Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

as I venture into ENEMY waters....

Started by Tiger Stunner, April 18, 2005, 02:39:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger Stunner

How it goes Hog fans?

Looking forward to a good series (hopefully).  We had troubles with a not-vey good Ole Miss team and wonder how we will fare with you guys after we tackle instate rival Tulane.

WindyCityHog

Right now, we wonder the same thing.  The SEC is up for grabs.....

You attending the game?

I'M EMBARRASSED

What's the deal with the Tigers this year?  Not that I'm disappointed that they are last in the SEC, it is just odd that they went from preseason top ten to last in the SEC.  It is odd for LSU not to be right in the mix of things.

ReturnToDynasty?

LSU will be in the mix of things in the end.  No matter what LSU's record becomes, they will still make the NCAA tourney.  Once they are in the tourney, I pity the team that has to play them.  They could get into the tourney by the skin of their teeth, and teams will still be scared to play them.

I predict a sweep by the Hogs this weekend though.  We have to get some momentum back.  That loss yesterday hurt.

How bout that Craig Gentry?!

Tiger Stunner

Quote from: hogsrus5 on April 18, 2005, 03:03:26 pm
What's the deal with the Tigers this year?

Thats what we are asking, why is it Smoke laval is failing at what old man Skip Bertman did so well? We are leaving way too many players on base in games and our pitching hasnt lived up to the hype. Its been a LONG time since LSU fans have had to worry about winning a series with teams like Ole Miss and Arkansas (no offense, but weve been pretty spoiled due to our past success)

WindyCityHog

I think the rest of the SEC has finally caught up to LSU.  LSU dominated for years.....that era is over.  The SEC is a wicked-tough conference in college baseball...

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on April 18, 2005, 04:10:14 pm
I think the rest of the SEC has finally caught up to LSU. LSU dominated for years.....that era is over. The SEC is a wicked-tough conference in college baseball...
I agree.  It shows something on the strength of the SEC in baseball when LSU is at the bottom of the West and still ranked NO. 20 in the nation last week.