Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We will be unstoppable this year

Started by alltimeqb, September 17, 2007, 02:58:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alltimeqb

I think we will be unstoppable this year and here is why:

1. With a new coach, excitment will return to the progam and the atmosphere in Bud Walton will reflect that.  Our road following may also return to the way it once was.

2.  Our returning line-up and some pretty good new guys.  With our returning line-up and seniors we will have the experience neccessary to compete at the highest level in the SEC, we will dominate inside and with some help from our newcomers and gained experience from the likes of Welsh, we will have a much improved 3 pt average.

3.  Style of play.  Because of coach Pel we will be able to play full court offense and defense unlike anything we have seen in the last 5 years.  For any team that trys to slow us down into a half court game, good luck, we have plenty experience in that too.

4.  League competetion.  We are the best team in the SEC hands down! We return all of our starters from a team that placed second, behind Florida, in the SEC tourny, and has been to back-to-back NCAA tournys.

Here is my prediction:  We will win the West and go on to win the SEC tourny.  If we can do this, there is no reason to believe that wont get at least a 2 seed in the big show.  I look for us to make it to the Elite 8.

I know this is a bold prediction, but we are about to show the country what Akansas Basketball is all about.

coach, my back hurts

I dont think your predictions are too bold.  I dont think those are quit expected, but if an Ark team is to win the SEC and get to the Sweet16 or further, this is the team to do it.

I will be satisfied with winning the West and hopefully getting to the SEC champ game.  I also want us to, first, win a NCAATourny game, but i really want us to make it the Sweet16.  However, if things go right and the ball bounces our way, we could very easily be a team favored to win it this yr.  At least a top 5 or 6 team to watch for come tourny time.

But before we annoint Pel as the next Sutton or Richardson, lets watch that first game or tournament in Rico and see how they look.  I know we'll all feel alot better, or worse, after watching them that 1st few games.

pbjones81

Quote from: alltimeqb on September 17, 2007, 02:58:47 am
I think we will be unstoppable this year and here is why:

1. With a new coach, excitment will return to the progam and the atmosphere in Bud Walton will reflect that.  Our road following may also return to the way it once was.

2.  Our returning line-up and some pretty good new guys.  With our returning line-up and seniors we will have the experience neccessary to compete at the highest level in the SEC, we will dominate inside and with some help from our newcomers and gained experience from the likes of Welsh, we will have a much improved 3 pt average.

3.  Style of play.  Because of coach Pel we will be able to play full court offense and defense unlike anything we have seen in the last 5 years.  For any team that trys to slow us down into a half court game, good luck, we have plenty experience in that too.

4.  League competetion.  We are the best team in the SEC hands down! We return all of our starters from a team that placed second, behind Florida, in the SEC tourny, and has been to back-to-back NCAA tournys.

Here is my prediction:  We will win the West and go on to win the SEC tourny.  If we can do this, there is no reason to believe that wont get at least a 2 seed in the big show.  I look for us to make it to the Elite 8.

I know this is a bold prediction, but we are about to show the country what Akansas Basketball is all about.

your post was getting me pretty pumped up until you misspelled arkansas...that ruined it for me.  at least spell it right.  just kiddin just kiddin  :P   I like your prediction...hope it happens