Thread on OU board about the Hogs future, Nutt, and Petrino

Started by Landonhog, January 25, 2008, 02:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HAWG FAN 55

Say what? LOLZ!!

OklaU

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 26, 2008, 07:58:40 pm
From an Arkansas fans perspective:

OU is a great program.  I can say that without a hint of jealousy and without any love for them.  If OU wasn't an elite program, why is the 1978 Orange Bowl referred to as one of the greatest in the history of the Razorbacks? 

We don't have to be haters to better ourselves.  We're not Bama for goodness sake.  OU is probably a top 10 team in the history of college football and we are probably top 25.  I think Petrino is going to carry us to heights we haven't seen in a long time and we will regain our national reputation.  

Look...OU has three national championships.  They have been awesome at times and vastly overrated at times, but I feel no need to tear them down.  I will give the program its proper respect and since they usually make a whipping dog out of Texas in Dallas on a yearly basis, how bad can I feel about them?  Anyway, I am not trying to get all lovey-dovey with OU or anything, but it is unfair to say they are terrible.

Not 3 but 7 National Championships.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

IronHog

Quote from: OklaU on January 26, 2008, 05:25:39 pm
OU's program is every bit as good as those schools.  If your going to list those schools you might as well add Texas to the list, of course when you do that then it's obvious that OU's in the mix.

OU is a step down from those ELITE programs at this point.  I'm not saying OU has not been elite in the past, but right now is one of those good not elite programs.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  The top programs take turns at the top, and OU is a ways behind several programs right now.

P.S. No way Texas embarrasses itself vs BS and WVA. 
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Sooner75

For all you hog fans that think OU is not an elite program.

From 1869-2007
OU ranks #5 in the nation in winning percentage (0.71090). Arkansas ranks #27.
Only Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, and Ohio State ranks higher.

From 1940-2007
OU ranks #1 in the nation in winning percentage (0.74474). Arkansas ranks #23.

From 2000-2007 OU is #3 in winning percentage (0.82828). Arkansas ranks #38.
OU is behind Boise State and Texas.

OU has 7 National Championships that they recognize. They also have been named a national champion by some sort of polling system 23 times. The latter is a record for all schools.

OU has the longest winning streak. 47 games. They have had 30+ winning streaks 3 times and 20+ winning streaks several more times.

OU's overall record is 776-298-53.
They rank #6 in the nation in wins.

By these stats alone, OU is definitely a top 5 program in the nation. Historically and presently.

If that is not elite, than I don't know what is.

Sooner75

Quote from: IronHog on January 26, 2008, 09:18:13 pm

OU is a step down from those ELITE programs at this point.  I'm not saying OU has not been elite in the past, but right now is one of those good not elite programs.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  The top programs take turns at the top, and OU is a ways behind several programs right now.

P.S. No way Texas embarrasses itself vs BS and WVA. 

Dude, OU is about as elite as they come since 2000.
All they have done was win, win, win.

Yes OU has lost two straight bowl games. Big deal. OU is also just one of 6 teams to win a national title this decade. They have won 90 games this decade (8 of which are still be contested by the NCAA). They have played in 3 national championship games. They have won 5 conference titles. They have won 2 BCS games. They are 4-4 under Stoops in Bowl games.

It is pretty hard to go against OU since the turn of the century and exclude them from the elite status.

Rhino

Quote from: Landonhog on January 25, 2008, 03:31:09 pm
Maybe the free board, but there was an article on ESPN or SI not too long ago that was rating college message boards based on membership, age of the board, and participation; and I believe OUInsider and USC were the top two boards...
Last year, OU Insider left the 'Sooners Illustrated' Scout site and with it took 80-85% of the population to OUInsider.com.  Four of the six biggest Scout sites (including OUInsider, the USC site you mentioned, GatorCountry.com & Bucknuts.com) also left Scout and joined up with ESPN.

The OU Scout site is very much a ghost town.

IronHog

Quote from: Sooner75 on January 26, 2008, 10:19:20 pm
Dude, OU is about as elite as they come since 2000.
All they have done was win, win, win.

Yes OU has lost two straight bowl games. Big deal. OU is also just one of 6 teams to win a national title this decade. They have won 90 games this decade (8 of which are still be contested by the NCAA). They have played in 3 national championship games. They have won 5 conference titles. They have won 2 BCS games. They are 4-4 under Stoops in Bowl games.

It is pretty hard to go against OU since the turn of the century and exclude them from the elite status.

I never said OU wasn't upper tier, but they are not currently "elite" if you take elite to be the very best of the best.

Sure you whip up on the aTm's, down and out Neb's, and OSU's of the world, but you also go and represent the Big12 losing to far lesser programs and taking a blowout to USC.

I understand my team is struggling to regain our status as a barely top 20 program.  Just understand your team is trying to once again be an elite program.

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

secfan30

Quote from: drivetimeporks on January 25, 2008, 02:59:48 pm
someone should remind those goobers that  they lost to freakin colorado this year ..elite as ou is and alll...

Someone should tell them to leave the use of Peyote to the Native Americans. (My dad is Cherokee so I am hoping it is ok for me to say this)

NWASooner

QuoteI don't think Razorback fans believe Arkansas has an elite football program.

Some of them do.  Hell, look at this thread.

Die hard Arkansas fans would give their collective left nut to have the success OU football has had over the last 50 years.  That makes OU elite.

Like someone else said, just because a program wants to be elite doesn't mean it is. 

secfan30

Quote from: NWASooner on January 27, 2008, 12:44:23 am
Some of them do.  Hell, look at this thread.

Die hard Arkansas fans would give their collective left nut to have the success OU football has had over the last 50 years.  That makes OU elite.

Like someone else said, just because a program wants to be elite doesn't mean it is. 

I am not sure about one of my most beloved parts, however we did give OU one of our Native Sons that helped bring a lot of that success.

IronHog

NWASooner

QuoteWe need to cheat more.

You cheat enough.  That isn't the problem.

fatman423

IronHog

Quote from: NWASooner on January 27, 2008, 01:18:31 am
You cheat enough.  That isn't the problem.

We need to cheat less smarter like OU and play in the Big12 like OU.

fatman423

Quote from: Sooner75 on January 26, 2008, 10:13:12 pm
For all you hog fans that think OU is not an elite program.

From 1869-2007
OU ranks #5 in the nation in winning percentage (0.71090). Arkansas ranks #27.
Only Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, and Ohio State ranks higher.

From 1940-2007
OU ranks #1 in the nation in winning percentage (0.74474). Arkansas ranks #23.

From 2000-2007 OU is #3 in winning percentage (0.82828). Arkansas ranks #38.
OU is behind Boise State and Texas.

OU has 7 National Championships that they recognize. They also have been named a national champion by some sort of polling system 23 times. The latter is a record for all schools.

OU has the longest winning streak. 47 games. They have had 30+ winning streaks 3 times and 20+ winning streaks several more times.

OU's overall record is 776-298-53.
They rank #6 in the nation in wins.

By these stats alone, OU is definitely a top 5 program in the nation. Historically and presently.

If that is not elite, than I don't know what is.
Here, I have to rebut one arrogant program with the only other program that can come close in terms of arrogance...

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/alabama/all_national_champs.php

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/oklahoma/all_national_champs.php

newera

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on January 26, 2008, 01:57:57 pm
Offense taken...Take your pious bull$hit back to norman. 

Go talk about the good ole days with your own.

ok, i'm sorry, but for everyone on this board (not just you) is talking so much crap, but where are the results? i am a fan of 3 teams (ARk, OU, and Oregon), and OU has been to more BCS bowls in the past 5 years than arkansas has dreamed of. so you can just talk all the crap you want, but they are way way way above arkansas on the scale of how well programs stack up against each other.
you say they aren't "elite" but they most definitely have more national championships than, all but like 3 teams (ND, Bama, and Michigan) (but that isn't forshure but all i could find) but the point here is that oklahoma is in the elite programs, the top 5 all time of most championships. how many does arkansas have? 1. so you all need to stop talking.

OU cherry picks players out of texas, as well as oklahoma (arguably some of the best football states) and truthfully don't even need to recruit very hard, because the players come to them.
AR cannot even keep all the recruits in its own sorry state.

Who is more elite?
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

IronHog

Quote from: newera on January 27, 2008, 01:35:26 am
ok, i'm sorry, but for everyone on this board (not just you) is talking so much crap, but where are the results? i am a fan of 3 teams (ARk, OU, and Oregon), and OU has been to more BCS bowls in the past 5 years than arkansas has dreamed of. so you can just talk all the crap you want, but they are way way way above arkansas on the scale of how well programs stack up against each other.
you say they aren't "elite" but they most definitely have more national championships than, all but like 3 teams (ND, Bama, and Michigan) (but that isn't forshure but all i could find) but the point here is that oklahoma is in the elite programs, the top 5 all time of most championships. how many does arkansas have? 1. so you all need to stop talking.

OU cherry picks players out of texas, as well as oklahoma (arguably some of the best football states) and truthfully don't even need to recruit very hard, because the players come to them.

Who is more elite?

Nebraska and Texas are clearly the class of the Big12.

Sorry, you'll just have to settle for good but not elite (when not paying those players just to show up)

newera

Quote from: IronHog on January 27, 2008, 01:39:54 am

Nebraska and Texas are clearly the class of the Big12.

Sorry, you'll just have to settle for good but not elite (when not paying those players just to show up)

you have to be joking? nebraska?! if we are talking about teams that have fallen from the elite standards, then i would definitely say nebraska, how many national champioships have they been to in the last ten years? much less bcs games. you have to be kidding.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

zeke

Its a million wonders that the Big 12's Missouri beat the mighty hogs of the SEC.

IronHog

Quote from: zeke on January 27, 2008, 11:54:00 am
Its a million wonders that the Big 12's Missouri beat the mighty hogs of the SEC.

Somehow Ole Miss was able to place it's coaches on the Arkansas sideline with predictable results.

taintlint

I'm not sure what is being debated here. Is OU elite? Ummm.........they are the #5 all time college football program.
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/oklahoma/rankings.php

What is the argument? Arkansas, like it or not, since 1992 is the 8th best team in the conference with an all time record against the SEC of 97-120-5. Against the Big 12 (old SWC teams included) Arkansas stands at 161-152-7.

Our overall record, by almost any means possible to measure it (bowls, conference play, out of conference play), is mediocre at best.

There is nothing wrong with being a die hard fan. There is nothing wrong with donating every penny you have to the RF. There is nothing wrong with refusing to embrace the "little ole' Arkansas" mentality. With that said, we ARE NOT an elite program, we barely qualify as a historical Top 25 program, we are the 8th best team in our conference, and telling yourself otherwise is foolish. IMHO.

With all of that said, we can be elite. We were in the 60's and 70's. Regardless, todays fans hanging onto the 60's and 70's would be like fans from the 1970's hanging onto the 1930's. Think about that for a second.

NWASooner

QuoteNebraska and Texas are clearly the class of the Big12.

Really?  Then why does OU have more Big 12 titles than those two combined?

IronHog

Quote from: taintlint on January 27, 2008, 12:16:48 pm
I'm not sure what is being debated here. Is OU elite? Ummm.........they are the #5 all time college football program.
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/oklahoma/rankings.php

Here is the #1 ranking for ND:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/independents/notre_dame/rankings.php

They are not currently a top five program and OU is not either.  Both are elite programs from a historical perspective but currently do not match up with with the current true elite.  It does not mean they will not reach that status again, but no program can claim they maintain an elite team/program at all times.  Those things ebb and flow.

Arkansas is probably low second to third class at this point.  Lets win a SEC championship and go from there.

IronHog

Quote from: NWASooner on January 27, 2008, 12:36:22 pm
Really?  Then why does OU have more Big 12 titles than those two combined?

Does Texas have a big Orange Motors?

taintlint

Quote from: IronHog on January 27, 2008, 12:40:49 pm
Here is the #1 ranking for ND:

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/independents/notre_dame/rankings.php

They are not currently a top five program and OU is not either.  Both are elite programs from a historical perspective but currently do not match up with with the current true elite.  It does not mean they will not reach that status again, but no program can claim they maintain an elite team/program at all times.  Those things ebb and flow.

Arkansas is probably low second to third class at this point.  Lets win a SEC championship and go from there.

Fair enough

NWASooner

For what it's worth, I don't think winning necessarily translates to "elite." 

I would not consider Miami an "elite" program despite them winning 5 national titles in 25 years, playing for a lot more, and being an NFL factory.  The term "program" covers a lot of aspects and schools like Colorado (back when they were winning regularly) are not it.  Neither Miami or Colorado support their programs very well.  They don't pay much and attendance is bad.

So, to say OU is not elite because they haven't played for the national title in a few years is silly.  Being a "program" is about more than a few good years.  That's why Notre Dame is still there despite not winning a bowl game in something like 15 years and Miami never will be.

OklaU

Ironhog, your hatred blinds you.  OU is Elite, talk to any professional analyst, and they'll tell you the same.  Talk about BS and WVU all you want it doesn't change anything. 

Florida got beat by a Michigan team that got beat by App. State.  They're elite?  I would think so, because arguments like that don't stick and neither does yours.

Come on, quit being a envious homer.

IronHog

Quote from: NWASooner on January 27, 2008, 12:46:23 pm
For what it's worth, I don't think winning necessarily translates to "elite." 

I would not consider Miami an "elite" program despite them winning 5 national titles in 25 years, playing for a lot more, and being an NFL factory.  The term "program" covers a lot of aspects and schools like Colorado (back when they were winning regularly) are not it.  Neither Miami or Colorado support their programs very well.  They don't pay much and attendance is bad.

So, to say OU is not elite because they haven't played for the national title in a few years is silly.  Being a "program" is about more than a few good years.  That's why Notre Dame is still there despite not winning a bowl game in something like 15 years and Miami never will be.

I see what you are saying, but do not agree.  If OSU starts kicking your tail over the next 20 years wins 3 NC's and turns out NFL'ers at a high rate it could be a very top tier elite program for that time frame.  From a historical standpoint they would rank no where near the Bama's, OU's, ND's of the world but if they are kicking tail they get the title.

Elitism may make you feel better, but until you back it up on the field you can join those 10-15 other very good but not elite programs out there.

The Texas and Nebraska comment was just yanking the OU fans chain.  Nebraska is likely gone forever, and it is Arkansas' fault that Texas is the overrated, underachieving mess stinking up college football today.

IronHog

Quote from: OklaU on January 27, 2008, 12:48:31 pm
Ironhog, your hatred blinds you. 
Come on, quit being a envious homer.

I don't hate OU.  I watch them on a regular basis and root for them against Texas every year.  There are just better programs out there right now.

I have and will continue to state that Arkansas is at best a second tier program in results and prestige.

razorrog1

I guess for the UofA to be elite we need to get us one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cVIAqI0j4

How you guys were able to put a team on the field after that shows me that you are for certain elite.
USC is getting off without a scratch over the Reggie Bush drama.
Ohio State somehow survived Maurice Clarett. 
You guys have Big Red Sports and Imports as your (latest) dip into the slime.
I'd be proud too.

taintlint

Quote from: razorrog1 on January 27, 2008, 01:02:17 pm
I guess for the UofA to be elite we need to get us one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cVIAqI0j4

How you guys were able to put a team on the field after that shows me that you are for certain elite.
USC is getting off without a scratch over the Reggie Bush drama.
Ohio State somehow survived Maurice Clarett. 
You guys have Big Red Sports and Imports as your (latest) dip into the slime.
I'd be proud too.

Tammany Tom

January 27, 2008, 01:38:24 pm #83 Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:42:11 pm by Tammany Tom
Currently these are the Elite Teams of College Football and why:
(National and Conference Championships won this decade are noted)

LSU
National championships (2): 2003, 2007
SEC championships (3): 2001, 2003, 2007
BCS title game record: 2-0 (1.000)
BCS bowl record: 4-0 (1.000)
Record since 2000: 82-22 (.788)
Last five years: 56-10 (.849)
Last three years: 34-6 (.850)

USC
National championships (2): 2003 (AP), 2004 (BCS)
Pac-10 championships (6): 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
BCS title game record: 1-1 (.500)
BCS bowl record: 5-1 (.833)
Record since 2000: 81-21 (.794)
Last five years: 59-6 (.908)
Last three years: 34-5 (.872)

Oklahoma
National championships (1): 2000
Big 12 championships (5): 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007
Heisman winners (1): Jason White, 2003
BCS title game record: 1-2 (.333)
BCS bowl record: 2-4 (.333)
Record since 2000: 90-17 (.841)
Last five years: 54-13 (.806)
Last three years: 30-10 (.750)

Ohio State
National championships (1): 2002
Big Ten championships (4): 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007
BCS bowl record: 3-2 (.600)
Record since 2000: 81-20 (.802)
Last five years: 52-11 (.825)
Last three years: 33-5 (.868)

Texas
National championships (1): 2005
Big 12 championships (1): 2005
BCS title game record: 1-0 (1.000)
BCS bowl record: 2-0 (1.000)
Record since 2000: 85-17 (.833)
Last five years: 54-10 (.844)
Last three years: 33-6 (.846)

Florida
National championships (1) 2006
SEC championships (2) 2000, 2006
BCS bowl record: 3-1 (.750)
Record since 2000: 74-28 (.725)
Last 5 years: 46-18 (.719)
Last three years: 31-8 (.794)

IronHog

Quote from: Tammany Tom on January 27, 2008, 01:38:24 pm

LSU

USC

Oklahoma

Ohio State

Texas

Florida

Take OU out and your pretty close.

The Visor

All those Bomar picks are pretty funny.

BTW, http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2003041701in.htm

It's the classic battle of the stone and the glass house.

slowride

We don't have any business talking smack to OU.  They are light-years ahead of us.  We can bring up BSU, Colorado, and Tech.  But they have a NC this decade, several BCS championship game appearances, and a handful of Big 12 championships in recent years.  We have never won the SEC nor appeared in a BCS bowl.  Their response to us bringing up Boise and Tech would probably be:  Missouri, a team they beat twice which pounded us in the ground.

RickyRoma

Quote from: newera on January 27, 2008, 01:35:26 am

Who is more elite?
I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points so once again...I don't care about OU and their status.  I don't think Arkansas is currently an elite/top tier program.  My point IS I don't need some jacka$$ from OU hitting this board telling us how great they are and how great Arkansas isn't. 

If an OU fan needs their ego stroked, then go back to the OU board.  Is this too difficult for you to understand?

RickyRoma

Quote from: Tammany Tom on January 27, 2008, 01:38:24 pm

LSU

USC

Oklahoma

Ohio State

Texas

Florida

Absolutely shocking that an lsu fan would offer their 2-cents on this issue, and with their school at the top of the list to boot.  I would have never guessed it.

Sooner75

Quote from: IronHog on January 26, 2008, 11:08:29 pm

I never said OU wasn't upper tier, but they are not currently "elite" if you take elite to be the very best of the best.

Sure you whip up on the aTm's, down and out Neb's, and OSU's of the world, but you also go and represent the Big12 losing to far lesser programs and taking a blowout to USC.

I understand my team is struggling to regain our status as a barely top 20 program.  Just understand your team is trying to once again be an elite program.

If you mean elite as in defending national champs, I agree with you. But to say they are not one of the elite programs in the country right now, you are flat out wrong and 90% of the college football world would disagree with you Arkansas fans that think they are not elite.

Yes, OU has lost two straight BCS Bowls. Actually 4 straight dating back to the 2003 season. OU should have beaten West Virginia and Boise State, but they didn't. The Bowls do not make you elite or not. OU has won a total of 90 games this decade, more than any other team in the nation. They have won 82 if the NCAA keeps the 8 wins from 2005 off the record books, which is 3rd behind Texas and Boise State.

Sooner75

Quote from: donewithdale on January 27, 2008, 12:35:52 am
I'll repeat for you:

Cheat, win NC, probation, cheat, win NC, probation, cheat,...well you know the historic pattern of OU football

Considering your willingness to win at all costs, proximity to N Texas and own in-state recruiting territories and the fact that your toughest conference game each season is at a neutral site, you should be a winning elite program.  The only programs in your conference with equal or maybe slightly better resources in recruiting and facilities are Texas and Texas A&M.  And again, one of those programs you never have to play on the road.  What a disgrace it would be if you didn't win most of your conference games each season.  Why would anyone expect programs from states like Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa could ever compete with Oklahoma given your advantages? 

Quote from: donewithdale on January 27, 2008, 12:35:52 am
I'll repeat for you:

Cheat, win NC, probation, cheat, win NC, probation, cheat,...well you know the historic pattern of OU football

Considering your willingness to win at all costs, proximity to N Texas and own in-state recruiting territories and the fact that your toughest conference game each season is at a neutral site, you should be a winning elite program.  The only programs in your conference with equal or maybe slightly better resources in recruiting and facilities are Texas and Texas A&M.  And again, one of those programs you never have to play on the road.  What a disgrace it would be if you didn't win most of your conference games each season.  Why would anyone expect programs from states like Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa could ever compete with Oklahoma given your advantages? 

It's funny when a fan of a school that has been proven to cheat in its past says this garbage.

Does the 2002 Cotton Bowl still sting for you?

Sooner75

Also Razorback fans.

If OU is only top tier, not elite, how does it feel to be slammed by the #2 team in the Big 12 this past season?

Does this mean you all are not even 2nd tier?

Sooner75

Oh and how far away is Arkansas from being top tier since you all got your butts handed to you by Missouri? BTW, Missouri lost to OU two times.

Yeah, OU is not elite. LMFAO@these tools.

IronHog

Quote from: Sooner75 on January 28, 2008, 01:11:44 am
Oh and how far away is Arkansas from being top tier since you all got your butts handed to you by Missouri? BTW, Missouri lost to OU two times.

Yeah, OU is not elite. LMFAO@these tools.

I feel an internet challenge coming on.

If OU is so confident in its elitism why all the insecurity on little 'ol Arky's board?

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: IronHog on January 28, 2008, 01:36:58 am

I feel an internet challenge coming on.

If OU is so confident in its elitism why all the insecurity on little 'ol Arky's board?
I was thinking the same thing. I agree OU has been a top team in the 7-8 years. However, they have had down times just like the rest of us. Arkansas has just been in theirs since 1990 (with the occasional up years). I believe that trend is about to be changed! :)
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

OklaU

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on January 28, 2008, 01:40:14 am
I was thinking the same thing. I agree OU has been a top team in the 7-8 years. However, they have had down times just like the rest of us. Arkansas has just been in theirs since 1990 (with the occasional up years). I believe that trend is about to be changed! :)

I've been here for quite a while. 

However, this thread was started by someone going to an OU board to see what they were saying.

NWASooner

I find it funny that some people say OU is not elite because they haven't won recently while at the same time saying Arkansas is elite yet the last time they won was before 90% of the people on this board were even born.

Again, recent success is only one component of a top tier program.  Arkansas basketball is still a top tier job, for example.  Same with Alabama football.

Mr. Hog

Ok is probably basing all this on the stellar cotton bowl performance, I'm still pissed about it !
Go Hogs Go!

RickyRoma

Why do you sooner fans continue to need/seek this daily affirmation for your program?  Nobody here cares about how good your program is/isn't. 

Go back home guys.  Talk amongst yourselves, continue being that great team. 

Remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.

Kilgor

Quote from: Hogginitall on January 25, 2008, 03:29:55 pm
This one makes me laugh.  What are the scores between Arkansas-Ole Miss/Miss St in the past?

2007  Ole Miss  8  Arkansas  44
        Miss St.  31  Arkansas 45
2006  Ole Miss  3   Arkansas  38
        Miss St.  14  Arkansas  28
2005  Ole Miss  17  Arkansas 28
        Miss St.  10  Arkansas  44
2004  Ole Miss  3  Arkansas 35
        Miss St.  21  Arkansas  24
2003  Ole Miss  20  Arkansas 48
        Miss St.  6   Arkansas 52
2002  Ole Miss  28  Arkansas  48
        Miss St.  19  Arkansas 26
2001  Ole Miss  56  Arkansas 58
        Miss St.  21  Arkansas 24
2000  Ole Miss  38  Arkansas 24
        Miss St.  10  Arkansas 17

So, you have to go back 8 years to find a win by a Mississippi team over an Arkansas team.  Is that "rising above Arkansas" in any way???  Idiots.

I know 2003 was a loss to Ole Miss loss because that was the O for October catastrophe.  I looked it up, we lost to Ole Miss 7-19, the score was NOT 20-48 Arkansas.  Where did that come from? ???
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/