Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally Hall's Column Sunday

Started by Anon2, April 17, 2005, 09:23:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Anon2

The trainer of Afleet Alex, Tim Ritchey, must have ticked off Wally.  In his article today, he devoted about 1 1/2 columns of 8 to the winner and trainer and the rest to who was there and Smarty Jones.  He said Ritchey doesn't have a 10th of the charm of Bob Holthus.  Apparently Ritchey ignored Wally and he is on Wally's list along with Bobby Knight and Danny Ford.  I remember Wally saying that Ford had only 6 friends when he left.  Well Wally, he had at least 7.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Anon2 on April 17, 2005, 09:23:39 am
The trainer of Afleet Alex, Tim Ritchey, must have ticked off Wally. In his article today, he devoted about 1 1/2 columns of 8 to the winner and trainer and the rest to who was there and Smarty Jones. He said Ritchey doesn't have a 10th of the charm of Bob Holthus. Apparently Ritchey ignored Wally and he is on Wally's list along with Bobby Knight and Danny Ford. I remember Wally saying that Ford had only 6 friends when he left. Well Wally, he had at least 7.

Sounds like he snubbed Walley, Ritchey must be a good judge of character. 

CusefaninAR

I wasn't aware that charm was a major factor in winning a horse race.  Wally should be setting pins in a bowling alley.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 17, 2005, 11:08:18 am
The trainer of Afleet Alex, Tim Ritchey, must have ticked off Wally. In his article today, he devoted about 1 1/2 columns of 8 to the winner and trainer and the rest to who was there and Smarty Jones. He said Ritchey doesn't have a 10th of the charm of Bob Holthus. Apparently Ritchey ignored Wally and he is on Wally's list along with Bobby Knight and Danny Ford. I remember Wally saying that Ford had only 6 friends when he left. Well Wally, he had at least 7.

Maybe Ritchey mistakened Wally for a jockey wanting to ask and try to take the Afleet Alex ride in the Kentrucky Derby and brushed him off.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: drakehog on April 17, 2005, 09:07:55 pm
Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 17, 2005, 11:08:18 am

Maybe Ritchey mistakened Wally for a jockey wanting to ask and try to take the Afleet Alex ride in the Kentrucky Derby and brushed him off.
;D Easy mistake to make.