Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eric Gordon

Started by Hoggy1, January 08, 2008, 11:59:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy1

is this kid not the best player in the nation this year?

To me he is kind of flying under the radar to Beasley and Mayo, but I believe Eric Gordon is the best freshman and best player in the country. 

Tonight he dropped 23 points on Michigan, and while 23 points isn't the biggest scoring night....it's how he managed those 23.

He has more range than anyone I can think of since J.J Redick a few years back.  His ability to cut reminds me of Iverson when he was at Georgetown.

Plain and simple if you haven't had a chance to watch Indiana and E. Gordon, you should sit down and watch, if not DVR the next game they play.  This kid is a player.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

CurlyTail

No doubt. I remember that high school game last year on ESPN where he played against Mayo and all the hype was over Mayo. EG stole the show from him that night, wasn't even close really.

I wouldn't quite rank him ahead of Beasley yet though. That kid is just a flat out beast.

L.A.

Of all the top fresh. this year I like Gordon, Beasley, Love, and Anderson all above Mayo.

Grateful Hog

Gordon and Beasley are the top 2 with Love coming in a close third. Would give the edge to Gordon. He is a complete baller. Beasley is a beast though. These guys are averaging 22+ points per game. Bev is our top with 12??????

HawgG

I think I heard some of the college basketball analyst say they can't remember when this many good freshmen were in college basketball at the sametime.

The NBA draft will be interesting this year as we may see 1 year players dominate the first round.Three and Four year college players will be pushed way down to make room for the studs that will be coming out after just a year.

CurlyTail

Quote from: HawgG on January 09, 2008, 06:43:37 pm
I think I heard some of the college basketball analyst say they can't remember when this many good freshmen were in college basketball at the sametime.

Definitely. This is why I like the new rule that you have to be a year removed from high school before you can go to the NBA.

The Realist

Eric Gordon is the best pure player in the game.  I think its funny that he played Michael Jordan as a kid in spacejam
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

CurlyTail

The myth is actually that he played Jordan's son in the movie, and it's just that, a myth. Both he and his mother have said that it's not true.