Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new assistant

Started by cfhogs, April 18, 2005, 02:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cfhogs

i dont know if anyone knows but...go to hogwired.com

Pragmatic PiG

The Coletrain

I think this is a great hire for the Hogs.  It's always tough to make the transition from running your own show and being the guy to taking orders from someone else (particularly a young someone else with far less experience).  So that part should be very interesting to monitor, but I'm sure he understood his role fully or he wouldn't have taken the position.  I think he's definitely going to be given some room to operate and we should see that translate into more production from our post as well as a little more toughness on the defensive end. 

Hopefully Herrion's signing will translate into wins and rapid improvement like it has with other programs in the SEC ala Shyatt with Florida and Hobbs with Kentucky.

And on a sidebar, I like the Herring-Herrion combo this off-season!!
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 18, 2005, 02:45:33 pm
Anyone have any idea of his salary at East Carolina and now at Arkansas

he probably got a raise. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

CarolinaHog1176

sounds like a good hire...  we needed the next person to be defensive minded and tough.  not sure how that's going to translate into W's for a low-scoring offense, but hopefully we'll see alot of improvement on our half court zone offense.  maybe we'll win a lot of games this year 44-40 because of our tough minded defensive coach.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Jim Harris

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on April 18, 2005, 05:20:05 pm
sounds like a good hire... we needed the next person to be defensive minded and tough. not sure how that's going to translate into W's for a low-scoring offense, but hopefully we'll see alot of improvement on our half court zone offense. maybe we'll win a lot of games this year 44-40 because of our tough minded defensive coach.

If it comes down to outside shooting, that's probably what we'll have to do. IT would be better than losing a slew of them 44-40.

What's the word about Herrion out your way? I've never thought of ECU has having much basketball tradition, must have been hard to recruit. With football down under JT and his predecessor and basketball sucking, those folks must be itching for every baseball game like we are.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson