Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do you know a QB from a Texas HS is good?

Started by MysticHog, September 13, 2007, 11:20:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeB_Hawg

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 13, 2007, 03:29:46 pm
Quote from: hogtusk on September 13, 2007, 02:37:41 pm
Quote from: hogfanintx on September 13, 2007, 02:24:21 pm
Quote from: hogtusk on September 13, 2007, 02:19:12 pm
Quote from: hogfanintx on September 13, 2007, 02:05:23 pm
Quote from: hogtusk on September 13, 2007, 02:00:09 pm
Quote from: MLH on September 13, 2007, 01:53:55 pm
Quote from: hogtusk on September 13, 2007, 01:22:01 pm
Quote from: MysticHog on September 13, 2007, 11:20:28 am
Answer:
He signs with Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech or Oklahoma.  Not Arkansas
So did Casey or Nathan Dick beat you out in HS. CD is just a junior he will be fine. Seriously, ever since CD beat out MM last year he has gotten no respect. Give him some time.

Beat him out!!!  What the hell are you talking about.  MM was pulled after one bad pass just after THE BOOK was released.  MM was never given another chance after that even though CD was sucking wind.  WAKE THE FREAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I thought when they pulled a player and replaced him with one who was doing better it was called "beating him out". Guess I'm just old school.

dude seriously.  didn't know you old guys smoked crack.  You need to quit though it will kill you and make you do silly things.  seven consecutive victories ugly or not is what Mustain did.  Then after one pass he is jerked from the game by a dork.  That isn't getting beat out.  what is sad is the same head coach that says he benched Mustain because of his quick hook allowed Casey Dick to flounder through the LSU game with 4-17 passing.  Where was the quick hook?  At that moment the ball boy was throwing better than Dick.  Does that mean HDN should have played him?
Actually that is getting beat out. If the ball boy could get the job done better in the coach's opinion then sure he should play. (If he is eligible) :)
I pretty sure were why I'm seeing this animosity towards Dick, now it's beginning to make sense.

bet the ball boy could go 4-17 and lose
Well from looking at your picture, I'm going out on a limb and guess that #16 is for MM and not Nathan Emert.
MM will be a very good QB, probably will get a shot at the NFL. But he was stinking the joint up when he got pulled last year. IMO
Don't put that on CD, blame the coaches if you want but take it easy on the players.

I will call out coaches and players when they don't do well.  I think every person that worries too much about players feeling should go to a Yankee game in the Bronx.  If someone stinks up the field I will do my best to let them know.  same for the coaches.  Casey D may be the greatest person in the world, but there is no way he should be a starting QB at the university of Arkansas.  HDN should no longer be the head coach.  Put him in charge of cheerleading.  His rah rah style helped turn the hogs around in a time of need, but he has built no stability and can never seem to sustain winning. 

They are college kids...not Yankees playing with multi-million contracts.

Stay classy [CENSORED] bag.

JoeB_Hawg

Quote from: Boar in the USA on September 13, 2007, 01:06:48 pm
Answer:
That's a nice sentiment to have towards the many QBs from Texas who have signed with us over the years. Quit proving you're an a$$hole, please.

But mystichog is the all-knowing one...he predicted that Dan Reeves would be the next AD.

djgaffer

Answer:
So did Casey or Nathan Dick beat you out in HS. CD is just a junior he will be fine. Seriously, ever since CD beat out MM last year he has gotten no respect. Give him some time.

Beat him out!!!  What the hell are you talking about.  MM was pulled after one bad pass just after THE BOOK was released.  MM was never given another chance after that even though CD was sucking wind.  WAKE THE FREAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I thought when they pulled a player and replaced him with one who was doing better it was called "beating him out". Guess I'm just old school.

dude seriously.  didn't know you old guys smoked crack.  You need to quit though it will kill you and make you do silly things.  seven consecutive victories ugly or not is what Mustain did.  Then after one pass he is jerked from the game by a dork.  That isn't getting beat out.  what is sad is the same head coach that says he benched Mustain because of his quick hook allowed Casey Dick to flounder through the LSU game with 4-17 passing.  Where was the quick hook?  At that moment the ball boy was throwing better than Dick.  Does that mean HDN should have played him?
Actually that is getting beat out. If the ball boy could get the job done better in the coach's opinion then sure he should play. (If he is eligible) :)
I pretty sure were why I'm seeing this animosity towards Dick, now it's beginning to make sense.

Well from looking at your picture, I'm going out on a limb and guess that #16 is for MM and not Nathan Emert.
MM will be a very good QB, probably will get a shot at the NFL. But he was stinking the joint up when he got pulled last year. IMO
Don't put that on CD, blame the coaches if you want but take it easy on the players.

I will call out coaches and players when they don't do well.  I think every person that worries too much about players feeling should go to a Yankee game in the Bronx.  If someone stinks up the field I will do my best to let them know.  same for the coaches.  Casey D may be the greatest person in the world, but there is no way he should be a starting QB at the university of Arkansas.  HDN should no longer be the head coach.  Put him in charge of cheerleading.  His rah rah style helped turn the hogs around in a time of need, but he has built no stability and can never seem to sustain winning. 

I'm sure with your post count you weren't here last year.

I respect your policy of calling players out... but that means you should be callling out Mustain for 7 for 22 with 3 ints and 5 for 13 against a directional school.  If you're going to make a policy, at least be consistent with it, no matter what jersey you wear in your avatar.

Casey and Mitch were basically even last year.  I thought pulling Mitch was the right move at the time.  I also kept waiting for him to get in the game at LSU and Florida. 

Regardless, Casey is the only one on this campus now... Critique is fine but it's not going to bring Mitch back. 

HOG RED UMP

On average , since the 1950's most 'good' QBs do not come from Texas.....they came from
California, Pennsylvania, and Louisiana.............skewers the heck out of the supposition....and
then you must factor in the number of D1 schools in those states versus Arkansas to weigh
the averages............
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

MysticHog

Answer:

dude seriously.  didn't know you old guys smoked crack.  You need to quit though it will kill you and make you do silly things.  seven consecutive victories ugly or not is what Mustain did.  Then after one pass he is jerked from the game by a dork.  That isn't getting beat out.  what is sad is the same head coach that says he benched Mustain because of his quick hook allowed Casey Dick to flounder through the LSU game with 4-17 passing.  Where was the quick hook?  At that moment the ball boy was throwing better than Dick.  Does that mean HDN should have played him?

Yeah I agree those 8-0 starts really stink.

MysticHog

Quote from: djgaffer on September 13, 2007, 04:49:39 pm
Answer:

I respect your policy of calling players out... but that means you should be callling out Mustain for 7 for 22 with 3 ints and 5 for 13 against a directional school.  If you're going to make a policy, at least be consistent with it, no matter what jersey you wear in your avatar.

Casey and Mitch were basically even last year.  I thought pulling Mitch was the right move at the time.  I also kept waiting for him to get in the game at LSU and Florida. 

Regardless, Casey is the only one on this campus now... Critique is fine but it's not going to bring Mitch back. 

I hate to get into ths again but Mitch never expected to even play last year, Nutt out of desperation put Gus in charge of the offense against USC put Mitch in and we scored in four plays.  That my friend is a fact, he burnt his redshirt out of desperation to score at home against USC.

TheHogFan

Answer:
Drew Brees? What a grossly mis informed comment.

TheHogFan

Answer:

Why are you ignoring the previous games in which he preformed poorly?

TheHogFan

Quote from: donewithdale on September 13, 2007, 02:51:19 pm
Quote from: GBPackerFan on September 13, 2007, 02:45:38 pm
Answer:

But the thing is, is that CD could have won all of those games too (with exception of the Vandy game b/c Mustain did do pretty well in that one), b/c DMac and Felix and our D were winning those games...not Mustain.  But CD should have been pulled in that LSU game. 

Debatable whether CD throws that pass to Monk early vs AU in the face of an all out blitz. Good chance he freezes, doesn't react in time or never recognizes it.  That throw helped DMac and FJ establish the run the rest of the game.  It took a few games for teams to realize that Dale still had not allowed for any sophistication to be added to the passing game and Mitch's natural ability was not going to be developed. 
I am the only one who remembers what that pass looked like?

porkurina

Neither Casey nor MM played very good last year.  Casey had been thru fall practice and spring ball.  Casey should have had better numbers.  I didn't have a problem with MM being pulled during the game but if I knew that he would never return or get the same number of reps that Casey did (before starting) then I would not have agreed.  Nutt and staff have destroyed what might have been the future of Razorback football.  Of course my opinion only.

WilsonHog

The best outcome possible happened for Mitch Mustain.   

kennedy

"porkurina"

Casey did practice in the previous Fall....but only mostly as a SCOUT team QB...running other team's offense. I'm sure you understand about that.

He got HURT in the middle of Spring practice..was not 100% and thereafter..was OUT until Sept...when he only got 10% of the reps until later in the season.

Just keeping it real.

djgaffer

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 13, 2007, 05:54:09 pm

Another point that often gets overlooked.  Among MM, Damian, and Gus, all three are in great situations.  Even during their "horrid" time here, all they did was start 8 games and end your career with the best winning percentage in Hogs history and future, make the freshman all SEC team, and get named the Rivals offensive coordinator of the year.

Makes a strong case for "abuse me any time."

The anger, of course, comes from the fact that many people put the hope of the next 4 years of the Razorback nation on their shoulders... and they're gone.  They need someone to blame for their back to back to back championships that were obviously coming but are now gone.

VRaptor

Answer:

One bad pass? Better check your game stats. Anytime he went down field it was up for grabs. :)

RedRock

Who needs a QB?  Paw Paw says you can't win in the SEC with the pass.

GBPackerFan

Answer:

But the thing is, is that CD could have won all of those games too (with exception of the Vandy game b/c Mustain did do pretty well in that one), b/c DMac and Felix and our D were winning those games...not Mustain.  But CD should have been pulled in that LSU game. 

Debatable whether CD throws that pass to Monk early vs AU in the face of an all out blitz. Good chance he freezes, doesn't react in time or never recognizes it.  That throw helped DMac and FJ establish the run the rest of the game.  It took a few games for teams to realize that Dale still had not allowed for any sophistication to be added to the passing game and Mitch's natural ability was not going to be developed. 
I am pretty sure that DMac and Felix's entire season of some of the most outstanding running wasn't setup by one pass that Mustain threw against Auburn.  They would have run over Auburn regardless.  Just like they did against LSU at the end of the season when LSU absolutely knew that all we could do was run the ball...not to mention the fact that LSU had arguably the best defense in that nation.  So, if you are trying to tell me that DMac and Felix need to go shake Mustain's hand and thank him for allowing them to run all over Auburn b/c he completed ONE pass...then you are dreaming and way too in love Mustain.  We only threw the ball 10 times in that game by the way. 

GBPackerFan

Quote from: donewithdale on September 13, 2007, 06:04:05 pm
Quote from: TheHogFan on September 13, 2007, 05:31:54 pm
Answer:

I am the only one who remembers what that pass looked like?

Want to elaborate?  Wasn't a spiral or something so you want to bash it?  The pass was placed to where Monk could not only make a play on it but also do something with it once he caught it.  Plus he threw it off his back foot.  So what it looked like matters or how it was executed and the results? 
Didn't one of the announcers call it an "offensive interception"?

HogsRule

Answer:

I guess you're too young to remember last year. maybe you didn't watch the games. we didn't win those games because of Mustain. he was part of the victory but definitely not the cause. also compare the competition in those games vs who came later.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

samske

A good quarterback is one that finds success in a system that develops and uses his skills.  Houston needs to quite messing with any quarterback other than a running one.  He sucks at developing anything other than running backs...so his quarterback should be a running one. 

I feel bad for Casey because he really hasn't had the opportunity to grow and develop, nor would Mitch, or Kodi Burns had he stayed.  Kudos to Mitch for realizing this and finding another opportunity.  Same with Kodi.  In Casey's situation, good for him for finding a school and using it to get his education.  Even with the poor qb development, he's still on a free ride to a major college to get an education or to learn from a major program to go into coaching in the future.  Hopefully, he's smart enough to use Houston and scholarship to get what he wants from this.

samske

Quote from: HogsRule on September 14, 2007, 12:25:12 am
Answer:

dude seriously.  didn't know you old guys smoked crack.  You need to quit though it will kill you and make you do silly things.  seven consecutive victories ugly or not is what Mustain did.  Then after one pass he is jerked from the game by a dork.  That isn't getting beat out.  what is sad is the same head coach that says he benched Mustain because of his quick hook allowed Casey Dick to flounder through the LSU game with 4-17 passing.  Where was the quick hook?  At that moment the ball boy was throwing better than Dick.  Does that mean HDN should have played him?

I guess you're too young to remember last year. maybe you didn't watch the games. we didn't win those games because of Mustain. he was part of the victory but definitely not the cause. also compare the competition in those games vs who came later.

Mitch certainly didn't hurt the team as he was the QB for 8 wins.  The same can be said of Gus...Damian...Ben Cleveland...Marcus Monk, etc.  They all contributed, none more or less than the others.  They all played pretty much inline with how they should have played based on their experience. 

The overperformed was the defense who was far better than they should have been.  In the end, the bigger, better athletes of the middle-tier/top-tier teams simply were better.

Our underperformer was the special teams (field goals) and head coaching.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: samske on September 14, 2007, 01:23:00 am
Quote from: HogsRule on September 14, 2007, 12:25:12 am
Answer:

Mitch certainly didn't hurt the team as he was the QB for 8 wins.  The same can be said of Gus...Damian...Ben Cleveland...Marcus Monk, etc.  They all contributed, none more or less than the others.  They all played pretty much inline with how they should have played based on their experience. 

The overperformed was the defense who was far better than they should have been.  In the end, the bigger, better athletes of the middle-tier/top-tier teams simply were better.

Our underperformer was the special teams (field goals) and head coaching.
Mustain had no more impact in those games that Skinner did (except for Vandy).

MysticHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 13, 2007, 05:54:09 pm

Very true Wilson, he could of been the starter at ND this year which would not be a good thing.

MysticHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 13, 2007, 11:37:53 am
I don't believe Mystic's point was that good Texas QB's only go to four schools.  The "not Arkansas" part, I believe, was his point.  Though one also could wonder whether those QB's who do come to Arkansas would have been better off somewhere else.

Thanks Biggus, you are better at explaining what I am thinking than I am.

WilsonHog

September 14, 2007, 07:59:27 am #73 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 08:02:17 am by WilsonHog
With Nutt's history of developing quarterbacks, here is what I believe.

Peyton Manning could walk into our locker room this afternoon and say, "Coach, I'm your quarterback for the next four years."

Within 18 months the man's confidence would be shot to the point that he couldn't start for the Cleveland Browns.

That's one of the reasons why I said the best possible outcome happened for Mustain. If he had stayed and started all four years for this coaching staff he would have left a worse quarterback than he was coming in. If he never starts a single game at USC he'll be a better quarterback just by being in the same room with Pete Carroll and Steve Sarkisian.

MysticHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 14, 2007, 07:59:27 am
With Nutt's history of developing quarterbacks, here is what I believe.

Peyton Manning could walk into our locker room this afternoon and say, "Coach, I'm your quarterback for the next four years."

Within 18 months the man's confidence would be shot to the point that he couldn't start for the Cleveland Browns.

That's one of the reasons why I said the best possible outcome happened for Mustain. If he had stayed and started all four years for this coaching staff he would have left a worse quarterback than he was coming in. If he never starts a single game at USC he'll be a better quarterback just by being in the same room with Pete Carroll and Steve Sarkisian.

How true, I wonder why that is? Is it's Nutt's ego and his short comings in his own abilities at QB in college that he feels intimidated by people with more talent?

Melhog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 13, 2007, 11:25:13 am
Quote from: mikeyg31 on September 13, 2007, 11:21:12 am
Clint Stoerner....

PROJECT

Clint panned out wonderfully after great tutelage from one Joe Ferguson.  He wasn't highly recruited by any top programs as I recall.

You are correct. If I remember, he actually only played QB his senior in High School, so he only had one year of experience at the position.  I don't remember if he moved positions or was playing other sports....????

djgaffer

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 11:14:34 am
Quote from: GBPackerFan on September 13, 2007, 02:10:00 pm
Answer:

You are right...it definitely had nothing to do with the fact that Mustain threw two picks and only got 97 yards in the game prior to that....against LOUISIAN-MONROE!   WAKE THE FREAK UP!!!!!! MUSTAIN SUCKED JUST AS BAD AS CD LAST SEASON!  AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet he led the only touchdown drive against USC, won the Alabama and Vanderbilt games for everyone to vault Nutt to near sainthood, helped the Hogs beat #2 Auburn and won 8 straight as starting QB...stats that Dick never touched and never will.

If you even had a CLUE of how many great quarterbacks started out throwing pics, telegraphing passes and making all kinds of mistakes before becoming accomplished field generals. 

You will see him again...and you will see him leading the USC Trojans to many victories.  When you do, remember to take a large board and smack yourself in the head a few more times than you regularly do and remind yourself what could have been.

WHAT WERE YOU SAYING?  STOP SNIFFING THE GLUE AND CLEAR YOUR FOGGY MIND OUT A BIT!!!

Robert Johnson led us on a 13 play, 80 yard touchdown drive against USC.  Mustain's wasn't the only one. 

There is no question that Mustain had and still has the potential to be a great QB, one that we will likely see in California if not on Sundays.  But when he was pulled, he had been bad if not terrible.  They had basically taken the ball out of his hands due to a lack of confidence in him.  Pulling him was the right move.  That said, he should have gotten an opportunity against LSU and Florida when we were stalled. 

If he was here, he would be the most talented QB on campus.  But that does not take away the fact that he and Casey were basically the same a year ago.  It doesn't make someone blind or on any drugs if they point that out.

GBPackerFan

September 14, 2007, 11:37:06 am #78 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:00:51 pm by HoopHog
Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 11:14:34 am
Quote from: GBPackerFan on September 13, 2007, 02:10:00 pm
Answer:

You are right...it definitely had nothing to do with the fact that Mustain threw two picks and only got 97 yards in the game prior to that....against LOUISIAN-MONROE!   WAKE THE FREAK UP!!!!!! MUSTAIN SUCKED JUST AS BAD AS CD LAST SEASON!  AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet he led the only touchdown drive against USC, won the Alabama and Vanderbilt games for everyone to vault Nutt to near sainthood, helped the Hogs beat #2 Auburn and won 8 straight as starting QB...stats that Dick never touched and never will.

If you even had a CLUE of how many great quarterbacks started out throwing pics, telegraphing passes and making all kinds of mistakes before becoming accomplished field generals. 

You will see him again...and you will see him leading the USC Trojans to many victories.  When you do, remember to take a large board and smack yourself in the head a few more times than you regularly do and remind yourself what could have been.

WHAT WERE YOU SAYING?  STOP SNIFFING THE GLUE AND CLEAR YOUR FOGGY MIND OUT A BIT!!!
a) He didn't lead the only TD drive against USC 
b) Tiffin, Bama's kicker, won that game for us...definitely not Mustain's 7 for 22 and 3 INTs genius
c) Mustain completed one big pass, that was demmed by one announcer as an "offensive interception", in the Auburn game.  DMac and Felix did the rest.

Anyone other "facts" you want to throw out there slick?

GBPackerFan

Quote from: donewithdale on September 14, 2007, 10:42:48 am
Quote from: GBPackerFan on September 13, 2007, 10:57:52 pm
Answer:

I am pretty sure that DMac and Felix's entire season of some of the most outstanding running wasn't setup by one pass that Mustain threw against Auburn.  They would have run over Auburn regardless.  Just like they did against LSU at the end of the season when LSU absolutely knew that all we could do was run the ball...not to mention the fact that LSU had arguably the best defense in that nation.  So, if you are trying to tell me that DMac and Felix need to go shake Mustain's hand and thank him for allowing them to run all over Auburn b/c he completed ONE pass...then you are dreaming and way too in love Mustain.  We only threw the ball 10 times in that game by the way. 

Where the hell did I say that ONE PASS setup the entire season you dumbass?  Drop the GD agenda.  You can't even have a [CENSORED] reasonable conversation with you over this subject because of your bashing. 

Full disclosure for you you sack of ...., I was banned from here last Fall by Mike Irwin(thank god he isn't moderating any longer) for trying to be objective about Mitch.  I've never had any 'love' as you call it for anything Springdale, Mitch Gus, SD High, Shiloh,... Never lived there and never cared for them.  But pieces of crap like you with agendas of bashing without any objectivity have forced some of us to take a side to defend Mitch.  I did the same for Robert Johnson when idiots lost all objectivity concerning him too and refused to realize just how badly Nutt and his staff managed and developed him.  Just bashed him relentlessly. 

Try not to be such an extreme homer.
Where in my statement did I bash Mustain?  Uh...thats right...I didn't.  All I did was give praise where praise was due.  Also, you claimed that that one pass set up DMac and Felix's running game for the entire game.  Based on the entire season, I believe that they didn't need Mustain to complete one pass to allow them to run all over Defenses like they did. 

P.S.-You probably need to go get a real life away from the computer if you are really getting this upset and worked up over a message board.  Pop a pill and go watch cartoons or something.

djgaffer

Quotea) He didn't lead the only TD drive against USC 
WOW, THE POINT IS, MUSTAIN LED A SCORING EFFORT AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSES IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, YOU MENTAL CRUTCH.

And if you had said that, you would have been accurate.  What you said is that Mustain led the "only" TD drive against USC, which we corrected you on.  Does bolding, using all caps, and calling people names make you feel less wrong?

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: JoeB_Hawg on September 13, 2007, 04:44:58 pm
Answer:

Stay classy feminine tool bag.

tell you what smart mouth punk.  I will take a tool bag and shove it right up your friggin ass.  You want to resort to name calling because you are too stupid to make an intelligent arguement then bring it on.  Or better yet bring it in person.  I will be in AL for you game.  will you be.  Would be more than happy to smack you all over the tail gate area.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: djgaffer on September 13, 2007, 04:49:39 pm
Answer:

Im not trying to bring mitch back I am trying to get rid of the moron that is running our football team.  I am sick of the 60 year old millionaire that can't keep his own ego and personal agenda in check.  Yes MM didn't play like an all american last year.  The point in case you are a little slow is that he had the POTENTIAL TO BRING SOMETHING SPECIAL TO THE U OF A.  Key word had the potential.   The guy playing that position now doesn't have it.
Let's make some waves.

MM-gohogs

Answer:

houston nutt doesn't recruit them.
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 12:31:59 pm
Quote from: hogfanintx on September 14, 2007, 12:27:40 pm
Quote from: JoeB_Hawg on September 13, 2007, 04:44:58 pm
Answer:

Stay classy feminine tool bag.

tell you what smart mouth punk.  I will take a tool bag and shove it right up your friggin ass.  You want to resort to name calling because you are too stupid to make an intelligent arguement then bring it on.  Or better yet bring it in person.  I will be in AL for you game.  will you be.  Would be more than happy to smack you all over the tail gate area.

Hogfan...shake it off buddy!  :D  You have fun in Bama this weekend!!!

Thanks man.  It just irritates me to no end when some idiot jumps on here and can't decide how to make an arguement so they resort to name calling of other posters.  I have been kicked off the morning news site three times because of that garbage.  These huggers seem to always be able to say anything they want to anyone.  Then when they get a nasty reply or a put up or shut up I get into trouble.  I am  sick of it.  I am sick of feeble minded people that blindly follow an incompetent head coach.  Who cares that Nutt ran all those guys off?  Well I care for one.  Not so much even the ones that left, but more that he has set our program back for years now.  What bigtime passing qb would ever, ever, ever, ever want to come to AR now?  Please some hugger tell me.  Please?  HDN might as well just go full bore wishbone.  The anger it causes me when I see allllllllll these people out there that don't see it, can't see it, or just refuse to believe it.  It's like the wife that knows her husband is cheating, but because she hasn't walked in on them she believes in her mind it's not happening.
Let's make some waves.

bkofkells

If you want a good QB you are better off recruiting California. Texas hasn't prouduced any Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, John Elway types in a long time. Track the career of Aaron Corp and better yet USC QB of the future Matt Barkeley at Santa Ana Mater Dei (MB is an '09 recruit). Nate Longshore at Cal and Colt Brennan at Hawaii aren't too shabby either. If Hawaii can get a primo Cali QB, the Hogs should be able to as well.

HoopHog

September 14, 2007, 12:52:44 pm #86 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:59:13 pm by HoopHog
Hogfanintx -

Don't be too surprised if you see that "Nutt going full bore" this weekend when he tries to gussy it up and call it something else, when it is really just a re-do of the wishbone.

But yes...we still live in the land of sequestered thought.  I once got pulled over by an Arkansas state trooper and was almost locked away because he found an "Introduction to Logic" text book in the backseat.  When he spotted the "Hendrix College Bookstore" stamp on the inner sleeve, I felt like a doomed infidel in a hostile foreign land.  Luckily, I had some left over Shipley's donuts and so I was able to negotiate my release of my own recognizance!!!  Nonetheless, such items indicate a subversive desire to undermine the status quo of assumptive thinking...this is just pinko crap that Arkansan's just can not tolerate!!!  :D

Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 12:52:44 pm
Hogfanintx -

Don't be too surprised if you see that "Nutt going full bore" this weekend when he tries to gussy it up and call it something else, when it is really just a re-do of the wishbone.

But yes...we still live in the land of sequestered thought.  I once got pulled over by an Arkansas state trooper and was almost locked away because he found an "Introduction to Logic" text book in the backseat.  Such items indicate a subversive desire to undermine the status quo of assumptive thinking...this is just pinko crap that Arkansan's just can not tolerate!!!  :D

well I dunno man.   I give up pretty much.  Hope the hogs do well, but the first close game they end up in where the situation calls for a downfield pass we will lose.  I won't blame Casey, Or Dick Junior, or any of the seven hundred walk on qb's that we have.  I will place blame where blame is due.  Head coach.  He is the one constant up there on the hill.  well he a frankenstein
Let's make some waves.

HoopHog

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 14, 2007, 01:00:48 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on September 14, 2007, 12:52:44 pm
Hogfanintx -

But yes...we still live in the land of sequestered thought.  I once got pulled over by an Arkansas state trooper and was almost locked away because he found an "Introduction to Logic" text book in the backseat.  Such items indicate a subversive desire to undermine the status quo of assumptive thinking...this is just pinko crap that Arkansan's just can not tolerate!!!  :D

well I dunno man.   I give up pretty much.  Hope the hogs do well, but the first close game they end up in where the situation calls for a downfield pass we will lose.  I won't blame Casey, Or Dick Junior, or any of the seven hundred walk on qb's that we have.  I will place blame where blame is due.  Head coach.  He is the one constant up there on the hill.  well he a frankenstein

PERFECT SUMMATION as far as I am concerned.