Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick note

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 15, 2005, 04:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Herring ruffling feathers of some, good darned thing too, screw the ones who don't want to get on board, and that includes assistants and alumni too dammit.

Only now it dawns on some of these bozos how far down the talent level had fallen.  Some of these assistant coaches wouldn't know a high-major caliber player if it hit him in the ass.

People need to rally around Herring and out-shout the idiots.
[CENSORED]!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 15, 2005, 04:02:37 pm
Herring ruffling feathers of some, good darned thing too, screw the ones who don't want to get on board, and that includes assistants and alumni too dammit.

Only now it dawns on some of these bozos how far down the talent level had fallen. Some of these assistant coaches wouldn't know a high-major caliber player if it hit him in the ass.

Damn right, I am guessing you are refering to Allen, D. Nutt, Markuson, and of course Chris "I shouldn't even still be here" Vaughn.

I'M EMBARRASSED

We need to load our staff up with Herring's and Rocker's.  Anybody not of that caliber will not cut it!! 

Patch

Why are the assistants pissed. If that is who you're talking about.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Patch on April 15, 2005, 04:28:55 pm
Without even being there I can tell you why.  For the last few years the inmates have been running the prison up there.  The practices have been organized chaos with no real direction, you could go to Sprindale High watch there practice and then to Fayetteville and you would see what I am talking about. Now all of a sudden they are having to do things differently, not be the players buddy but their coach.  In other words they are having to work and they don't like it.

I'M EMBARRASSED

I completely agree soprano.  Our coaches have been trying to be buds, and that's not going to cut it.  Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile.  I couldn't believe hearing that, when Hamlin, Batman, and others were her, their egos ruled our practices and ran our team.  Any coach worth his salt would have cut that darn out.  I'm on the fence as far as Nutt is concerned.  I think he's a decent coach, but he's too weak.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on April 15, 2005, 04:33:01 pm
Without even being there I can tell you why. For the last few years the inmates have been running the prison up there. The practices have been organized chaos with no real direction, you could go to Sprindale High watch there practice and then to Fayetteville and you would see what I am talking about. Now all of a sudden they are having to do things differently, not be the players buddy but their coach. In other words they are having to work and they don't like it.

the problem, Hoggy, if there really is one, is Vaughn being so for up Nutt's ass he can taste his mouthwash, and then he goes and complains to Nutt about Herring doing this and Herring doing that.

Why for the life of me can Nutt not see that Vaughn is not a coach, he's not a recruiting coordinator, our recruiting for the coming year is disorganized, we have potiential prospects from out of state who are VERY GOOD PLAYERS and have legitimate connection to Arkansas who HAVE NOT HEARD A FRIGGIN' WORD from Arkansas. When are they going to make some contact with these seniors to be? In December? When they're out with broken legs and everybody else has dropped them?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: drakehog on April 15, 2005, 05:13:53 pm
Quote from: Hoggysoprano on April 15, 2005, 04:33:01 pm
Without even being there I can tell you why. For the last few years the inmates have been running the prison up there. The practices have been organized chaos with no real direction, you could go to Sprindale High watch there practice and then to Fayetteville and you would see what I am talking about. Now all of a sudden they are having to do things differently, not be the players buddy but their coach. In other words they are having to work and they don't like it.

the problem, Hoggy, if there really is one, is Vaughn being so for up Nutt's ass he can taste his mouthwash, and then he goes and complains to Nutt about Herring doing this and Herring doing that.

Why for the life of me can Nutt not see that Vaughn is not a coach, he's not a recruiting coordinator, our recruiting for the coming year is disorganized, we have potiential prospects from out of state who are VERY GOOD PLAYERS and have legitimate connection to Arkansas who HAVE NOT HEARD A FRIGGIN' WORD from Arkansas. When are they going to make some contact with these seniors to be? In December? When they're out with broken legs and everybody else has dropped them?

It's been bad for a long time now, ever since they hired Pugh and then folowed him with this Vaughn moron.  Chris Vaughn needs to be fired, he's not the only one on that staff that needs to go.  He and   a couple of others are a detriment to our program, and if Nutt allows it to stay the way it is he will be gone also. Nutt can't afford to have guys like Vaughn around, he's in enough hot water without having to deal with do nothings like Vaughn.

junkyardhog

Only now it dawns on some of these bozos how far down the talent level had fallen. Some of these assistant coaches wouldn't know a high-major caliber player if it hit him in the ass.

If you are going to make a statement like that, can you provide a link or article. ANYTHING?  What is the context? What is it based on?  It just gives hoggys more reason to speculate :)

Hoggysoprano

April 15, 2005, 10:16:50 pm #9 Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 10:20:35 pm by Hoggysoprano
Quote from: junkyardhog on April 15, 2005, 10:04:23 pm

If you are going to make a statement like that, can you provide a link or article. ANYTHING? What is the context? What is it based on? It just gives hoggys more reason to speculate :)

A link to what?  This is a damn message board, people don't have to prove a thing to people like you.  Get over yourself.  Biggus posting is your proof.

Here's your proof

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on April 15, 2005, 10:16:50 pm
Quote from: junkyardhog on April 15, 2005, 10:04:23 pm

If you are going to make a statement like that, can you provide a link or article. ANYTHING? What is the context? What is it based on? It just gives hoggys more reason to speculate :)

A link to what?  This is a damn message board, people don't have to prove a thing to people like you.  Get over yourself.  Biggus posting is your proof.

Here's your proof
Nice .. you  never cease to make me laugh at your come backs.  You're the man, Hoggy.

JIHawg

What started all this is a poster named Joe who happened to be very close friends with Wommack has dissed Herring.  Real classless act.

abq

Quote from: JIHawg on April 15, 2005, 10:44:16 pm
What started all this is a poster named Joe who happened to be very close friends with Wommack has dissed Herring. Real classless act.

What board was Joe posting this on?

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: abq on April 15, 2005, 10:56:30 pm
What started all this is a poster named Joe who happened to be very close friends with Wommack has dissed Herring. Real classless act.

What board was Joe posting this on?

Yeah, got a link? ;D

JIHawg

Hawgs Illustrated private board.  Joe is highly thought of as a poster, and evidently very knowledgeable, but this came across as sour grapes or agenda stuff. 

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: JIHawg on April 15, 2005, 11:00:25 pm

Hawgs Illustrated private board. Joe is highly thought of as a poster, and evidently very knowledgeable, but this came across as sour grapes or agenda stuff.

Joe is probably banned now that he said something "anit-hog" Clay bans at will. Anyway it sounds like it backfired and had the opposite effect Joe was hoping for.  Made the Herring crowd stronger, the anti-Herring, if there is such a thing, weaker.

abq

Quote from: JIHawg on April 15, 2005, 11:00:25 pm

Hawgs Illustrated private board. Joe is highly thought of as a poster, and evidently very knowledgeable, but this came across as sour grapes or agenda stuff.

Wow, that board has grown a little too incestuous. I guess that happens when you ban everyone who disagrees with the party line.

So, I don't understand. What is Joe hoping for? More of the same? A defense that breaks down at critical junctures? More 3rd and longs that turn into 1st and 10s?

Yeah, lets line up the big nastys, if we had them. But we don't. Seems to me like Herring is doing what he can with the personnel given. I haven't jumped on the pro Herring bandwagon since I haven't seen his product on the field, but damn, let's give the man a chance.

maniax22bolts20

Herring will lead the school of hog knocks from the brink of the underwater abyss to the pinnacle of SEC/BCS success.

junkyardhog

This just in....we have some real important news. It could mean a change to the whole state of Arkansas!!!

I can't really tell you WHAT the news is,,,,but trust me on this one!!! I'm in the know and you are not!!! P.S. You should just believe me because I said to!!

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: junkyardhog on April 16, 2005, 12:34:17 am
This just in....we have some real important news. It could mean a change to the whole state of Arkansas!!!

I can't really tell you WHAT the news is,,,,but trust me on this one!!! I'm in the know and you are not!!! P.S. You should just believe me because I said to!!

WE can't believe you for a couple of reasons, first and foremost you have no credibility, in other words you have never predicted, said anything that others didn't know, or provided infor that turned out to be right on.  Those who have done these things do have crdibility.

Secondly, noone on this board who does know things that others might find interesting, which is why they post it here, has to prove a thing to you or anyone else.  You want to believe the things on here believe them, if you don't then why are you here?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: junkyardhog on April 16, 2005, 12:34:17 am

The people who own and/or run this board know who I am.  I've been here since the beginning.  You can wander in and out if you want to, but here's the deal.  Lanny has collected some regular posters who have better information than you will see on the run of the mill message board.  Some are current journalists, some are former journalists, and you will see the occasional connected booster or ex-player.  Myself, whenever I hear about something going on I talk to an assortment of people who should be in the know, and then I give their version of the story.  Sometimes this stuff runs contrary to my own opinions, but my quest always is to talk about subjects you will not see in the newspaper, because the beat writers sometimes do not want to delve into the really good stories.  And a couple of people also enjoy the way I break down and analyze the game.  I'm on this board as a contributor.  You can believe what you want.  I'm always talking to a small group of knowledgeable people anyway.
[CENSORED]!

arntuahog2

I don't get on here much but it seems there is a lack of some common sense on here sometimes.  It is so easy to disrespect coaches or players or the other posters.  I was just curious, because I do agree that there seems to be some weaknesses in our asst coaches, but it would be hard to blame Vaughn for all of the recruiting or even half of it for that matter.  I thought position coaches recruit and all of the ones that are allowed to are on the road.  H Nutt is the head coach and he is utlimately responsible for evaluating the talent.  I would expect that Vaughn's role is that of an organizer and administrator that compiles the films, names etc...  He can not be held liable for all the shortfalls.  The sad part about our recruiting for the last 4 years is where are the players that we signed.  Why do we keep losing scholarship players due to not qualifying.  I would like someone to run the numbers for us and the SEC as the last 4 to 6 years with scholarships and signees and how many made it to campus, how many played a down and then how many lettered as well as started and contributed.  I think we have averaged about 4 to 5 players a year that never make it and with just 23 scholarships that kind of attrition will hurt eventually.  I think you can see it in our team now.

Anyway, I would like to know what the complaints from our staff are if there are ANY with Herring.

I truly am 100% behind him and his hiring.  He is going to help all coaches and players!

GO HOGS!

Biggus Piggus

The academic marginals they signed, well, they were signed because they were fallbacks after the coaches didn't get their top prospects.  We knew they would be ineligible, for the most part.  Signed 'em for cosmetic purposes.
[CENSORED]!

junkyardhog

Biggus, not trying to be argumentative AT ALL!! It's just if you put a statement out, I want to know WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. That's fair isn't it?  If I didn't think you were reliable, I would have just skipped your thread! ;)

If you have read any of my posts, you will see that I think Reg is the greatest thing since sliced bread.   I just want to know the details!  Hell, don't we all?

Now, can you pllleeeassseeee tell me what you are talking about in the first thread....Who,what, where, when,,,you know the deal.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 16, 2005, 05:21:59 pm

Only now it dawns on some of these bozos how far down the talent level had fallen.  Some of these assistant coaches wouldn't know a high-major caliber player if it hit him in the ass.

Herring's resume is much, much better than any of our assistants. If they can't get on board HDN needs to cut them loose now.

A-frickin men.  This was exactly the reply I wanted to post on HI to the post that started all this, but just didn't want to put forth the effort to even discuss it there.  Let's look at the resume of the assistants other than Herring.  Then, look at Herring's.  There is no doubt this guy is head and shoulders above any one there, and I'm not surprised some are not happy with him.  Herring is proving what a cluster frick the entire thing has been the last few years.  Also, the poster there who started this, as has been stated, was a HUGE fan of Wommack, so to see him throw this out about people being concerned about Herring reaks of sour grapes.

Before you bash HI though, the insiders have come to Herring's defense and said that change was needed.  Some of them more stringent than others.

Porkahontas

Herring's resume is much, much better than any of our assistants. If they can't get on board HDN needs to cut them loose now.

One way to look at it is that we just hired the NC State DC for $300,000 for three years.

How often do you see guys like Vaughn, Shibest, Ealy, Allen, and the like getting large offers from other schools to be an assistant at that school? Never.

We've seen a few good assistants/coordinators come through the past few years. Rodgers and Lee both are with the Cowboys. Hill, Burns, and Thompson landed head coaching gigs in Div I. Ferguson supposively didn't like recruiting but was a hell of a good coach. Bill Johnson stayed one year and got a gig with the Atlanta Falcons.

And there's still a handful of guys who just keep sticking around.

Nutt needs to do what Tuberville did. Try different combinations with the staff until he finds the right one. Tuberville overhauled his entire staff (at the demands of Bobby Lowder) after flopping two years ago. Last year, we all got to see first-hand what they did all season long.

There's two or three guys on this coaching staff that have no business being an assistant coach at a major Division I program. Some wouldn't make it at a lower-tier Division I program. They're here simply because of Nutt's undying loyalty to those he came through the ranks with.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: Porkahontas on April 16, 2005, 08:00:00 pm

One way to look at it is that we just hired the NC State DC for $300,000 for three years.

How often do you see guys like Vaughn, Shibest, Ealy, Allen, and the like getting large offers from other schools to be an assistant at that school? Never.

We've seen a few good assistants/coordinators come through the past few years. Rodgers and Lee both are with the Cowboys. Hill, Burns, and Thompson landed head coaching gigs in Div I. Ferguson supposively didn't like recruiting but was a hell of a good coach. Bill Johnson stayed one year and got a gig with the Atlanta Falcons.

And there's still a handful of guys who just keep sticking around.

Nutt needs to do what Tuberville did. Try different combinations with the staff until he finds the right one. Tuberville overhauled his entire staff (at the demands of Bobby Lowder) after flopping two years ago. Last year, we all got to see first-hand what they did all season long.

There's two or three guys on this coaching staff that have no business being an assistant coach at a major Division I program. Some wouldn't make it at a lower-tier Division I program. They're here simply because of Nutt's undying loyalty to those he came through the ranks with.

Like I said before, if it wasn't for Nutt none of those guys would be in D-1 ball, and you forgot brother Nutt.

Oklahawg

Herring is the only coach on the staff with significant D1 experience outside of his work with HDN. Rocker had one year at Cincy. D1-AA Univ of Troy (isn't that the latest incarnation of that school?). Shibest--the best offensive assistant and until Herring arrived the most likely guy to be a D1 HC of the current staff--had several very successful years as JUCO HC.

Those eyes that are opening, those feelings that are hurting...a big part of that may be that they've been a part of a very incestual staff.

I am all about upgrading the staff. The time to do that was between Feb 2 and the start of spring drills. I'd love to see Ealy disappear. I think Gus Malzahn would get some serious consideration as the replacement, bringing with him some fresh ideas and a handful of great recruits.

Can we do any more than that without creating a huge learning curve problem with the current players? Is it reasonable to expect established coaches like Vaughn and Allen to depart at this time of year?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Porkahontas

Quote from: Oklahawg on April 16, 2005, 09:07:53 pm
Herring is the only coach on the staff with significant D1 experience outside of his work with HDN. Rocker had one year at Cincy. D1-AA Univ of Troy (isn't that the latest incarnation of that school?). Shibest--the best offensive assistant and until Herring arrived the most likely guy to be a D1 HC of the current staff--had several very successful years as JUCO HC.

Those eyes that are opening, those feelings that are hurting...a big part of that may be that they've been a part of a very incestual staff.

I am all about upgrading the staff. The time to do that was between Feb 2 and the start of spring drills. I'd love to see Ealy disappear. I think Gus Malzahn would get some serious consideration as the replacement, bringing with him some fresh ideas and a handful of great recruits.

Can we do any more than that without creating a huge learning curve problem with the current players? Is it reasonable to expect established coaches like Vaughn and Allen to depart at this time of year?

I'm all for Malzhan taking Vaughn's place on the staff. Not only would we be getting an offensive genius, but Malzhan is a proven recruiter from his days as Shiloh.

How many coaches in Division I let an assistant coach go, only to bring that same guy back a couple years later? The whole thing with Ealy stinks something hardcore. I honestly think Danny Nutt is a pretty decent RB coach. The RB's are hardly ever fumbling and he's had to deal with a ton of injuries the past few years that have left him sometimes using converted WR's (Birmingham) and converted RB's to DE back to RB (Brandon Holmes) in critical situations.

I'm really hoping to see the Herring effect ripple around the coaching staff and for it to seperate the men from the boys next season.

Jim Harris

Quote from: arntuahog2 on April 16, 2005, 05:06:25 pm
I don't get on here much but it seems there is a lack of some common sense on here sometimes. It is so easy to disrespect coaches or players or the other posters. I was just curious, because I do agree that there seems to be some weaknesses in our asst coaches, but it would be hard to blame Vaughn for all of the recruiting or even half of it for that matter. I thought position coaches recruit and all of the ones that are allowed to are on the road. H Nutt is the head coach and he is utlimately responsible for evaluating the talent. I would expect that Vaughn's role is that of an organizer and administrator that compiles the films, names etc... He can not be held liable for all the shortfalls. The sad part about our recruiting for the last 4 years is where are the players that we signed. Why do we keep losing scholarship players due to not qualifying. I would like someone to run the numbers for us and the SEC as the last 4 to 6 years with scholarships and signees and how many made it to campus, how many played a down and then how many lettered as well as started and contributed. I think we have averaged about 4 to 5 players a year that never make it and with just 23 scholarships that kind of attrition will hurt eventually. I think you can see it in our team now.

Anyway, I would like to know what the complaints from our staff are if there are ANY with Herring.

I truly am 100% behind him and his hiring. He is going to help all coaches and players!

GO HOGS!

When some of the top high school seniors -to-be in the Southeast and Southwest regions of the country are being recruited by the top teams in the country, may have connections to the state of Arkansas, and as of April 18 haven't even received a friggin' letter from the University of Arkansas guaging their interest, there is a problem, and that problem to me would fall iwith the recruiting coordinator.

And, this coming to me via a player since the media was banned from practice, it was Vaughn last week who was bitching about Herring's style as he left the practice field. The same Vaughn that Frank suggest to Nutt that he fire. Oh, but Nutt didn't want to topple the hot-recruiting applecart we had headed our way with Vaughn pushing it over in Florida and Georgia. Some applecart, with damaged apples who didn't play half or more of their season, while the good ones went elsewhere.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: drakehog on April 17, 2005, 08:46:13 pm
Quote from: arntuahog2 on April 16, 2005, 05:06:25 pm
I don't get on here much but it seems there is a lack of some common sense on here sometimes. It is so easy to disrespect coaches or players or the other posters. I was just curious, because I do agree that there seems to be some weaknesses in our asst coaches, but it would be hard to blame Vaughn for all of the recruiting or even half of it for that matter. I thought position coaches recruit and all of the ones that are allowed to are on the road. H Nutt is the head coach and he is utlimately responsible for evaluating the talent. I would expect that Vaughn's role is that of an organizer and administrator that compiles the films, names etc... He can not be held liable for all the shortfalls. The sad part about our recruiting for the last 4 years is where are the players that we signed. Why do we keep losing scholarship players due to not qualifying. I would like someone to run the numbers for us and the SEC as the last 4 to 6 years with scholarships and signees and how many made it to campus, how many played a down and then how many lettered as well as started and contributed. I think we have averaged about 4 to 5 players a year that never make it and with just 23 scholarships that kind of attrition will hurt eventually. I think you can see it in our team now.

I truly am 100% behind him and his hiring. He is going to help all coaches and players!

GO HOGS!

When some of the top high school seniors -to-be in the Southeast and Southwest regions of the country are being recruited by the top teams in the country, may have connections to the state of Arkansas, and as of April 18 haven't even received a friggin' letter from the University of Arkansas guaging their interest, there is a problem, and that problem to me would fall iwith the recruiting coordinator.

And, this coming to me via a player since the media was banned from practice, it was Vaughn last week who was bitching about Herring's style as he left the practice field. The same Vaughn that Frank suggest to Nutt that he fire. Oh, but Nutt didn't want to topple the hot-recruiting applecart we had headed our way with Vaughn pushing it over in Florida and Georgia. Some applecart, with damaged apples who didn't play half or more of their season, while the good ones went elsewhere.

That figures, I knew it was probably Vaughn, the guy who shouldn't be in the stadium without having to first buy a ticket.  Nutt needs to send that no talent, no recruiting punk packing NOW!!!  He's worthless.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Porkahontas on April 16, 2005, 09:17:24 pm

I'm all for Malzhan taking Vaughn's place on the staff. Not only would we be getting an offensive genius, but Malzhan is a proven recruiter from his days as Shiloh.

How many coaches in Division I let an assistant coach go, only to bring that same guy back a couple years later? The whole thing with Ealy stinks something hardcore. I honestly think Danny Nutt is a pretty decent RB coach. The RB's are hardly ever fumbling and he's had to deal with a ton of injuries the past few years that have left him sometimes using converted WR's (Birmingham) and converted RB's to DE back to RB (Brandon Holmes) in critical situations.

I'm really hoping to see the Herring effect ripple around the coaching staff and for it to seperate the men from the boys next season.

Danny Nutt is so up on our team, he did not even know that one of our key returnees had had surgery in the offseason.

Hoggysoprano

Quote from: drakehog on April 17, 2005, 08:48:47 pm

Danny Nutt is so up on our team, he did not even know that one of our key returnees had had surgery in the offseason.

You got to be kidding? Is this really true?  What a loser, guess he fumbled that one.  I can't stand that guy, never have liked him and I never will.  Houston is at least a nice guy, Danny is a world class moron.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Larry the Cable Hog on April 17, 2005, 08:50:20 pm
Quote from: drakehog on April 17, 2005, 08:48:47 pm

You got to be kidding? Is this really true? What a loser, guess he fumbled that one. I can't stand that guy, never have liked him and I never will. Houston is at least a nice guy, Danny is a world class moron.

danged Yes it's true.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ROAD HOGG on April 17, 2005, 08:59:04 pm
This is an interesting Thread, but I have a question and an EDUCATED GUESS on my part. Who REALLY hired Reggie Herring? My guess is it was JFB and Herring has the authority to do what he believes is NECESSARY! Thus, all of the brain-trusts from MURRAY STATE are PISSED because their fearless leader has been castrated so to speak!! ;D ;D ;D

No, I think Frank suggested the "type" of coach Nutt should get, and he really had wanted to bring in Herring. Frank just had to supply enough capital.

tophawg19

herring & nutt are supposed to be old friends who just decided to get together .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins