Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions and Comments for Press Row 7-9 AM, Listen live on Radio on Web

Started by bomattingly, April 14, 2005, 07:30:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hoggysoprano

Guys about to leave in five minutes so I have a quesiton for you.  Who is going to play Herring with the offense? Looks like Herring is getting the defenses attention, now who will fix the offense and also the special teams?

HOGCATCH

Do any of these top AAU ballers even have the Hogs on their radar? We need Pat Jenkins to give us the scoop on some of these players!

Mike,

I share your position on kickers! I think the kicker should have to play another position as well as kicker just like back in the day! Had the face mask been developed back when you played?
Winning is a way of life!

Shawn

Bo and Mike,
Rumor has it that Frank is not pleased with the basketball waterboy. Was the waterboy mentioned in the 4 page report? If they find a new waterboy will the old waterboy have to transfer? And finally, if the old waterboy transfers will he have to sit out a year?

HogDodging

How can you act like last year's offense was so good?  Big deal if we were third in the league in scoring.
In case you've conveniently forgotten what your friend Nutt did last year, his team finished 5-6, with a senior QB.
This year, we are going in without a proven QB.
Give me one good reason to be optimistic about the prospects for this year's team.  Please.
The only thing good that can come out of this season is that it, hopefully, will be Nutt's last.

Hoggysoprano

Maybe I didn't ask that last question right. Herring has brought a lot of intensity to the defense, who is going to do this for the offense and for the special teams.  The special teams were terrible last year, and the offense if you take away Matt Jones would of scored maybe 10 points a game.  Matt will be missed and cannot be replaced, guys like him don't come along very often. We can't have a guy go out and say in the huddle "Ok you run that way you run down the middle and you run about 10 yards down field, if you're open I'll throw it, if not I'll just take it to the house myself". We don't have "That guy" anymore. There will have to be some coaching done on offense, something that hasn't had to be done for four years.

RzrbckMAJ

Is there any word about Bridges and Rowlett possibly coming back anytime this season?
If not, how much is this going to hurt their chances of playing at the next level?
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."<br />-- General George S. Patton, Jr

bomattingly

Quote from: RzrbckLT on April 14, 2005, 08:44:19 am
Is there any word about Bridges and Rowlett possibly coming back anytime this season?
If not, how much is this going to hurt their chances of playing at the next level?
In regards to them coming back: there's a better chance of me winning the lottery and I don't have a ticket.

Buck Ocean

QuoteIn regards to them coming back: there's a better chance of me winning the lottery and I don't have a ticket.

Hey dude I got your Powerball ticket at the stateline store this afternoon, and also got you a ticket to the first annual "fruitcake carnival" at Ron's.
Think like a Jedi

Slacker

Bo and Mike,

Let's hear a football pre season prediction.  Game by game from you both. What games are we going to win, which will we lose?

And lastely, who do you think will be the stand out star on the football team next season? 

g.lynn

A few suggestions;

1.  Why not start the show with a recap of Sport Headlines in the Morning Newspapers (DemGaz, AM News, HOgWIRED.com, other SEC papers/websites) and encourage comments from listeners?

2.  Bo, when you have an interview on like Mike Conley Thursday AM talking about the Real Deal On The Hill AAU basketball tournament, why change the subject to some post on Hogville about football.  The topic was BASKETBALL.  Do you have ADD or what?

3.  Every once and awhile, like this AM, encourage threads to Hogville about "wow you should go see so..an..so playing for so..an..so AAU team at BUD/FHS/RJHS/AllStarSports" or "Must see Real Deal on The Hill games" because you two can not possibly cover everything going on this weekend.

and 4.  The next time a caller calls and complains about Hog Basketball recruiting, ask them if they still have their ticket stub from their weekend pass to the April 22-24 Real Deal On The Hill AAU tournament?  I'll have mine!

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

bomattingly

Quote from: g.lynn on April 14, 2005, 09:44:50 pm
A few suggestions;

1. Why not start the show with a recap of Sport Headlines in the Morning Newspapers (DemGaz, AM News, HOgWIRED.com, other SEC papers/websites) and encourage comments from listeners?

2. Bo, when you have an interview on like Mike Conley Thursday AM talking about the Real Deal On The Hill AAU basketball tournament, why change the subject to some post on Hogville about football. The topic was BASKETBALL. Do you have ADD or what?
Hey, thanks for the input.  We usually hit the headlines in the first segment.   Not sure what you're referring to with Conley.  I certainly did not bring up a football question while interviewing Conley.  I may have mentioned something after the interview and moved on to something else. 

As far as A.D.D. I'm almost finished washing my car.  I started the 2nd day of spring football practice, but then went to a basketball press conference which was in the weight room, which made me want to work out and then I watched some of the baseball game.  Is Hamblin unreal or what, and then I.....where were we again?  I gotta tell ya, band camp is kickin my tail.

HeathHateMe

It's always interesting when paid professionals get their facts wrong.  I have corrected Wally Hall on more than one occassion via e-mail and have seen the correction printed the next day in the paper.  I'm not talking about minute facts, I'm talking about the obvious ones like when Mike told Scott Cain that his paper needed to correct Bama's record, very obvious, and the mistake occurred for a couple days until Mike pointed it out.

Hey Bo, on the 6:00 and 10:00 news when you were "reporting" on the Hogs current win streak you said they are in the midst of a 6 game win streak.  Said it on both broadcasts, on Thursday after their 8th consecutive win.  They are in the middle of an 8 game win streak.

1 Last Auburn Game
2 North Colorado Games
3 Vandy Games
1 ORU Game
1 SMS Game
8 Total.

You have to take your fact checking to a higher level if you are going to report on the Razorback Nation, but I'm sure DVH wouldn't give a bleep, he's too busy getting bleeped off at the umps, and kicking bleep and taking names.

A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

mikeirwin

Quote from: HOGCATCH on April 14, 2005, 08:10:26 am
Mike,
I share your position on kickers! I think the kicker should have to play another position as well as kicker just like back in the day! Had the face mask been developed back when you played?
I wore a one bar face mask.
In those days it was possible to punch a guy in the face even though he was wearing a helmet.
Basically you grab the bar with your left hand, pull down and hit him in the nose with your right hand (reverse the proceedure for southpaws). You could also push up on the bar and hit him under the jaw with an uppercut. Of  course doing this left a certain portion the attacker's anatomy vunlerable to a low blow. More than once I've seen such an attacker end up talking in a high voice for a few days.

bomattingly

Quote from: HeathHateMe on April 14, 2005, 10:37:41 pm
It's always interesting when paid professionals get their facts wrong. I have corrected Wally Hall on more than one occassion via e-mail and have seen the correction printed the next day in the paper. I'm not talking about minute facts, I'm talking about the obvious ones like when Mike told Scott Cain that his paper needed to correct Bama's record, very obvious, and the mistake occurred for a couple days until Mike pointed it out.

Hey Bo, on the 6:00 and 10:00 news when you were "reporting" on the Hogs current win streak you said they are in the midst of a 6 game win streak. Said it on both broadcasts, on Thursday after their 8th consecutive win. They are in the middle of an 8 game win streak.

1 Last Auburn Game
2 North Colorado Games
3 Vandy Games
1 ORU Game
1 SMS Game
8 Total.

You have to take your fact checking to a higher level if you are going to report on the Razorback Nation, but I'm sure DVH wouldn't give a bleep, he's too busy getting bleeped off at the umps, and kicking bleep and taking names.

leave me a lone.  we're going streaking in the quad. 

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

abq

Hey, is my personal ad for a BBW age/race unimportant, for long walks in the park, dancing in the rain, and light maintenance on farm machinery in today's classifieds?

Semper Hogelis

Great minds think alike. Not a picky man. Big girls need love too.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Buck Ocean

QuoteBig girls need love too.

And so does Nolan.....but I opt to make fun of him instead.
Think like a Jedi

abq

Quote from: abq on April 15, 2005, 08:27:11 am
Hey, is my personal ad for a BBW age/race unimportant, for long walks in the park, dancing in the rain, and light maintenance on farm machinery in today's classifieds?

I'm still wondering about my classified. I don't get the DemGaz out here and my tractor's broke and it looks like rain tomorrow!