Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt lands another one.

Started by JIHawg, January 22, 2008, 08:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Thank goodness we don't have to live with this anymore.  This kid is not even rated.

From Rivals-
Ole Miss head coach Houston Nutt continues to add names to the 2008 signing class that are off the radar screen of many fans and other schools.

Nutt said taking Harris was a "no-brainer"
On Tuesday, he got a commitment from Melvin Harris, a 6-foot-6, 190 pound wide receiver who played last season for state champion (Class AA) Buford. Ga., a team that posted a 15-0 record.

Harris' commitment was confirmed by Buford head coach Jess Simpson on Tuesday evening.

"He was very much off everyone's radar," Simpson said. "There was no junior tape of him to speak off and he's only recently gotten attention from numerous schools."

Big Daddy

big john

i bet he is a gem in the makeing lol ,i rember some these guys just came out no were ,that never play or never see the field.
john goodwin

SquidBilly

Seems like a good size for a downfield blocker.  Seriously though Buford is one of the strongest programs here in Georgia.  He may have just been overshadowed by TJ Pridemore and Omar Hunter but I would imagine at his size that if he had the skills to match someone would have found out about him before Nutt did.

tophawg19

6 ft 6 must have shown him some monk videos
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

6 ft 6 190 dude must look like an ethopian on slim fast

JIHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 22, 2008, 08:20:21 pm
6 ft 6 must have shown him some monk videos

Funny you mention this-later in the article Nutt was quoted as telling the kid he was ahead of Monk at this stage.

COCHISE

January 22, 2008, 08:27:34 pm #7 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:31:57 pm by 870 RZR
The first hit from an SEC safety will break the kid in half.

Scout lists him at 6'7" 185,.....that's po.
http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=3563879

tophawg19

yeah that's nutt he'll say anything to sign a player . hopefuly this kid isn't that dumb. a 6.6 wr will cause match up problems in the red zone

thefuture

YOU GUYS GET OFF NUTT HE HAS TURNED MANY 2 STAR PLAYERS INTO STARTERS IN THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA YEA ARKANSAS WASNT A GOOD FIT GIVE THE MAN A BREAK LOW CLASS IF I REMEMBER BESIDES ANDREWS OUR OL WERE LOW RATED THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN THAT DEPT SHOW SOME RESPECT A LITTLE ATLEAST

The_Bionic_Pig

Not a bad propect at all 1st Team All-State (Class2A) selection for the '07 campaign. Helped team to a 15-0 record and State Championship.  30 catches for 660 yards and 8 TD's.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hog_fan

How many players does Nutt want to sign. he can only enroll 25 so looks like to someone to me will have scholarship pulled last minute when more then 25 qualify

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: thefuture on January 22, 2008, 08:32:47 pm
YOU GUYS GET OFF NUTT HE HAS TURNED MANY 2 STAR PLAYERS INTO STARTERS IN THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN AMERICA YEA ARKANSAS WASNT A GOOD FIT GIVE THE MAN A BREAK LOW CLASS IF I REMEMBER BESIDES ANDREWS OUR OL WERE LOW RATED THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN THAT DEPT SHOW SOME RESPECT A LITTLE ATLEAST

go to ole miss with your hero

hog_fan

Hey tP go to Oxford and to the ole miss board. I will enjoy  enjoy  it when his career is finished.

Coach Obvious

~

COCHISE

January 22, 2008, 08:43:17 pm #15 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:47:04 pm by 870 RZR
nevermind

BERLY_HOGMAN

This guy has the skills and the talent to be the best... I can really see him doing just as many great things on the field as I have done... Greatness recognizes Greatness...

Signed,

Chris Baker

SquidBilly

I just went to the Buford Wolves website and he should fit in quite well down at Ole Miss.  This team was a running team over 90% of the time.  Their QB ran it, their RB ran it, and they had a fullback that would run it.  Most of their games were out of hand early so this guy could have been 2nd string piling up his stats.

RationalHog

Quote from: BERLY_HOGMAN on January 22, 2008, 08:46:20 pm
This guy has the skills and the talent to be the best... I can really see him doing just as many great things on the field as I have done... Greatness recognizes Greatness...

Signed,

Chris Baker
Dang Dog, that was ice cold.
"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.  Reality lies somewhere in the middle." - Lou Holtz

FBPLAYER65

This sounds like another Jonathan Barry.

shshark00

What's the best way to respond to this?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

jep_hog_fan

January 22, 2008, 08:49:31 pm #21 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:52:46 pm by jep_hog_fan

What the he**??? They not teach punctuation where you're from??? Seems to me I remember quite a few EXCELENT O Lineman. Name Burlsworth ring a bell?? SO PACK UP AND MOVE IN WITH NUTT AT OLE PISS WE HAVE A COACH NOW SEEMS LIKE A GOOD FIT WITH PETRINO CAN'T WAIT TO WAX NUTT THIS YEAR HOPE TO BE THERE BUT DOUBT THERE WILL BE A TICKET ANYWHERE LESS THAT $500

The Realist

Nutt cannot comment on recruits...so how was he able to say it was a no brainer
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

PulledPork

diamond in the rough, he is a pure athahleet!

Pulled In!

thefuture

RAZOR AND HOLLYWOOD I BLEED RZRBACK RED ALL IM SAYING IS GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THE OL HE BROUGHT IN MARK THIS HE WILL HAVE A HELLACIOUS RUNNING GAME IN HIS TENURE AT OLE PISS  have some sense he knows how to run the ball which a weird part of me respects smash mouth football butt.....go hogs  fU k ole piss do you gusy agree no disrespect at all but he does run that ball

jghog

must be a good downfield blocker

thefuture

Jep i dont know if you can remember burls was a former walk on that was a decade ago so i would appreciate an intelligent conversation on this just with your facts correct about his effectiveness at getting project ol for the most part and us being consistently top 5 nationally in rushing

shshark00

Quote from: thefuture on January 22, 2008, 08:54:45 pm
RAZOR AND HOLLYWOOD I BLEED RZRBACK RED ALL IM SAYING IS GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR THE OL HE BROUGHT IN MARK THIS HE WILL HAVE A HELLACIOUS RUNNING GAME IN HIS TENURE AT OLE PISS  have some sense he knows how to run the ball which a weird part of me respects smash mouth football butt.....go hogs  fU k ole piss do you gusy agree no disrespect at all but he does run that ball

Unfortunately this guy is a WR not an O-lineman. How many 2* or less WRs has Nutt recruited and developed into excellent players?

And Jammal Anderson doesn't count.

Fletch

"Son, you could be the next Sam Breeden."

Houston Nutt
I feel like $100

invisiblehand

at least we know who to double cover the next four years whenever we play them.

invisiblehand

Quote from: Fletch on January 22, 2008, 09:03:27 pm
"Son, you could be the next Sam Breeden."

Houston Nutt

+1.  well played sir.

BERLY_HOGMAN

Quote from: shshark00 on January 22, 2008, 09:01:51 pm
Unfortunately this guy is a WR not an O-lineman. How many 2* or less WRs has Nutt recruited and developed into excellent players?

And Jammal Anderson doesn't count.

What is zero, Alex...

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: thefuture on January 22, 2008, 08:58:47 pm
Jep i dont know if you can remember burls was a former walk on that was a decade ago so i would appreciate an intelligent conversation on this just with your facts correct about his effectiveness at getting project ol for the most part and us being consistently top 5 nationally in rushing

You said the O lineman were LOW RATED, not 1 or 2 star RECRUITS. Now had you said low rated coming in then it would be a different story. The way you made it sound they were low rated thruoghout thier tenures. As far as smash mouth football, I don't have a problem with being top 5 rushing year in and year out. WHAT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS A 2-5 BOWL RECORD and a .500 conference record. You can run the ball down everybody's throat, but you have to be efficient everywhere. Nutt will flop there just like he did here. Only thing that did keep him from being a sub 500 coach in the SEC here are the Cobbs and Dmacs that wold have been hogs if Tommy West was coach.

shshark00

thefuture

are you guys not goin to acknowledge the offensive linemman that mostly were lowly recruited and nutt and staff  turned into 1st 2nd  all sec c mon now let start this conversation up guys i am aware you have to be two dimensional especially in the sec but he had the best o lineman we will see in a while go hogs

SquidBilly

Why don't you just go down to Hootie's office and bend over for him?  Maybe when he's done with you he'll give you a scholarship offer too.  It worked for another guy earlier this year. :)

thefuture

nick you totally missed my point read my posts hopefully u might comprehend

shshark00

Quote from: thefuture on January 22, 2008, 09:14:13 pm
are you guys not goin to acknowledge the offensive linemman that mostly were lowly recruited and nutt and staff  turned into 1st 2nd  all sec c mon now let start this conversation up guys i am aware you have to be two dimensional especially in the sec but he had the best o lineman we will see in a while go hogs

Yes, its acknowledged. But you went off on a rant trying to compare O-lineman development (which there has been some) to a WR. A position that Nutt wouldn't know how to develop if you gave him supplements and a dark room. 

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: thefuture on January 22, 2008, 09:15:36 pm
nick you totally missed my point read my posts hopefully u might comprehend

Please, one last time......PUNCTUATION!!!!!  PERIODS, COMMAS, CAPITOLS WHERE NEW SENTENCES START. We get it, your opinion is Nutt brought in low rated players out of HS and JUCO and "TRANSFORMED" them into starters in the toughest conference in football. That still does not make him a great coach. I've heard motivator, but how many times did they lose a heartbreaker only to turn around the next week and lose to a team ranked lower than them? A great motivator shouldn't have any trouble getting a team hyped for that. Nutt was  (and is) a slightly above average coach.

thefuture

jEP I AGREE YOU ARE RIGHT ITS A TWO WAY STREET JUST MAKING  A   POINT

thefuture

WELL nick by the way you were talking i didn't know if you knew what commas etc... were   im talking about  nutt's mostly unheralded group of o lineman thats all your dead wrong in your assessment (sorry if that's over you head)  but nutt did have hella  offensive lineman that most were very low stars which i have to explain to you that they mostly were projects p.s. know your facts we dont have time for people that are guessing that is what message boards are notorious for

razorbrass

6-6, yeah he should be a good pickup for Houston and Danny in those 3 on 3 games.

While we at it, I can't wait to hear from our good friend Archie after he sees the Quarterback killa' in action.  I want to see him on CBS pre-game show eating some crow.

Carry on!
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

jgphillips3

Turn off the all caps and punctuate if you want anyone to take you seriously.  Nutt does not deserve our respect.  He cost himself that admiration with his bush league antics and lies.  If you think he deserves respect, then you have believed the lies and/or just can't handle the truth.

thefuture

sorry jep im writing fast drinking beer if you would like me to extremely punctuate i will i know that some people dont understand if things are not exactly punctuated i will be slower just for you ok dont worry you will be able to comprehend from now on

thefuture

hey phillips i dont know if you remember but in 98 we had ponie stickers in preseason so we could possibly beat s.m.u the powerhouse give him some credit thats all yea he screwed up but give him his due its hard to do on moveon.org sorry excuse me hogville

rmbsab

regi

Quote from: JIHawg on January 22, 2008, 08:11:49 pm
Thank goodness we don't have to live with this anymore.  This kid is not even rated.

From Rivals-
Ole Miss head coach Houston Nutt continues to add names to the 2008 signing class that are off the radar screen of many fans and other schools.

Nutt said taking Harris was a "no-brainer"
On Tuesday, he got a commitment from Melvin Harris, a 6-foot-6, 190 pound wide receiver who played last season for state champion (Class AA) Buford. Ga., a team that posted a 15-0 record.

Harris' commitment was confirmed by Buford head coach Jess Simpson on Tuesday evening.

"He was very much off everyone's radar," Simpson said. "There was no junior tape of him to speak off and he's only recently gotten attention from numerous schools."

Coach Simpson is a great coach and runs a great program. Buford has been a power in North Metro Atlanta as well as the state for years. Having said that, I must say,NOBODY at Buford is "off the radar" because of coach Simpson. He does a great job selling his kids. This is typical Nutt, Markuson, Vaughn panic, this is why you go 4-4 or worse more than you go 6-2 or better in the SEC. Look at that commit list, his last 3 commits are all projects.

nahnahrenee

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 22, 2008, 08:33:02 pm
Not a bad propect at all 1st Team All-State (Class2A) selection for the '07 campaign. Helped team to a 15-0 record and State Championship.  30 catches for 660 yards and 8 TD's.

But can he block?
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

tbhogfan

Ole Miss: 26 commitments 11 2*, 1 NR.   Nearly HALF of their commits are 2* or NR.

Despite having 10 more commits than Arkansas, they are barely ahead of us in Rivals standings.

Nutt at his finest.
Go Hogs!