Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State football

Started by bigpigpimpin, April 16, 2005, 05:42:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

April 16, 2005, 05:42:40 pm Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 05:45:56 pm by bigpigpimpin
for you guys that follow both D1 Arkansas teams, I went to asu's black/white game today, and here's the grade......

Offensive line  F+   hard to replace 4 starters. Just bad, couldn't block a wet fart  :(

Quarteback    B-    Noce returns and will get first start, however Hollins had the better day. #17 is bad, just bad  :)

Receivers       C     too many dropped balls, couldn't get enough seperation. #85 can fly.  ???

Tight End      B-    some good catches, one spectacular grab  :)

Running Back A+   best running backs in the sun-belt in Warren and Bracey combo, but will the line block?

overall offense C   Strong at qb and running backs, however it will be tough going for both if the line doesn't block.

Defensive line  B+ Should be very tough against the run. Nice size, speed, strength. really quite impressed here

linebackers      B   Young, but very good open field tackling and ball coverage. will be strength of team next year.

Ends              C    Quick, but overpursue and don't break down well

Safety            A    This kid will be awesome. First team all-sunbelt.

Cornerbacks    B-    good size, speed, but were caught out of position twice today

overall defense B    Last year started 8 freshman, looked very sharp today. Best hitting indian team I've seen in a while.

kicking    B-    Neilhouse was hurt, backup made short fiel goal and pat. However, it looked very suspect.

punting   A    Kid kicks the Shiite out of it all day. 2 50+ yard punts, but will he do it in a real game?

coverage A    will be fast with good tackling. starters will play.

overall special teams A-

Overall team B-   Overall Huuuuuge improvement. coaches were all smiles afterwards. great attitude for a team coming off 3-8. And I tell you what, they believe that they are going to beat mizzou. A team believing is the first step, and Roberts's first recruiting class is now sophomores. Close to 2,000 there today in attendance I would guesstimate. things are looking up here. The defense has better players and has switched from a 4-2-5 to a 4-3 this year, like I said, the linebackers are pretty decent, along with the safety.

Predictions

at Missouri l   21-24   :o          it'll be closer than you'd think if not a monstrous upset  ;)
ut-martin   W   63-6      8)        ass reaming
at oklahoma st. L  14-37    :P     close for a half
florida Int. W  35-21          :)     welcome to the sunbelt
at LA Monroe  W  27-20     :)     indians owe them one
at North Texas L  21-35       :(   north texas still rules conference     
louisiana Laffeyette W 28-27  ;)  tough game       
florida Atlantic W   27-24       :)         ;D Homecoming
at Middle Tenn L  7-42     >:(    always a thorn in the side               
Troy W     21-0   ::)   shutout?
at Army W 28-13    :D God bless our troops, and help their football team

7-4, 3rd in sunbelt, no bowl

Brett Hitman Hog

Where have they put Khyame (sp?) Burns (NHS's Kodi Burns brother)  CB or Safety?

The_Bionic_Pig

The team's top three receivers are gone meaning sophomore-to-be Levi Dejohnette has to become the new go-to guy. ASU always seems to hang around and play a little better than the record would indicate, but it can't get over the hump.  I look for them to go undefeated at home this season.  Their make or break game is Troy at home this year...11/12 -vs- Trojans

Also predicting 7-4 Season.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pioneerhog

I hope they go 7-4 I would like to see A State do well in football, as well as all the other Arkansas teams out there. If they go undefeated at home that would be good for their program. Good luck to ASU in the coming season and maybe they can win the Sun Belt and go to their first bowl game.

Hoggysoprano

These post about Arkansas State piss me off.  The Indians suck!!!

Lord please forgive me for that, and be with the Pygmies in Africa. Amen

Big Papa Satan

rricha

Tyrell Johnson comes from good bloodlines his mother was all american in track at the U of A and his daddy is Alvin "Dog" Robertson who was a late bloomer i think the hogs missed a good one.