Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watching the draft segments on ESPN....

Started by bosshawg38, April 16, 2005, 11:45:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg38

...and it seems that every other clip involving a Cedric Benson highlight came from the Arkansas game this year.  Makes me sick. All I can say is I sure am glad Herring is with us this year. I'm a lot more confident that he'll get the defense to make highlights of their own rather than being shown on someone else's.

ReturnToDynasty?

Not only benson.  All of Auburn's highlights, Cadillac, Ronnie, Rodgers, and Campbell, are against the hogs.  Great D!

bosshawg38

Yea I forgot about them. Looks like the 2004 Hogs D is gonna give a few (other) players a nice little payday come draft day

Big Papa Satan

Shame they won't be showing Benson's highlights against Arkansas in Austin.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: DR on April 16, 2005, 03:01:26 pm
Shame they won't be showing Benson's highlights against Arkansas in Austin.

He had higlights that day? :D

Big Papa Satan

Smithian

On NFL Total Access, the one guy doesn't like Derrick Johnson for one reason... He has repeatedly shown a clip of Derrick Johnson being laid out by a block by DeCori Birmingham. It is a sick block.

I'M EMBARRASSED

Why is it that we give up so many highlights?  Most SEC highlights on ESPN involve the hogs.  I don't think that our defenses are that bad and have been that bad, except for last years.  I'm talking back to John Thompson's D's too.  It seemed like they were used as highlights.

Lando Calrissian

Take ANY player that's being considered in the draft, and I bet ya you could make a damn good highlight reel from ANY SINGLE DEFENSE he had faced in his college career.

But...since we're Arkansas fans, and since we're all a bunch of whiney b*tches, and since we are magically drawn to anything "Arkansas" on national tv, it only makes since to blame ourselves, and not the fact that we've faced some of the top 5% of talent in the country over the past few seasons.

Hell, if ESPN didn't show Benson from the Ark game, I'd be surprised if people came out with the "Well how come they didn't show anything from the Ark/Tex game?  ESPN hates Arkansas!!!!!"

They show highlights of Benson from the '04 game, just like they show highlights of MJ from the '03 game.

Both are unbelievable talents.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

MBAHog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on April 18, 2005, 03:06:05 am
Take ANY player that's being considered in the draft, and I bet ya you could make a damn good highlight reel from ANY SINGLE DEFENSE he had faced in his college career.

But...since we're Arkansas fans, and since we're all a bunch of whiney b*tches, and since we are magically drawn to anything "Arkansas" on national tv, it only makes since to blame ourselves, and not the fact that we've faced some of the top 5% of talent in the country over the past few seasons.

Hell, if ESPN didn't show Benson from the Ark game, I'd be surprised if people came out with the "Well how come they didn't show anything from the Ark/Tex game? ESPN hates Arkansas!!!!!"

They show highlights of Benson from the '04 game, just like they show highlights of MJ from the '03 game.

Wow, this is officially my favorite post ever.  I couldn't have said that better myself. 

Phat Hawg

I guess the fact that Arkansas had one of the worst defenses in the nation last year doesn't factor into the personal bests that several players put up against the Hogs last year.  It's just the fact they are "great talents".

If Hog fans are whining [CENSORED] maybe you should find another team to support.  After all you don't want to be associated with a bunch of whiney [CENSORED] do you?  Or maybe you should list a few standards that you want all fans to follow so they will be acceptable to you.

Phat Hawg

Quote from: MBAHog on April 18, 2005, 09:37:44 am

Hell, if ESPN didn't show Benson from the Ark game, I'd be surprised if people came out with the "Well how come they didn't show anything from the Ark/Tex game? ESPN hates Arkansas!!!!!"

Wow, this is officially my favorite post ever. I couldn't have said that better myself.

Then I feel incredibly bad for you.

MBAHog

Quote from: Phat Hawg on April 18, 2005, 10:26:51 am
Quote from: MBAHog on April 18, 2005, 09:37:44 am

Wow, this is officially my favorite post ever. I couldn't have said that better myself.

Then I feel incredibly bad for you.

Why?

Boner

Could be because the Arkansas-Texas game was broadcast on ESPN.