Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ellis Johnson to South Carolina...

Started by Tomhog™, January 24, 2008, 03:22:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

is looking more and more.

This isn't good for recruiting.  Under two weeks til Signing Day and we will be hunting for another D.C. instead of recruiting 100%.  May make some of the defensive recruits think twice. 

Deuce Pigelow

WTH!!

I just read and article today where his wife was always wanting to settle down in NWA. Just a couple of weeks on the job and he leaves for another one??

Hogginitall

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 24, 2008, 03:22:05 pm

This isn't good for recruiting.  Under two weeks til Signing Day and we will be hunting for another D.C. instead of recruiting 100%.  May make some of the defensive recruits think twice. 

What a sorry sucker, if true.  No defensive recruit is going to make a decision to come to a school that doesn't have a DC!  UUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

back2back

FTS = Feed the Studs

The_Hill

WTH?!?! I thought they already had VanGorder???
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: back2back on January 24, 2008, 03:28:07 pm
Is Orgeron already at another school?
That's a pretty good question.  He sucked as a HC, but he is one heck of a recruiter and always had a pretty solid D down at USC.

I don't think he has gone anywhere, but I don't know for sure.  Anyone know for sure?

Greyhands

WTH Dont they put these coaches under contract ..........

IcedOutHog

I agree with that.  He'd be a good addition this late in the game.  And a heck of a recruiter.

Orgeron's DC for the Saints, last I heard.
Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

Deuce Pigelow

Seen this morning where he took a position coaching job with some NFL team. Can't remember which one though.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 24, 2008, 03:32:30 pm
That's a pretty good question.  He sucked as a HC, but he is one heck of a recruiter and always had a pretty solid D down at USC.

I don't think he has gone anywhere, but I don't know for sure.  Anyone know for sure?

Orgeron accepted the position of defensive line coach with the Saints yesterday.

woo.pig

On January 23, 2008 it was announced that Orgeron had been hired as the Saints new defensive line coach

Hogtropolis™

Just found the answer.  He was hired as the D-line coach for the New Orleans Saints.  You might could talk him into leaving to come back to college as a DC, but who knows.

Who else would be out there this late in the game?  Not many coaches will leave their current staff this late.

Hogdomer

At his first press conference, he said he turned down the opportunity to work for Spurrier to come here.  What has changed?  Surely SC isn't going to pay substantially more than we are.

back2back

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 24, 2008, 03:36:06 pm
Just found the answer.  He was hired as the D-line coach for the New Orleans Saints.  You might could talk him into leaving to come back to college as a DC, but who knows.

Who else would be out there this late in the game?  Not many coaches will leave their current staff this late.

obviously Ellis isn't one of those coaches
FTS = Feed the Studs

The_Hill

Orgeron was just hired as the Defensive Line coach for the New Orleans Saints yesterday..
damnit beaten but anyways here is an article on it
http://www.sunherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/319627.html
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

Hogaliciousness

It will be handled as poetic irony by BSPN and others...  Just wait. 
I am ready for some football!

jgphillips3

Dear God...what a classless move so close to signing date.  If this is true, it is low class to leave when a recruiting class is hanging in the balance.  If he waited until after signing date, what would it hurt.  This isn't like Petrino leaving with three weeks in a season when everythings over, we have a recruiting class that is hanging by a thread defensively.  This sucks!

Oliver

Tomhog™

Quote from: Hogdomer on January 24, 2008, 03:37:18 pm
At his first press conference, he said he turned down the opportunity to work for Spurrier to come here.  What has changed?  Surely SC isn't going to pay substantially more than we are.

No, the PTB have opened up the purse.  It'd be worth an extra $100G to keep him at this point.  Damage to recruiting would be high on the defensive side.

Razorhogs

Link????  This goes against what I read today.

skeet2121

where is the proof he is gone anyone have a link to this??

Greyhands

The_Hill

Jon Tenuta is still available is he not?

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

The_Hill

Last I heard he was rumored for University of Washington not UCLA, but no one has confirmed anything yet...

LSPRazorbac

Reservoir Hogs

being announced on that link currently

VenturaHog

VenturaHog

SquidBilly

So now what do we do?  Any coordinator worth anything has probably already gotten a job at this point.  I wonder why he would decide to leave so soon after taking the job?  There has to be more to this story.....

back2back

this sucks... I hope we can get coach O
FTS = Feed the Studs

VenturaHog

Quote from: back2back on January 24, 2008, 04:08:41 pm
this sucks... I hope we can get coach O

He just became the saints D-line coach yesterday.

grayhawg

Another reason to kick SC's azz. We need to hang 50 on them next year.

VenturaHog

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 24, 2008, 04:08:12 pm
So now what do we do?  Any coordinator worth anything has probably already gotten a job at this point.  I wonder why he would decide to leave so soon after taking the job?  There has to be more to this story.....

He mentioned in his presser that he wanted to go to SC and almost went there, I imagine we offered him more and now SC has matched our offer, he is from there and his wife wants to go back.

back2back

Quote from: VenturaHog on January 24, 2008, 04:09:05 pm
He just became the saints D-line coach yesterday.

Maybe he hasn't inked anything yet though.
FTS = Feed the Studs

TX HOG

Greyhands

Quote from: TX HOG on January 24, 2008, 04:13:30 pm
why would he leave us to go to SC? 
Well lets see here , crossdressing is probly a regular event there so ya he should fit in

Hogaliciousness

Tomhog™

This, no doubt, leaves our defensive prospects and commits scratching their heads.  We might very well lose another few due to this.  This hasn't been a good day in Hog land coupled with news of Tyler Wilson focusing on baseball.

Hogaliciousness

TX HOG

Go get coach O.  He will keep and maybe even add some recruits

razorlite

Could this have happened at a worse time? Big recruiting weekend comming up and no DC.

VenturaHog

We're gonna need a hire in the next few days if we want to salvage a mediocre class. Buckle up this ride just got very bumpy.