Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thread on OU board about the Hogs future, Nutt, and Petrino

Started by Landonhog, January 25, 2008, 02:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ToddW

I tell you what.  I'm not one for talking smack, but to think that OU is some God's gift to football is a mistake.  There season was piss poor this year.  They are in a conference that doesn't have a lot of top tier teams.  As far as Arkansas goes, we have been building something up for the past ten years that will all come together. We are going to become one of the best football programs in the country.

With that being said, go back to your trailer park Sooner.  What the hell is a Sooner anyway?  I mean come on your mascot is a covered wagon pulled by two [CENSORED] horses.  How lame is that.  You guys should change it to a wide load double wide being pulled by two Peterbuilts, one names Sooner and the other named Boomer.  I think that would fit your state a lot more.  The only place worth living there is Tulsa, and I think there are more hog fans in Tulsa then there are actual Sooner fans.

We may not be an "elite" football team, but we are still better than the state of Oklahoma!
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Hogginitall

Quote from: Kilgor on January 28, 2008, 09:27:26 am
I know 2003 was a loss to Ole Miss loss because that was the O for October catastrophe.  I looked it up, we lost to Ole Miss 7-19, the score was NOT 20-48 Arkansas.  Where did that come from? ???

My point was made, was it not?  Mississippi schools have not had much success against us recently.  And they're definitely not "rising above Arkansas".  A Mississippi school has beaten us twice out of the past 8 years.  Arkansas is 14-2 against Mississippi schools over the past 8 years.  I'm sorry I messed up, but I'm pretty sure everyone could get the gist of what I was saying. 

razorrog1

Quote from: Sooner75 on January 28, 2008, 01:11:44 am
Oh and how far away is Arkansas from being top tier since you all got your butts handed to you by Missouri? BTW, Missouri lost to OU two times.

Yeah, OU is not elite. LMFAO@these tools.
MISSouri had a dream season. Great.  They beat up on us when while we had Ole Miss's coaches and a team that was in disarray.  I'm not taking anything away from MISSouri, they were up and we were down.  They wanted it more. They should celebrate along with the rest of the Big 12.   With that said, I still wouldn't trade programs, or the direction each program is headed, with the stepchildren to our north. 

bugo

Quote from: ToddW on January 28, 2008, 09:47:11 am
With that being said, go back to your trailer park Sooner.  What the hell is a Sooner anyway?
A cheater.  A fitting mascot for OU.

OklaU

"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

hawgfandude

OU - you tha man.  Your awesome,  you are so Elite that your picture is in the dictionary under elite.  Now, go back to the Sooner Nation Board where you have kindred souls.  Or to the Bama Boards where you both sound identical.

NWASooner

Street and Smith's ranked the Top 50 college programs of all time.  They are as follows:

The list takes the entire history of college football into consideration, hence the Ivy League teams.  Take them out and I have no arguments with the list in regards to post-WWII college football.

1- Notre Dame
2- Southern California
3- Oklahoma
4- Alabama
5- Nebraska
6- Michigan
7- Yale
8- Ohio State
9- Texas
10-Princeton
11- Miami
12- Penn State
13- Tennessee
14- Florida State
15- Minnesota
16- Georgia Tech
17- LSU
18- Georgia
19- Pitt
20- Washington
21- Auburn
22- Harvard
23- Texas A&M
24- Michigan State
25- Florida
26- Ole Miss
27- Cal
28- Colorado
29- Clemson
30- Army
31- UCLA
32- Arkansas
33- Stanford
34- Syracuse
35- BYU
36- Iowa
37- Illinois
38- Maryland
39- TCU
40- Arizona State
41- Penn
42- North Carolina
43- Wisconsin
44- West Virginia
45- Utah
46- Miami of Ohio
47- Mizzou
48- Texas Tech
49- Boston College
50- NC State

jvanhorn

Hey, I was born and raised in Oklahoma and still have family there.  I have lived in Arkansas since 1974.  I am very fond of both states.  The truth is that there are parts of both states [southern part of Arkansas] [west and panhandle of Oklahoma] that most people would not choose as their first place to live. There are some real arseholes in both states and there are some really great people in both states.  This thread is getting to be absurd.
OU has some really great fans---they also have some arragant fans [those who probabaly don't have a real life].  Arkansas has some really great fans--and when they start winning a great majority of the time you can bet that some arseholes will jump right on the bandwagon.  The truth is that Oklahoma and Arkansas have a lot more in common, both geographically and as a people than say--Arkansas/South Carolina.  Let me close by saying that both states also have some areas that are just breathtakingly beautiful. more so in Arkansas, but the northeastern part of Oklahoma is just as nice as the northwestern part of Arkansas.  If there wasn't a state line you wouldn't know when you went from one state to another.

ote author=ToddW link=topic=201790.msg3124067#msg3124067 date=1201535231]
I tell you what.  I'm not one for talking smack, but to think that OU is some God's gift to football is a mistake.  There season was piss poor this year.  They are in a conference that doesn't have a lot of top tier teams.  As far as Arkansas goes, we have been building something up for the past ten years that will all come together. We are going to become one of the best football programs in the country.

With that being said, go back to your trailer park Sooner.  What the hell is a Sooner anyway?  I mean come on your mascot is a covered wagon pulled by two [CENSORED] horses.  How lame is that.  You guys should change it to a wide load double wide being pulled by two Peterbuilts, one names Sooner and the other named Boomer.  I think that would fit your state a lot more.  The only place worth living there is Tulsa, and I think there are more hog fans in Tulsa then there are actual Sooner fans.

We may not be an "elite" football team, but we are still better than the state of Oklahoma!
[/quote]

jvanhorn

LOL,  wasn't it the GOVERNOR OF ARKANSAS that put a doublewide on the mansion grounds and referred to the state as a "banana republic"?

author=ToddW link=topic=201790.msg3124067#msg3124067 date=1201535231]

[/quote]

cj_sez

Fans like those at that board are ones which make my OU alum husband feel grateful to be a Hog fan now.

bugo

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 28, 2008, 07:32:42 pm
Hey, I was born and raised in Oklahoma and still have family there.  I have lived in Arkansas since 1974.  I am very fond of both states.  The truth is that there are parts of both states [southern part of Arkansas] [west and panhandle of Oklahoma] that most people would not choose as their first place to live. There are some real arseholes in both states and there are some really great people in both states.  This thread is getting to be absurd.
OU has some really great fans---they also have some arragant fans [those who probabaly don't have a real life].  Arkansas has some really great fans--and when they start winning a great majority of the time you can bet that some arseholes will jump right on the bandwagon.  The truth is that Oklahoma and Arkansas have a lot more in common, both geographically and as a people than say--Arkansas/South Carolina.  Let me close by saying that both states also have some areas that are just breathtakingly beautiful. more so in Arkansas, but the northeastern part of Oklahoma is just as nice as the northwestern part of Arkansas.  If there wasn't a state line you wouldn't know when you went from one state to another.

The Ouachita Mountains in SE Oklahoma are even more stunning.  If you ever get the chance, drive OK 1 (Talimena Scenic Drive) from the Arkansas line to Talihina or US 259 from Page to Broken Bow.

I've read that the Arbuckle Mountains in south central Oklahoma are very scenic but I've only driven through them at night.

Hornkiller

This cracks me up. Some Hog Hommer goes and finds something (usually under the guise of stirring the pot) about OU and then complains when the Sooners come over and talk about their superiority. I've got an idea; let's keep the homers over here and off the Sooner boards. If we keep sticking our toes on the boarder and telling them how great the SEC is (something most Sooners are aware of anyway) then don't act shocked when they hitch up the Schooner and remind us of the 7 national titles and a history most of us would kill to have.

And what exactly is the difference between an elite team and a tier 1 team? I'll tell you, perception. Notre Dame is in the gutter right now but they draw a large audience, have a giant fan base and a rich history behind them. Same with Bama. Michigan is considered elite and they've one 1/2 national title in 50 years. Yeah, I don't get it either but tradition plays a big role in college football and as long as the fans and the media gravy train national championships won while the Kiser was still in power in Germany then there will be a big chasm between elite and top tier.

OklaU

Good point. Horn killer.  I'm over here at Hogville, but I usually don't even mention the Sooners, unless it's provoked.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Oliver

I love it when fans from Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, etc. trade insults about people living in trailer parks.