Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do we target first in 09?

Started by ListenHereMister, January 22, 2008, 10:57:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ListenHereMister

We have already offered:
OL-Cody(Colby?) Berna- Fayetteville
DL-Derek Johnson-Hoxie
QB-Russell Shepherd-Texas(Keep Dreaming)
ATH-Nathan Schelese?-Kansas City

Who gets the next offers?
DL-Eric Smiley-West Memphis
WR-Quin Franklin-Warren
QB-Phillip Butterfield-Lake Hamilton
WR-Neal Barlow-PA
RB-Samaj Edwards-Northside
TE-Ed Hazelett-Indianapolis
CB-Dijon Benton-Bryant
S-Greg Carter-El Dorado

Also, could someone please tell me why we haven't offered OL Brrandon Webb
from Owasso, OK.  Top 100 Rivals Player.  6'4 290 lbs.  5.3 40 time.
Owasso is just as close to UA as OU and OSU!!

#1 STUNNA

ListenHereMister

Thanks Stunna.
Does he want to follow his teammates to the Hill?

arklahoman36

Quote from: ListenHereMister on January 22, 2008, 10:57:07 am
We have already offered:
DL-Derek Johnson-Hoxie

WR-Quin Franklin-Warren
WR-Neal Barlow-PA
CB-Dijon Benton-Bryant
S-Greg Carter-El Dorado

With regard to Webb, they're probably more concentrated on '08 than '09 at this point.

RUSTY4ME

Anyone heard of Troy Thew in Mt.Ida small class 2a school as a junior had almost 1000 yds recieving,also led team in interceptions,returned kicks,and 3rd most in tackles.Will be a senior this coming up year. By the way Mt.Ida won state championship this year.

Flying Razorback

I'd like to see Coach Petrino target a big name anchor on defense.  Someone who can have the same factor as Mallett on the field while RM is waiting to get back in.  You see that Lauranitis kid from Ohio State and Long from Virginia making big plays and being called the second coming at their positions and we haven't had someone really hold down the field on that side in a few years.  If we can get a 5 star at linebacker or on the defensive line I think it'll really take us up the next step during the 2010 season.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: ListenHereMister on January 22, 2008, 12:08:30 pm
Thanks Stunna.
Does he want to follow his teammates to the Hill?

I think he will be a hog, ole miss and mississippi state have also offered

jhudson84

jpenrod1

Quote from: RUSTY4ME on January 22, 2008, 12:38:23 pm
Anyone heard of Troy Thew in Mt.Ida small class 2a school as a junior had almost 1000 yds recieving,also led team in interceptions,returned kicks,and 3rd most in tackles.Will be a senior this coming up year. By the way Mt.Ida won state championship this year.

How big is he, and how fast?

novack2

We have already offered:
DL-Derek Johnson-Hoxie

WR-Quin Franklin-Warren
WR-Neal Barlow-PA
CB-Dijon Benton-Bryant
S-Greg Carter-El Dorado

I know Butterfield hasn't heard from the new staff up on the Hill yet. I know RM being a Hog will hurt the chances of getting Butterfield.

jackflash

I don't who will be next?  But if their good enough they will offered soon enough. Not like the other staff.

valpocrusader

January 22, 2008, 02:45:30 pm #11 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 02:47:28 pm by valpocrusader
If you look it up, James (Little Animal) Laurinitis was a 3-star LB out of Minnesota.  We may have the next "second coming" or defensive anchor" already walking around on campus with the right coaching

saywhat?

Quote from: jackflash on January 22, 2008, 02:27:44 pm
I don't who will be next?  But if their good enough they will offered soon enough. Not like the other staff.

Berna will be the first commit and it will be soon.

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

arkjay19

Why keep dreaming?  If I'm not mistaken, this kid has had Arkansas listed as one of his favorite schools for quite some time.  Now, Arkansas has made a big upgrade with Petrino.  Shepherd would be behind Mallett, and being the fastest of the quarterbacks, we would probably see him used as Tebow in 2006 and Perilloux in 2007.

ListenHereMister

I say "Keep Dreaming" because I hear he wants to be the next Vince Young
at UT!

Hawgballz

Quote from: arkhog9 on January 23, 2008, 09:42:24 am
Why keep dreaming?  If I'm not mistaken, this kid has had Arkansas listed as one of his favorite schools for quite some time.  Now, Arkansas has made a big upgrade with Petrino.  Shepherd would be behind Mallett, and being the fastest of the quarterbacks, we would probably see him used as Tebow in 2006 and Perilloux in 2007.

He is a heavy, heavy Texass lean.

arklahoman36

I wonder if Shepherd completes less than 50 pct of his passes because receivers are dropping the ball or he's just not developed as a passer.

Hog_of_the_HILL

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 23, 2008, 12:04:03 pm
He is a heavy, heavy Texass lean.

If I'm not mistaken Texas already has the next Vince Young, He was a freshman this year who's last name started with an S
It was worth the wait

ChefMasterGT

I think the Tx freshmen they have is name chiles...

Hog_of_the_HILL

yea thats right i couldnt really remember what it was lol
It was worth the wait

back2back

January 24, 2008, 12:28:39 am #21 Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:00:27 am by back2back
Quote from: RUSTY4ME on January 22, 2008, 12:38:23 pm

haha... Not really meaing any offense on  this but I've seen him play and he's not SEC material. He might could play for a  Gulf South school though.
FTS = Feed the Studs

yraciv

44th overall in nation, DT 10 minutes from campus!  Eric Smiley should be priority #1.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=74756&Sport=1

back2back

January 24, 2008, 12:59:29 am #23 Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:22:03 pm by back2back
My list: (In no particular order)

OL-Cody Berna - Fayetteville
DL-Derek Johnson -Hoxie
QB-Russell Shepherd -Texas
ATH-Nathan Schelese -Kansas City
ATH- Montrell Conner -Monroe
RB - Chris Whaley - Madisonville, Tx
DT - Eric Smiley - Helena
WR - Marlon Brown - Memphis, Tn
WR- Rueben Randle - Bastrop, La
DT - Jamarkus McFarland - Lufkin, Tx
QB - Phillip Butterfield - Lake Hamilton

FTS = Feed the Studs

Hawgballz

Quote from: yraciv on January 24, 2008, 12:44:17 am
44th overall in nation, DT 10 minutes from campus!  Eric Smiley should be priority #1.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=74756&Sport=1

He is in Helena which is a little more than 10 miles from campus.

jackflash

My vote goes for McFarland for Lufkin, Tx.  Just read in a football recruiting book, he his considered the NO 2 recruit in the country for next year, after a kid from CA

F-villeHog

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 24, 2008, 12:00:31 pm

It says he is going to Shiloh

sivad53

I like marlon brown also out of harding academy....im from memphis and harding never has football talent that i know of.  But he looks like a stud.

arkjay19

Russel Shepherd should be #1 priority.  What if he is a heavy Texas lean?  What's there to lose?  Petrino + SEC + Facilities = favorable pitch for a quarterback, no matter where he is committed.

Hawgballz

Quote from: F-villeHog on January 24, 2008, 06:49:23 pm
It says he is going to Shiloh

and they are incorrect.  He is from Helena.  He moved there from Seattle, WA, I believe.

johnfanman

Last time I checked...Helena, AR...was by the Mississippi River...so how is that 10 minutes from Fayetteville campus? I'm just curious
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

Hawgballz

Quote from: johnfanman on January 25, 2008, 01:55:49 pm
Last time I checked...Helena, AR...was by the Mississippi River...so how is that 10 minutes from Fayetteville campus? I'm just curious

Duh, go back and read the post that I was responding to.  It is called sarcasm.

yraciv

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 25, 2008, 06:47:07 pm
Duh, go back and read the post that I was responding to.  It is called sarcasm.

I thought 10 min. from Shiloh obviously.  I made a mistake because rivals has the wrong school listed.

Wu Tang Clan

We have already offered:
DL-Derek Johnson-Hoxie

WR-Quin Franklin-Warren
WR-Neal Barlow-PA
CB-Dijon Benton-Bryant
S-Greg Carter-El Dorado

Eric Smiley is from West Helena not West Memphis. 

Wu Tang Clan

We have already offered:
DL-Derek Johnson-Hoxie

WR-Quin Franklin-Warren
WR-Neal Barlow-PA
CB-Dijon Benton-Bryant
S-Greg Carter-El Dorado

I have seen Dijon Benton play and he is not a corner.  He is more of a safety in the mold of a Freddy Burton who could move down to linebacker with a year in the weight room.

Amityvillehogger

You have to get kids like Smiley that are in your own backyard.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Shakey

You have to get Smiley.  He is a STUD.  While you are at it, you need to get his QB as an athlete, Deandre Johnson.  He may be the best skill player in the state next year.  I'm not from West Helena, but I've seen both of these young men play.

Rivals has Smiley listed as a DT, but I saw him play as a very aggressive DE, so he could do either.

cowboy_hawg

I haven't seen Phillip Butterfield play, but I have a buddy that has (more than once), he lives in Hot Springs and says this kid can throw the football.  I am not sure with the recent QB's on campus and the two committed that we could get him or need him????
cowboy_hawg

Shakey

Quote from: cowboy_hawg on January 26, 2008, 11:38:30 am
I haven't seen Phillip Butterfield play, but I have a buddy that has (more than once), he lives in Hot Springs and says this kid can throw the football.  I am not sure with the recent QB's on campus and the two committed that we could get him or need him????
Great to get, could battle it out to be the starter in time, but I don't think he's a necessity with Mallett, Wilson, and Youngblood on their way.

Hawgballz

Quote from: cowboy_hawg on January 26, 2008, 11:38:30 am

Very accurate, extremely good touch, but not a real strong arm.  I would say he is in the low 3* area, a notch below our 2 current commits, but well ahead of some others who have been recruited to the hill before.  BTW, in the games I have seen he has been impressive at safety, reads the QB well & goes and gets the ball.

titanhawg

How bout Justin Carney, OL from DeWitt?  I believe he's being recruited by Arkansas and will get an offer soon if he doesn't already have one.

RazorBassin

Mike Shelton

I think we should go after the deep snapper/center for Fort Smith North Side "Jesse Soto" i believe he is 6'0 230lbs. he has won various awards at different competitions in the state from what i understand. he is dead on acurate. ive seen him play. anyone else seen anything on this guy?

LM RZRBCK 29

Quote from: sivad53 on January 24, 2008, 07:11:52 pm
I like marlon brown also out of harding academy....im from memphis and harding never has football talent that i know of.  But he looks like a stud.

Im from Searcy and Harding Academy always has a very, very talented football team. They get a lot of talent to go and play there instead of staying in public school at Searcy. Part of the reason Searcy hasn't done jack squat since Dacus graduated. I dont know if HA has D1 talent but a lot of thier players go on and play at Harding Univ. I dont know of the kid you speak of but i can look into it and see what i can find out about him.
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

back2back

February 07, 2008, 05:41:36 pm #44 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:56:31 pm by back2back
Quote from: RazorLance™ on February 07, 2008, 05:29:15 pm
Im from Searcy and Harding Academy always has a very, very talented football team. They get a lot of talent to go and play there instead of staying in public school at Searcy. Part of the reason Searcy hasn't done jack squat since Dacus graduated. I dont know if HA has D1 talent but a lot of thier players go on and play at Harding Univ. I dont know of the kid you speak of but i can look into it and see what i can find out about him.

This kid is a 6'5 brother at Harding Academy in Tenn. You guys in Searcy don't ever have anything but caucasians.
FTS = Feed the Studs

proud2bpork

Aren't there a couple of guys out of Pine Bluff High School that are supposed to be very good?  I'm thinking one is a QB. 

later.  proud

yraciv

Quote from: proud2bpork on February 07, 2008, 05:43:33 pm
Aren't there a couple of guys out of Pine Bluff High School that are supposed to be very good?  I'm thinking one is a QB. 

later.  proud

the QB is a 2010 prospect

Sportsguy120

didnt butterfield try out as a safety during the jr camp last year?
and the smiley kid from what ive heard is moving back to washington

Shizzle

Quote from: back2back on January 24, 2008, 12:28:39 am
haha... Not really meaing any offense on  this but I've seen him play and he's not SEC material. He might could play for a  Gulf South school though.
Quote from: back2back on January 24, 2008, 12:28:39 am

I have watched this kid play once a year ever since he has been playing football. He catches everything that comes his was and is a gamer without a doubt. He is however like most small school kids lacking size and speed. I think he will play college at some level just wont be the SEC
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

back2back

February 07, 2008, 06:17:55 pm #49 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 06:30:47 pm by back2back
Quote from: Shizzle on February 07, 2008, 06:03:58 pm

I have watched this kid play once a year ever since he has been playing football. He catches everything that comes his was and is a gamer without a doubt. He is however like most small school kids lacking size and speed. I think he will play college at some level just wont be the SEC

Did you watch him when he was a Soph or Fresh? No. Is he better than the Wr's that went through your alma mater a few years ago? No. They are playing for a D-3 school last I heard. And like you said he can't play in the SEC, and due to his geographic location the Gulf South would be the most logical choice. Wouldn't you agree?
FTS = Feed the Studs