Hogs beat Baylor 85-78

Started by Hogeyeblind, January 05, 2008, 10:46:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeyeblind

nice win by hogs

weems with a big game

redbarn

A great great win for the Hogs. 
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

Qbackinman

That's a real good win.

Made Baylor look average down the stretch too.

HogK

Bayor came into this game 11-1.  Now they are 11-2.  WPS!!!!!!!!!   Great win away from BWA!

pigheaded

That was a very impressive comeback.
I had tentatively marked this as a loss.
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

40MINSOFHELL

now we are 1-2 on the road :D better than what heath could have done

jgphillips3

Good win.  Still a lot of inconsistency in this team, but I am so happy to see another team play snake-bitten down the stretch instead of us.  If they can just maintain this level of intensity, they should do fine in conference play.  Congratulations Hogs...especially Weems and Thomas.

CurlyTail

Great win tonight Hogs

:razorback: :razorback:

HogMavFan

Great game and I know we couldn't have won without Weems but am I the only one that thinks he may be the dumbest player that has ever played here. 4pt lead with four minutes...run as fast as you can, lower your shoulder and plow into the defense...no time off the clock...immediately after on the defense we had a Baylor player trapped and turning the ball over and Weems runs in, reaches around and fouls to bail them out. If he would use his brain..he could play in the NBA. Maybe the most physical ability of anyone in a long time just needs to improve his basketball IQ.

blacksuit

We were down at half, but outscored them 44-30 in the second! That's what I like to see!

Razorod

Quote from: HogMavFan on January 05, 2008, 11:45:43 pm
Great game and I know we couldn't have won without Weems but am I the only one that thinks he may be the dumbest player that has ever played here. 4pt lead with four minutes...run as fast as you can, lower your shoulder and plow into the defense...no time off the clock...immediately after on the defense we had a Baylor player trapped and turning the ball over and Weems runs in, reaches around and fouls to bail them out. If he would use his brain..he could play in the NBA. Maybe the most physical ability of anyone in a long time just needs to improve his basketball IQ.
Possibly the greatest weakness of this team is bb IQ, it's not just Weems.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HogFan1973

That was a great game.  My wife learned the Hog call quickly and we had a great time. 

Turnberry

Quote from: HogMavFan on January 05, 2008, 11:45:43 pm
Weems is a horrible defensive player.  He's slow in reacting to ball movement.  He doesn't have any lateral quickness.   I just got back to the game and it was amazing how many times JP substituted in Britt & Welsh for one possession just so Weems wouldn't be a defensive liability.  He's not a very smart player either.  It's frustrating because the guy can be a great offensive player like he was tonight.
aka PlanoHog

HogMavFan

Just checked the box score. The player of the game had 5 of the team's 15 turnovers. About like usual.

jmingram911

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 05, 2008, 11:38:38 pm
Good win.  Still a lot of inconsistency in this team, but I am so happy to see another team play snake-bitten down the stretch instead of us.  If they can just maintain this level of intensity, they should do fine in conference play.  Congratulations Hogs...especially Weems and Thomas.

I agree.  GO HOGS!!

Smokehouse

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on January 05, 2008, 10:49:44 pm

isn't that like 1/8th of the way to tying Heath's total road record?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on January 05, 2008, 10:49:44 pm
Not sure that is the case. Heath was Mr. December last couple years, things only unravled once the SEC started.

VenturaHog

Doggtown31LCC

way to go hogs. nice win in Dallas, they play much better in Dallas than in Little Rock
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

wholehog92

Quote from: Turnberry on January 06, 2008, 12:31:40 am
Weems is a horrible defensive player.  He's slow in reacting to ball movement.  He doesn't have any lateral quickness.   I just got back to the game and it was amazing how many times JP substituted in Britt & Welsh for one possession just so Weems wouldn't be a defensive liability.  He's not a very smart player either.  It's frustrating because the guy can be a great offensive player like he was tonight.

I think you are overstating this tremendously.  Even if what you say is true, that doesn't make him a horrible defensive player.  He gets his share of steels, rebounds, and altered shots on his guy.  In the zone, not this teams strength as a whole, he is not good.  He's along way from horrible.  This team as a whole is very good defensively even when he's on the floor.  That would not be possible if Weems was horrible, he would be a liability to the other guys, he's not.  He has the physical ability to improve and has been improving this year.  Early in the year, a team that could shoot that well from the perimeter would have owned Weems in an embarassing way.  Horrible on defense is Rakestraw.  I think his physical ability limits him to being pretty bad at best.  If you think Weems is horrible would you put Rakestraw above or below him in defensive ability?  How would you differentiate between the two?

Great win by the HOGS!  I watched that game from start to finish.  They adapted their game to what Baylor was giving them offensively and took Baylor's bread and butter perimeter game away and forced them to beat them from the inside which they were unable to do.  Good job.

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.