Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Loafs for Herrion Either!

Started by bomattingly, April 18, 2005, 05:59:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bomattingly

April 18, 2005, 05:59:00 pm Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 06:01:48 pm by bomattingly
This is from Malik Rose of the Knicks.

Story found at nba.com.

And Bill Herrion, my coach at Drexel, was a Bobby Knight-clone always preaching defense. He wouldn't let you take any short cuts. He'd let you know about it if you were taking off a play."

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: bomattingly on April 18, 2005, 05:59:00 pm
This is from Malik Rose of the Knicks.

Story found at nba.com.

And Bill Herrion, my coach at Drexel, was a Bobby Knight-clone always preaching defense. He wouldn't let you take any short cuts. He'd let you know about it if you were taking off a play."

Hopefully this will account for all of those blown plays where the opposition got layups that cost us 2-3 W's.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CusefaninAR

So what happened at East Carolina?  Got any players from there testifying as to how great this guy is?

Gman

Didn't sound like the guy thought he was great.  Being called a Knight clone is not exactly a compliment.  Coming from indiana, I personally always thought Bobby was a class A jerk.

The_Bionic_Pig

April 18, 2005, 09:45:13 pm #4 Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 09:55:38 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Gman on April 18, 2005, 09:33:50 pm
Didn't sound like the guy thought he was great. Being called a Knight clone is not exactly a compliment. Coming from indiana, I personally always thought Bobby was a class A jerk.

Exactly what part about this comment doesn't sound like a compliment "always preaching defense. He wouldn't let you take any short cuts. He'd let you know about it if you were taking off a play."  
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Gman

Like I said, being a bobby knight clone.

The_Bionic_Pig

April 18, 2005, 10:18:12 pm #6 Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 10:22:16 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Gman on April 18, 2005, 10:01:41 pm
OK I kinda see where your coming from Gman but don't let your personal feelings toward his past  "Atrocious- embarrassing antic's" cloud your judgement of his coaching ability.  His drill instructor persona has produced one of the best Win/Loss Records in the history of D-1 College Basketball.  I personally would rather be a Cashier at a Crispy Creme in Knoxville, TN (<-The most horrific nightmare imaginable) than have Bobby Knight as a representative of the University of Arkansas.  Fortunately I believe that Stan Heath will in fact assume the role of dictator while Herrion will act as sideline general to speak.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CusefaninAR

yep...not making the NIT sure beats all that winning...

CusefaninAR

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 18, 2005, 10:18:12 pm
Quote from: Gman on April 18, 2005, 10:01:41 pm
OK I kinda see where your coming from Gman but don't let your personal feelings toward his past  "Atrocious- embarrassing antic's" cloud your judgement of his coaching ability.  His drill instructor persona has produced one of the best Win/Loss Records in the history of D-1 College Basketball.  I personally would rather be a Cashier at a Crispy Creme in Knoxville, TN (<-The most horrific nightmare imaginable) than have Bobby Knight as a representative of the University of Arkansas.  Fortunately I believe that Stan Heath will in fact assume the role of dictator while Herrion will act as sideline general to speak.....

"assume the role of dictator?"  Did you actually watch the last two games of the season? 

The Master Of All

The general point is that it seemed like there was not enough discipline and in your face attitude with the previous coaching staff.  Some people, including me, believe that this influence will be a positive one.  I do question Mr. Herrion's ablility to recruit the high level players that have been brought in under Coach Heath, but my preliminary reaction is that this is a good hire.
Without me, you people would just be confused.

Big Papa Satan

[CENSORED] or not, Knight wins.

As long as he doesn't call the fans that, among going into meltdown mode on nat'l television, he can be as big of a prick as he wants to be.  Sometimes, that's what it takes.

CusefaninAR