn't say, the kid isn't enrolled at UCLA. He's a soft verbal to UCLA. That's it. I'm pretty sure Rivals and Scout scour facebook daily for info on recruits, and surely they would've picked this up, right?

I still say you're a friggin idiot for even hinting this is any sort of legit info. I'll almost give you credit for trying so hard to break a scoop on here, but, read more. dont post.

You might want to chill out real quick, name calling like that is a violation of HV policy and a good way to get banned, especially when it is a well known and well liked poster like Cliffee. It is also a good way to be labeled a troll. Just a heads up, learn to disagree without freaking out.

Amityvillehogger

Are you serious?  Step away from the keyboard.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

clifflee4mvp

If you will look up, you will see that I was not the one to mention facebook first. I didn't try to scoop anything. I don't know anything about Aundre and never claimed to.

enl35794

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on January 30, 2008, 12:23:32 am
If you will look up, you will see that I was not the one to mention facebook first. I didn't try to scoop anything. I don't know anything about Aundre and never claimed to.

But, come on... facebook? I'll grant you that I dont think Aundre is coming to Arkansas. Be awesome if he did, but he's goin to UCLA. Anything written on facebook is meaningless. If it were myspace, it would be a little more believable.

I swear I will never name call again. I should have known better. Next time I'll just post a blog on facebook, it'll find it's way to the appropriate parties.

Jesco White