Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt lands another one.

Started by JIHawg, January 22, 2008, 08:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

David†

FYI,the car is called a Yugo.

dqhog33

Big deal, we needed Matt jones at qb here moron, and Wilson at WR.  Matt Jones was an awesome QB and could be doing better than some starting qb's in the NFL right now.  Geroge Wilson was a good college WR and we had plenty of DB's then

dqhog33

Didnt do the research huh Wes?  You couldnt find 25 with more starters, I knew you couldnt.  Good try though JOKE, check your Private Message

Dropkick

Derjen

January 25, 2008, 02:44:54 pm #104 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:46:25 pm by Derjen
Quote from: JIHawg on January 22, 2008, 08:11:49 pm
Thank goodness we don't have to live with this anymore.  This kid is not even rated.

From Rivals-
Ole Miss head coach Houston Nutt continues to add names to the 2008 signing class that are off the radar screen of many fans and other schools.

Nutt said taking Harris was a "no-brainer"
On Tuesday, he got a commitment from Melvin Harris, a 6-foot-6, 190 pound wide receiver who played last season for state champion (Class AA) Buford. Ga., a team that posted a 15-0 record.

Harris' commitment was confirmed by Buford head coach Jess Simpson on Tuesday evening.

"He was very much off everyone's radar," Simpson said. "There was no junior tape of him to speak off and he's only recently gotten attention from numerous schools."

By no-brainer, did he mean "if you don't have a brain, you can make that call, brutha!!!"  ;D

dqhog33

LOL have u seen TJ in the NFL, AWFUL, he has no clue.  Great arm but cant play QB, just cant do it.  Matt Jones was a great playmaker at qb and won us several games.  He couldnt win us several at WR.  TJ was AWFUL

dqhog33

gnick4 are you also dumb enough to say that 25 colleges have more than 4 starting OL in the NFL, ARE YOU?

dqhog33

Matt Jones was not a great college QB?  That is a laughable statement, he carried Nutter for years

dqhog33

Matt Jones was a great QB for the University of Arkansas bottom line.  But im sure you would rather have Mitch Mustain

dqhog33

You clueless Moron you can be a great college Qb and not play in the NFL, there are several.  Have you seen Pat White play, he will never sniff qb in the NFL, doesnt mean he isnt great in college

dqhog33

And I say again Im sure Matt Jones could do better than some of the current NFL starters.  Lets see would you rather have Cleo Lemon for the Dolphins, Troy Smith for the Ravens, Rex Grossman for the BEars, Alex Smith for the 49ers, Brodie Croyle for the CHiefs LMFAO?  Oh yeah I forgot T-Jack, and if you think he is good watch the guy play a game, AWFUL

ConwayHog

Sounds like the "Mystery Recruit" to me.  Can't believe Georgia didn't offer him a scholarship.

DenaoStyle

Quote from: dqhog33 on January 25, 2008, 01:55:00 pm
Jason Peters, Brandon Burlsworth was a 0 star, best lineman ever at arkansas
Johnathon Luigas, all american, you are a complete moron

As far as Peters goes, he was a consensus top 100 recruit nationally, not exactly a diamond in the rough...the fact that he was never put at his true position has already been documented.

Burlsworth and Bobbie Williams were both recruited and primarily coached up by the previous staff, so they should get as much, if not more, credit than Markuson

b0sc0b

Quote from: JIHawg on January 22, 2008, 08:11:49 pm
Thank goodness we don't have to live with this anymore.  This kid is not even rated.

From Rivals-
Ole Miss head coach Houston Nutt continues to add names to the 2008 signing class that are off the radar screen of many fans and other schools.

Nutt said taking Harris was a "no-brainer"
On Tuesday, he got a commitment from Melvin Harris, a 6-foot-6, 190 pound wide receiver who played last season for state champion (Class AA) Buford. Ga., a team that posted a 15-0 record.

Harris' commitment was confirmed by Buford head coach Jess Simpson on Tuesday evening.

"He was very much off everyone's radar," Simpson said. "There was no junior tape of him to speak off and he's only recently gotten attention from numerous schools."
It's easy for it to be a "no brainer" when you don't use your brain to begin with. ::)
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: thefuture on January 22, 2008, 09:27:38 pm
WELL nick by the way you were talking i didn't know if you knew what commas etc... were   im talking about  nutt's mostly unheralded group of o lineman thats all your dead wrong in your assessment (sorry if that's over you head)  but nutt did have hella  offensive lineman that most were very low stars which i have to explain to you that they mostly were projects p.s. know your facts we dont have time for people that are guessing that is what message boards are notorious for

I think Nick's point was that a project OL under Markuson's watch is something that we have seen work out well in a number of cases.  What we have NEVER seen is a QB or WR progress in this case.  Everyone knew what Monk was capable of accomplishing and yet he never did.