Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It wasn't pretty but it was a win.............

Started by Pigonometry, January 10, 2008, 10:58:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigonometry

and since we've only won 7 on the road in the last seven year, I'll take it................
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Hogtropolis™

I was thinking the exact same thing.  I thought we should have won by more going into the game, but it doesn't matter now.  We won and that is all that matters.  Next up...Bama.

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

CurlyTail

Win's a win, I'll take it, but I'm definitely not encouraged right now.

HamHands

It seemed like the Road "monkey" was getting in their head at the end. It was a good win against a scrappy Tiger team.
One day at a time.

Head Dahn Hog

It wasn't pretty, but they all count the same.  Any time you can get a road win in this league, it's big.
Go Hogs!
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

RedSatinHog

A road W is a road W, no matter how you slice it.  I'll take it and be glad for the fact that we're now alot better than we were a year ago.  The team would've freaked out in the second half of a close ballgame last year.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

The Realist

Quote from: HoginHeat on January 10, 2008, 11:00:48 pm
It seemed like the Road "monkey" was getting in their head at the end. It was a good win against a scrappy Tiger team.
Seeing Beverley's reaction after the game should tell you he definitly felt the monkey on his back.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Ouachihog

We have lost to several SEC teams just as bad, or worse, than Auburn over the last 5 years.  I'll take the win.

With that said, we're no better than 8-8 SEC with that effort tonight.  7-17 free throws?  Are you serious???  We shot better from 3 pt range than from the free throw line!

Key to the game - Auburn finished 9-35 from 3 point range after starting 5-8. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."