Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL POST ABOUT Ellis Johnson leaving (GO HERE)

Started by YIKES, January 24, 2008, 11:39:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropkick

Quote from: vol_in_ar on January 24, 2008, 08:41:35 pm
wow
not even into spring ball and coaches are leaving
UT coaches are rolling............... They have recruits coming in this weekend so they have to make sure they have plenty of "cigars" ready.

LaBob

What does this latest "event" prove? That the "profession," aside from a few TRUE "old-schoolers," is filled with whores. That's it; move on!

GOAT

If this has been addressed in a previous post I'll apologize in advance, but just exactly how common is it to have someone on your staff for three weeks and not have them signed to a contract?  Maybe things are just so much different in the coaching game at the collegiate level than in other businesses, but to send someone out to recruit and sell his style and you can't even get him to sign a contract in three weeks sounds insane.

Surely after we signed Petrino we didn't get a case of amnesia and totally forget the Altman debacle, right?  Whoever is responsible for getting coaches to sign contracts needs to wake up a little. 

Holla,
GOAT

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longtimeHogfan

It's just another opportunity to excel.  I have complete confidence id BP to make the right choice.  (Whoa, it feels good to say that again).
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hogdomer

Quote from: GOAT on January 25, 2008, 10:13:34 am
If this has been addressed in a previous post I'll apologize in advance, but just exactly how common is it to have someone on your staff for three weeks and not have them signed to a contract?  Maybe things are just so much different in the coaching game at the collegiate level than in other businesses, but to send someone out to recruit and sell his style and you can't even get him to sign a contract in three weeks sounds insane.

Surely after we signed Petrino we didn't get a case of amnesia and totally forget the Altman debacle, right?  Whoever is responsible for getting coaches to sign contracts needs to wake up a little. 

Holla,
GOAT

Apparently it's pretty common.  For instance, during the Kentucky/Tennessee game the other night, the announcers said that Gillespie still hasn't signed a contract with Kentucky.

OnYourToes

Quote from: LaBob on January 25, 2008, 09:51:50 am
What does this latest "event" prove? That the "profession," aside from a few TRUE "old-schoolers," is filled with whores. That's it; move on!

"What" are you "talking" about?   ;)
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Smokehouse

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 24, 2008, 11:10:25 pm
HEY!!! the special olympics was looking at Shiebest,but only as an assistant

I thought they wanted him to compete.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

msikes