Previous topic - Next topic

Pragmatic PiG

and sunday night football to NBC

ABC has nothing now, besides the obvious link to espn

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on April 18, 2005, 05:08:06 pm

Doesn't ABC own ESPN?  So really there is no change.

Pragmatic PiG

true but still kind of an end of an era for MNF on ABC, for those sentimental types

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 18, 2005, 05:10:20 pm
Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on April 18, 2005, 05:08:06 pm

Doesn't ABC own ESPN? So really there is no change.
Except they are allowing the down trodden NBC to pick up some ratings shares since ESPN won't have rights to both MNF and Sunday Night FB.

OklaU

What the heck?  I loved watching the Monday night news at 11:30pm.  I wish they would leave it just where it is....everyone knows ABCs Monday evening programs stinks.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

maniax22bolts20

I want some goddamnedcandyasssuits heads to roll for this !!  I fully mean that. May other cockroaches pray on them alive.

Boared

If they're going to make any more changes, I wish they would bring the original intro music back and give Hank Jr. the boot, even if he is a fellow Steeler fan.

Seriously, this is giving those people the shaft who don't have ESPN on basic cable. We've got the Dish, so it makes no difference to me either way, but it's taking away a Monday night tradition from those who can't afford anything but the basics.

PerryHog

Are they going to change announcers in the booth too?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: OklaU on April 18, 2005, 07:31:09 pmeveryone knows ABCs Monday evening programs stinks.

Why, you don't like watching Extreme Makeover: Port-a-Potty Edition?

ColoradoHawg

Quote from: Boared on April 18, 2005, 09:24:50 pm
If they're going to make any more changes, I wish they would bring the original intro music back and give Hank Jr. the boot, even if he is a fellow Steeler fan.

Seriously, this is giving those people the shaft who don't have ESPN on basic cable. We've got the Dish, so it makes no difference to me either way, but it's taking away a Monday night tradition from those who can't afford anything but the basics.

Didn't Snoop Dogg help with the music last season? Gimme a break.....

PennHOG

I had stopped calling it "Monday Night Football" a long time ago.  I now call it "Monday Night Commercials".  It has become too flashy and way way way too many commercials.  Who gives a freak what the half time show is.  I think that since I've moved to the east coast, I've seen the end of a MNF game only twice (that was 13 years ago that I moved to the east coast).  The constant commercials make me fall asleep and I have to get up in the morning and go to work the next day like most working stiffs.  I may be watching one entire game this next year since my favorate team, the Saints, will be on.  But that is another reason why I have not had many reasons to stay up so late.  The saints are never on MNF. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

HighOnHogs

Looks like the Houston Texans will never be on "ABC"  MNF now.  They should make them the first "ESPN" MNF game.