Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Hall update

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 25, 2008, 03:49:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Three different people are telling Matt cancelled his visit to Arkansas this weekend.

Someone I trust told me he's visiting Missouri this weekend and will visit Arkansas next weekend.

SquidBilly

Interesting...  What if anything should we read into this?

PigWig

What are your thoughts about this?  IMO it looks bad.

sivad53

im not sure if this is bad or good that he is visiting us last?

blueshog2001

I was hoping he would visit with Eoff up here, then he would cancel his visit to Mizzou.

kimjongsqUeAl

ummm . . . I'm not liking this at all.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

ap89

man we really need Matt

TRG is always on top of it

Hogaliciousness

I would rather have him the last weekend.
I am ready for some football!

kimjongsqUeAl

why would a recruit do that?  Does that mean anything?
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

COCHISE

Quote from: Hogaliciousness on January 25, 2008, 03:54:29 pm
I would rather have him the last weekend.
Agreed.  It wouldn't look good for Matt to come to Arkansas this weekend and then visit Mizzou next weekend still uncommitted.  This way he can go ahead and get his officials out of the way and commit to us on his final visit.

sivad53

it impossible to know what hes thinking but saving the best for last cant be that bad.

SquidBilly

The more I think about it this may be good for a couple of reasons.  First Matt can be 100% certain of his committ to us next weekend since he will have the rest of his visits out of the way.  Also we have Webb and Oden coming in this weekend already so it makes sense for him to come in next weekend.  Competition is good but I'd rather the 3 of them meet each other after they've signed their LOIs.

Hogstocking

Our commits taking these visits is really starting to get under my skin...

Man I wish there was an early signing period for football.

HogsGotcha1

I heard opposite on DTS yesterday TB said he cancelled the Mizzou visit

Polecat

Don't worry. He's still going to visit UA next weekend, from what I can gather. Everybody remain calm. And BTW, Drive Time has had wrong info about Matt all week. RR said he was visiting Ole Miss this weekend, but he was there last weekend. TB didn't have the update yesterday, either, FWIW.
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

SPAL

sounds good to me...if he is actually coming next weekend then its good news for us.

regi

January 25, 2008, 05:15:32 pm #16 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 06:03:33 pm by regi
I don't think it means anything. FYI AU has 6 commits visiting different schools this weekend. UGA, UF, UT, OleMiss and Bama have commits all visiting different schools this weekend. I think more kids than ever made early commits this year and they are all taking advantage of the system. I am not concerned about kids taking visits any longer. Nutt is a weasel that can't be trusted, but he will not get any of our native Arkansan commits to switch.

Porkatarian

Thanks for the update Richard, although it's not what I was wanting to hear.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

ArKan5a5 KiD

Trey Biddy on DTS just said that he has canceled and is taking his Missouri visit.

SquidBilly

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 25, 2008, 06:18:36 pm
Trey Biddy on DTS just said that he has canceled and is taking his Missouri visit.

Cancelled completely or just for this week?  Richard said he is rescheduled for next week now.

ntubjr

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

The_Iceman

whats his deal? why would you commit to arkansas early and then leave because they fired a terrible coach and hired an NFL coach?

Razorhogs

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2008, 07:00:09 pm
whats his deal? why would you commit to arkansas early and then leave because they fired a terrible coach and hired an NFL coach?

This 18 year old might not think he is a terrible coach.  You never know what going on in the back ground. 

The_Bionic_Pig

If I were a betting man ..... Matt Hall & Jamarcus Webb will both arrive at the same time weekend before signing... (Nothing confirmed just my opinion)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

spit

IF the reason is in fact b/c firing the nut and hiring BP then this is just plain stupid, gotta be something else

SquidBilly

Maybe his uncle will get back on here and fill us in on what is going on with Matt.  I'd hate to lose him.

The_Bionic_Pig

Well I was dead wrong on my guess..... looks like we have a nother JUCO "SEC Qualifying casualty" 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SquidBilly

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 25, 2008, 09:05:54 pm
Well I was dead wrong on my guess..... looks like we have a nother JUCO "SEC Qualifying casualty" 

Well that explains why when I looked him up on Scouts he no longer had any visits listed.  That's terrible news.  Makes getting Matt even that much more important.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 25, 2008, 09:18:50 pm
Matt just swapped schedules.  I think we are ok with him.

I agree
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

SquidBilly

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 25, 2008, 09:18:50 pm
Matt just swapped schedules.  I think we are ok with him.

But why would he do that at the last minute?  That can't be helping his relationship with Petrino.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 25, 2008, 11:09:38 pm
But why would he do that at the last minute?  That can't be helping his relationship with Petrino.

Don't panic. He could've called Coach P and stated that he would rather be at Arkansas the last weekend with fewer people there than this weekend with 4,000 other recruits. Maybe Matt is a low key guy?
Fear the Tusks!

SquidBilly

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on January 25, 2008, 11:13:01 pm
Don't panic. He could've called Coach P and stated that he would rather be at Arkansas the last weekend with fewer people there than this weekend with 4,000 other recruits. Maybe Matt is a low key guy?

Next weekend may be a big one as well if we don't get a bunch of commits this weekend.  I have a feeling our coaches will be digging way deep into a lot of areas trying to find some players that could play for us.

baitshop

I spoke with a 7A West head coach last night and he was told by Matt's high school coach that Coach P was unhappy that Matt was taking other visits and told his Mother that in no uncertain terms.........Said Mom was not happy with phone call.......
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Razorvet

I wonder if his mood had anything to do with her being quoted as saying her son was now an ole piss lean. I cant imagine why she would say that. Or that the facilities were comparable. Its just another case of an athletes mom trying to be her sons agent. We see way too much of this.

jgphillips3

I want this kid, but if Petrino made that call I am backing him. 

SquidBilly

Quote from: baitshop on January 26, 2008, 10:45:21 am
I spoke with a 7A West head coach last night and he was told by Matt's high school coach that Coach P was unhappy that Matt was taking other visits and told his Mother that in no uncertain terms.........Said Mom was not happy with phone call.......

Did she expect him to be overjoyed about it?  There are two ways to look at it.  Either Petrino is trying to make them mad and get a decommit which I doubt or the more likely is Petrino really wants Matt to be a Razorback and given Matt's previous comments about wanting to be a Hog is pressing him to firm up his commitment.  We'd all be questioning Petrino if his message was go ahead and take all five of your visits and if you decide the Hogs aren't the best fit then I wish you the best.  No good D1 coach is going to feel that way.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: baitshop on January 26, 2008, 10:45:21 am

Cut this kid..His momma has a lot to say about Ole Piss and I say jerk the offer. Let the kid go wallow around with Nutt at Ole Miss. I am sorry but I don't respect anyone who has kept up with Nutt and is interested in sending their kid to play for that kind of person.

I am tired of him and his momma. Not to mention the HS coach who needs to keep his trap shut and not be gossiping!

Polecat

I'll say it again. EVERYBODY REMAIN CALM. Matt's just taking his visits to these schools. There's nothing to read into it. Geez, let the kid have a little fun with this. He'll only get recruited once in his life. I suggest we fans try to enjoy the recruiting season as well without going all Chicken Little about every little "development". IF he ends up not going to the UA, then you can jump off the cliff, but I would be suprised if he doesn't end up a Hog.
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: gnick4 on January 26, 2008, 11:17:28 am
He must be getting some bad advice. If he wants to be in the NFL he needs to come here. There are not many one dimensional teams in the NFL. He will learn how to run and pass block here. We all know what he will learn at ole piss. He would be a great player if we get him but if not then it's his loss.

Useless post considering there are two pro bowl offensive lineman who were Razorbacks and another one starting as a rookie on one of the most pass happy teams in the league. 

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 26, 2008, 11:07:03 am
Cut this kid..His momma has a lot to say about Ole Piss and I say jerk the offer. Let the kid go wallow around with Nutt at Ole Miss. I am sorry but I don't respect anyone who has kept up with Nutt and is interested in sending their kid to play for that kind of person.

I am tired of him and his momma. Not to mention the HS coach who needs to keep his trap shut and not be gossiping!
Couldnt agree more. Why on earth anyone would consider Ole Miss over what we have going here is just plain dumb. Ole Miss is a a crap hole and always will be.

Razorvet

Yeah there have been a few gems on Arkansas's Olines but Petrinos Olines are highly regarded and will continue to produce better results. The fact is after ten years at Arkansas I am confidnt that Petrino would have put more talent in the NFL. And I know everyone is high on Markuson but if he was that great he would be moving up and not stuck following Nutt around for the rest of his life. Look back preseason and in SI and I think they had Louisvilles front ranked top five in the country. It aint his fault they stunk it up after he left.

tophawg19

shawn andrews played at o- tackle philly moved him to guard . peters played TE buffalo moved him to o-tackle . yep markuson really did a good job . we never send a kid who is really ready all have to be taught to pass block.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on January 26, 2008, 11:27:14 am
Useless post considering there are two pro bowl offensive lineman who were Razorbacks and another one starting as a rookie on one of the most pass happy teams in the league. 

10 years at Arkansas and there are two pro bowl players. OK then why has no one ever tried to hire Markuson? Shawn Andrews was a pro bowler from birth! Do you think Markuson is the reason he's a pro bowler? I don't!

Jason Peters played TE...Markson don't coach the TE's..That would be zero All Pro NFL players coached by Markuson that are there because of Markuson.

Markuson isn't going to make Hall into an NFL player! If you think he's better than the new line coach then you been drinking the kool aide for way too long!

Desperate Hog

Maybe has a great relationship with Markuson kind of like the kid from Bama, Tatum I think is his name.  Who knows?  Maybe he likes Nutt's cheerleader style vs Petrino's no nonsense approach.  Let him take his visits and then decide.  I have confidence we'll be alright regardless.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

Nashville Fan

If kids are afraid of competition, they will not come to AR... Every player will have to compete for the starting position at AR. As a result they will better players and win more games.
Pittman or Bust!

jackflash

Let the kid visit and we will see how it pans out.  I don't think Missouri will remain a power in recruiting. Also don't think their program will remain at its current level.

disGUSted

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 26, 2008, 11:07:03 am

Careful what we say about family. Personal attacts like that are never endearing to the cause. I'm sure she is like any other parent in that they want what is best for the son and isn't totally sure what that is at this point. Remarks like that cannot do any good, in fact, can only be taken negatively. Who would want to go where they are insulted by the fans?
We are all welcome to our own opinions, but perhaps they are better kept to ourselves for the greater good. Not discounting your sincerity as a fan, but put yourself in Her position.
Withthat said,...BEAT THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF OLE MISS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2008, 11:44:27 am
shawn andrews played at o- tackle philly moved him to guard . peters played TE buffalo moved him to o-tackle . yep markuson really did a good job . we never send a kid who is really ready all have to be taught to pass block.

You hypocrites can spin what you like.  Boss Williams is still in the league and the only reason Peters is able to play tackle is because that is basically what he did at Arkanas for two years.   The bottom line is that they are pro bowlers.  The offensive line at Arkansas has not been a weakness.  How many pro bowlers is Mike Summers responsible for this year.  Why the hell is Tony Ugoh starting as a rookie on a team that last time I checked passes a lot.