Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB appears shakey and Yet Again a Reminder that HDN

Started by idochog, April 18, 2005, 09:54:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

idochog

has not developed a QB since Joe Ferguson left and BTW dont say Matt Jones, that guy is a freak of nature and wouldve been a talent regardless.
I love Jesus!

Fletch

That doesn't even make sense. Stoerner was the QB for Nutt's 1st two years and he was pretty good. Matt Jones was the QB the last 4 years (most of it as a starter) and he was good. Nutt has only coached 7years and Stoerner and Jones were the QB for 6. Where is this plethora of undeveloped QBs?
I feel like $100

idochog

Quote from: Fletch on April 18, 2005, 10:32:50 am
That doesn't even make sense. Stoerner was the QB for Nutt's 1st two years and he was pretty good. Matt Jones was the QB the last 4 years (most of it as a starter) and he was good. Nutt has only coached 7years and Stoerner and Jones were the QB for 6. Where is this plethora of undeveloped QBs?

What pro-style qb has HDN developed?  Let me remind you Stoerner worked with Joe Ferguson prior to HDN's arrival and during the time he has been here.  What QB has HDN developed to run the type of stuff that Stoerner did?

I certainly hope you are not giving HDN credit for developing Stoerner.  Stoerner always gives credit to Joe F.
I love Jesus!

Fletch

I'm not giving him credit for developing stoerner. All I am syaing is that Arkansas has had a very adequate quarterback or better since Nutt has been here. The quarterback has hardly been the main reason for the games the Razorbacks have lost. Last year, crummy defense had a lot more to do with losses than anything. I'm just of the opinion that defense wins games. More teams have won consistently with great great defense and an adequate QB than teams with a great QB and average defense ( that is my opinion). I don't think HDN should be judged based on your argument that he hasn't developed a pro-style QB.
I feel like $100

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Fletch on April 18, 2005, 10:49:44 am
All I am syaing is that Arkansas has had a very adequate quarterback or better since Nutt has been here. The quarterback has hardly been the main reason for the games the Razorbacks have lost

maybe you should introduce yourself to the '00 and '01 teams

Fletch

That's why I said previosly that 6 of 7 years we had Stoerner or Jones. That leaves one year of neither and one year when Jones was a freshman.
I feel like $100

Fletch

Plus it is hardly Nutt's fault that Brashears never developed.
I feel like $100

HornetHog

Quote from: Fletch on April 18, 2005, 10:32:50 am

..........and the mighty Matt Jones fumbled more than any Ark QB in history. .....and key game deciding fumbles.  Pee Wee kids don't fumble as much as he did............where was the QB coaching during those 4 years?

"OK Mat...if ya get in trouble....just take off for the goal line."   Mat being a freak athlete only made HDN look good.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

PennHOG

True!  I never got the sense that Matt Jones ever had any coaching.  It certainly never looked that way!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Fletch

HH and PennHog - I respect your opinions even though I wholeheartedly couldn't disagree with you more. Matt Jones made tremendous progress as a QB from his freshman to his senior year, fumbles aside. The fumbles were purely Matt's fault, not coaches. His passing, although never spectacular by any stretch of the imagination, did improve dramatically and the numbers show it. His accuracy also improved a lot. Note I said improved a lot so please don't read in to my comments that I said MJ was a great passer because that is not the impression I am trying to give. I said improved dramatically which I believe no one with any credibility that has followed his career can argue. Houston Nutt put Matt in positions to win games. I am sure Matt will take all responsibility for costly fumbles.
I feel like $100

Fletch

HH- MJ also broke numerous QB records while at UA. Don't forget that.
I feel like $100

Porkahontas

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on April 18, 2005, 04:05:50 pm
HDN couldn't develope a Hard Rock Tight 'TURD,' much less a Pro Style QB?

"Rock hard tight turd." I've got to work that into a conversation later tonight.

Boy, I tell you what, you're unbelievable.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on April 18, 2005, 04:05:50 pm
HDN couldn't develope a Hard Rock Tight 'TURD,' much less a Pro Style QB?

I'm not going to speak from personal experience, as I have not witnessed the act, but I'm fairly confident in Houston Nutt's ability to poop.

Now the consistency of that turd is another thing I'm not going to guess, as it's completely reliant on what he ate for lunch the day before.

I will say this, the thought of laying a "hard rock tight turd" doesn't sound very pleasant.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Fletch

You got me on that one. Hard to argue football with someone who incorporates the phrase Hard Rock Tight Turd into the discussion concerning QBs.
I feel like $100

Brett Hitman Hog

Nutt often has a painful demeanor on his face ... maybe he is developing these so called "rock-hard turds" and that is the cause of this discomfort?

Buck Ocean

Quote"Rock hard tight turd." I've got to work that into a conversation later tonight.
QuoteI'm not going to speak from personal experience, as I have not witnessed the act, but I'm fairly confident in Houston Nutt's ability to poop.

QuoteYou got me on that one. Hard to argue football with someone who incorporates the phrase Hard Rock Tight Turd into the discussion concerning QBs
Quotemaybe he is developing these so called "rock-hard turds" and that is the cause of this discomfort

KUDOS GENTLEMEN!!!
Think like a Jedi

PerryHog

Clark, tjack, sorahan, johnson.

Hard rock tight turd. Where did that come from?

muslimsdonteatme

Quote from: PerryHog on April 18, 2005, 06:57:38 pm

Let's dispense with this right now.  There was nothing wrong with Zak Clark as a QB that couldn't have been resolved with good coaching.
There was nothing wrong with Tarvaris Jackson that couldn't have been resolved with good coaching, and the same can certainly be said for Ryan Sorahan.
Matt Jones could have been a phenomenal QB with a competent coach, and Robert Johnson is likely to become yet another victim.
This all goes back to play-calling every bit as much as it does poor coaching of the fundamentals.
Every one of these guys was talented, and every one failed, other than MJ.  Jones overcame it.
We need a damn offensive coordinator, and most of us have been saying it for years now.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: muslimsdonteatme on April 18, 2005, 09:25:15 pm

Let's dispense with this right now. There was nothing wrong with Zak Clark as a QB that couldn't have been resolved with good coaching.
There was nothing wrong with Tarvaris Jackson that couldn't have been resolved with good coaching, and the same can certainly be said for Ryan Sorahan.
Matt Jones could have been a phenomenal QB with a competent coach, and Robert Johnson is likely to become yet another victim.
This all goes back to play-calling every bit as much as it does poor coaching of the fundamentals.
Every one of these guys was talented, and every one failed, other than MJ. Jones overcame it.
We need a damn offensive coordinator, and most of us have been saying it for years now.

Smartest thing you have ever posted. I agree.

PerryHog

Quote from: muslimsdonteatme on April 18, 2005, 09:25:15 pm

Let's dispense with this right now. There was nothing wrong with Zak Clark as a QB that couldn't have been resolved with good coaching.
Every one of these guys was talented, and every one failed, other than MJ. Jones overcame it.

Exactly.