Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two years ago!

Started by abq, April 16, 2005, 12:37:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

abq

hSv and I started this thing called Hogville. Amazing. It was just the two of us posting back and forth to each other and a limited ezboard. Our goal was to create a forum where all Hog fans could post an opinion, agree, disagree, agree to disagree, without some lame "beatdown, get the newbie" atmosphere.

Hopefully we've accomplished that. I know we're not perfect but we try. We've put a lot of work into this board, but it's you guys who have made it great! I can't thank you enough, so get back to posting!

Oh, and in celebration here is hSv's favorite video. ;D

click me

Big Papa Satan

"Hawgtalk"

I remember very well.

abq

April 16, 2005, 01:05:01 am #2 Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:07:46 am by abq
Quote from: DR on April 16, 2005, 12:43:27 am
"Hawgtalk"

I remember very well.

Aye, Hawgtalk..................wow. I think you were the fourth member. Thanks bro!

Big Papa Satan

I remember the contest for a name for this site.

Came up with TouchdownArkansas.net, and the one I really liked, CardinalandWhite.net, but Hogville was chosen instead.

Oh well. :)

As for fourth member, there were quite around eight or nine before I found the site.

Lanny

Root 66, Fay Vet and The Franchise.........BiggusPiggus were there in the starting gate too.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

maniax22bolts20

April 16, 2005, 01:57:53 am #5 Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 02:01:11 am by maniax22bolts20
Now playing Motorhead- The Game as an open challenge to other college web boards.Then again at the moment we're Bautista and John Cena combined. . Grin. Great job you all have done abq and hsv plus all Hogville.net members.

Matt Turner

That is either the best video I've ever seen or the most disturbing! Either way, it's good stuff!

abq

Quote from: DR on April 16, 2005, 01:13:41 am
I remember the contest for a name for this site.

Came up with TouchdownArkansas.net, and the one I really liked, CardinalandWhite.net, but Hogville was chosen instead.

Oh well. :)

As for fourth member, there were quite around eight or nine before I found the site.

Aye, I remember the contest. I was on a business trip in Dallas when we got this thing started. A limo picked me up on Harry Hines BLVD and the next thing I knew I was on a flight to Cabo. A few hours later while sitting in this place

abq Hogville huh?

hSv (never taking his eyes from the bar) Yep

abq uhhh........OK

hSv Have a shot of Patron

abq but I just woke up

hSv quit whining

abq huh?

hSv Here's my laptop................post something witty

abq *types* HELP ME!

Root66 *replys* SUCKER!

and the first Hogville flame war was started.

maniax22bolts20

The first of many a lively debate and fierce verbal convo.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: abq on April 16, 2005, 12:37:10 am
hSv and I started this thing called Hogville. Amazing. It was just the two of us posting back and forth to each other and a limited ezboard. Our goal was to create a forum where all Hog fans could post an opinion, agree, disagree, agree to disagree, without some lame "beatdown, get the newbie" atmosphere.

Hopefully we've accomplished that. I know we're not perfect but we try. We've put a lot of work into this board, but it's you guys who have made it great! I can't thank you enough, so get back to posting!

Oh, and in celebration here is hSv's favorite video. ;D

click me

Thanks for Hogville, and for that video!! ;D

pioneerhog

Thanks for this great site. I am proud to say that this is the only one that I am a member of, all the others just don't compare to this one.

Kevin

this is my only site.  thanks!  wps
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogger

April 16, 2005, 12:03:18 pm #12 Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 12:05:33 pm by Hogger
Second to none and hella fun.  Hogville........I love you.
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Brett Hitman Hog

There is no place I'd rather be than right here at Hogville

Semper Hogelis

Glad I found you gentlemen. What short time I have been here. It has been a pleasure. Thanks for starting a great site. This is also my only Hog board. Belong to one Steelers board. Thanks again. Go Hogs Go
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

muslimsdonteatme

I made this board what it is today.

Lanny's like a geeky little brother, and abq used to blow goats at a carnival in Tijuana.  NamVet is stupib enough to make a bet about getting nekkid...and lose, and Root66 did on-the-job training under Goebbels. 
Born's going to be pissed just because I mentioned his name. 

I am the only person posting here who has been consistent and honest since day one.  You should be thanking me, and abq knows this. 
He's just trying to preempt the upcoming announcement about Muslimsdonteatme Day. 

The rest of you are newbies.

abq

Quote from: muslimsdonteatme on April 16, 2005, 05:34:12 pm
I made this board what it is today.

Lanny's like a geeky little brother, and abq used to blow goats at a carnival in Tijuana. NamVet is stupid enough to make a bet about getting nekkid...and lose, and Root66 did on-the-job training under Goebbels.
Born's going to be pissed just because I mentioned his name.

I am the only person posting here who has been consistent and honest since day one. You should be thanking me, and abq knows this.
He's just trying to preempt the upcoming announcement about Muslimsdonteatme Day.

The rest of you are newbies.

It was Juarez dammit!

muslimsdonteatme

Quote from: abq on April 16, 2005, 05:37:13 pm

It was Juarez dammit!

When I was a cadet major at military school, we used to run our high schoolers down to Juarez for deflowering.  We'd load up 3 or 4 cars full of young bucks, and make the run south.
Us older guys would sit around drinking cerveza and tequila with the madam, while our charges got their whoopee on.  After awhile, we got a bulk discount.  $100 bucks for a dozen, and $15 each for extras.  I am famous amongst a certain group of now influential people who lost their virginity in Juarez.  :)

The Master Of All

You need more posts from me to keep things in line.
Without me, you people would just be confused.

tophawg19

HSV & ABQ .damn fine job .if you new how much trouble & how many arguements hogville started
you'd probably have done it long ago .looks like you had some fun .again well done . :D :D :D
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins