Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC slips, slides while ‘reloading’

Started by Tomhog™, January 08, 2008, 09:37:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Even though I like to see this Kentucky slide, it really isn't helpful for the conference overall.  I'd say SEC isn't even the 2nd or 3rd best conference in the nation.  Maybe the grind of the SEC will toughen the teams and ready them for the NCAAT.

Too bad for Tulane's basketball team the Green Wave isn't still a member of the SEC.

Tulane, which competed in the conference for 34 years before withdrawing in 1965, is 3-0 against SEC teams this season with victories against Auburn, Georgia and LSU.

No offense to the Green Wave, but it's not supposed to be beating up on the SEC.

click here for more

kuhog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 08, 2008, 09:37:29 am
Even though I like to see this Kentucky slide, it really isn't helpful for the conference overall.  I'd say SEC isn't even the 2nd or 3rd best conference in the nation.  Maybe the grind of the SEC will toughen the teams and ready them for the NCAAT.

Too bad for Tulane's basketball team the Green Wave isn't still a member of the SEC.

Tulane, which competed in the conference for 34 years before withdrawing in 1965, is 3-0 against SEC teams this season with victories against Auburn, Georgia and LSU.

No offense to the Green Wave, but it's not supposed to be beating up on the SEC.

click here for more

I'd say the SEC is the worst conference among the major conferences. At least according to the RPI rankings.

Mikey

The SEC sucks this year.  College BB in general has been steadily sliding down hill for years with all the players going straight to the pros or only staying one or two years in college.  I wish they'd make college players stay 3 years so teams can build some continuity.

BrooklynRoss

Yeah, we're coming in to a time when soon all the best players will be freshmen. Good thing we have a nice recruiting class for next year.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.