Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The RACE card is played again

Started by Hoggysoprano, April 15, 2005, 10:00:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

I do have to agree with this, seems there are no NFL Asian owners, or Asian coaches or ever Asian Qb's. It's a damn conspiracy!

Porquemada

I wonder if his agent has ever considered it may be because he played in fricking Hawaii. Hell, it's daylight Sunday morning before they finish their games. Is Norm Chow an Asian?

Lando Calrissian

April 16, 2005, 01:42:25 am #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 03:47:12 am by Lando Calrissian
Quote from: Hoggysopranoseems there are no NFL Asian owners, or Asian coaches or ever Asian Qb's. It's a damn conspiracy!

They're all too busy making wacky wire-fu action films.

Which isn't all that bad of a thing, because I like wacky wire-fu action films.

PLUS, from the article, and I quote:  "he ran 5.15 [at the NFL combine]. And he's 211"

Slow, under-sized, QBs ALWAYS succeed in the NFL.....................

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 15, 2005, 10:16:14 pm
I wonder if his agent has ever considered it may be because he played in fricking Hawaii. Hell, it's daylight Sunday morning before they finish their games. Is Norm Chow an Asian?
Yes, he not only considered it, he stated it.

"In my opinion, I don't think he's being fairly evaluated, because of the system he played in, his college coach's [June Jones] reputation for running that system, the fact that he played way out there in Hawaii, and maybe to some extent the fact that he's Asian," said Yee, who is also Asian.

I think for the most part, he will get looked at, but 5.15 is slow even for a QB. IF he can read Defenses quickly, his 40 time will not mean as much. May end up having to prove himself in NFL Europe. Might just be that he is not good enough for the NFL. Time will tell.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Boarcephus

On the other hand, I thought the perception of the asian race is that they are all smart little shits, which is what the qb is supposed to be.  Bet he scored higher on his Wunderlick than either Jones or Greene, maybe even combined.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 16, 2005, 09:57:53 am
On the other hand, I thought the perception of the asian race is that they are all smart little shits, which is what the qb is supposed to be. Bet he scored higher on his Wunderlick than either Jones or Greene, maybe even combined.

That sounds like a racially motivated statement to me.

Hogger

Plenty of Pacific Islanders on NFL rosters though.  Those Samoans and Tongans can play.