Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What jobs would Nutt consider leaving for?

Started by HeathWimp, September 13, 2007, 06:59:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SuthrnFballer15

I'm speculating that Miles is on his way to his Alma-M. in Michigan to coach the Wolverines so the LSU job could be on his list.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

softballguy8

Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

hogrider

Quote from: PolishPigPower on September 13, 2007, 09:08:57 am
Quote from: wayne1958 on September 13, 2007, 07:21:38 am
Quarterback coach at USC

Oh wow... what a freakin' wonderful prank that would be for Pete Carroll to play on Mitch & Damian... I can hear the laughs and "gotchas!" already.

I'm thinking he could take over at Texarkana (AR) High.  He could keep on loving that same helmet pretty much, right?

Arkansas High would be a step up. I don't think Ar. High would want to take a step backwards.

67Hog

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on September 13, 2007, 10:27:33 pm
I'm speculating that Miles is on his way to his Alma-M. in Michigan to coach the Wolverines so the LSU job could be on his list.

LSU would never put up with Houston Nutt.

A teetotaler, Baptist moralist at Baton Rouge, Louisiana?  Come on.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 13, 2007, 06:53:44 pm
Both Mississippi State and Ole Miss would likely love to have Houston Nutt. Never happen, though, because he would see those jobs as beneath him.

He might think so.  Most fans think he is beneath them!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

67Hog

This is kind of an interesting question when you look at as...

Who would want him? No one in the...

-SEC (know him too well already)
-Big 10 (can't win there, never has, and he is too primitive)
-Pac 10 (see Big 10)
-ACC (who?)
-Big East (see ACC)
-WAC (again?!!!)
-Big 12 (oh good grief!)

-Where?

stronguard

Quote from: 67Hog on September 13, 2007, 11:22:39 pm
This is kind of an interesting question when you look at as...

Who would want him? No one in the...

-SEC (know him too well already)
-Big 10 (can't win there, never has, and he is too primitive)
-Pac 10 (see Big 10)
-ACC (who?)
-Big East (see ACC)
-WAC (again?!!!)
-Big 12 (oh good grief!)

-Where?

I think he would go to the Big XII.  He has victories versus Texas, played competitive with Oklahoma (MAN that was a cold day.) His Alma Mater is there and he could keep what little recruiting ties he has to the area.  Texas or Oklahoma wouldn't have him.  Nebraska won't look twice.  Texas Tech(offensive style issues) doesn't want him.    I think A&M or Okie St or Colorado would hire him, and more importantly he'd go.  If he were fired he would consider  Baylor and Missouri (do the reverse Broyles) Kansas St., Iowa St., or Kansas. 

I vote he goes to the Big XII.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

BSEE78

He should consider returning to a location where he's got an established reputation in his new line of busness.

New Deal Used Cars of Boise

"Trust me."  ;D

Idahog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 13, 2007, 01:58:47 pm
The only ways he leaves for another job are

1.  They throw an absolute ton of $ his way or

2.  The UA tells him it would be in his best interest to find another job, any job.

Other than that he isnt going anywhere. 

I see this as being true.  If he is as much as in his own little world as people say then he has surrounded himself with people who tell him how much love the state of Arkansas has for him, and he truely believes the discontent is from a small and vocal minority of fans.  If he felt he had bigger problems he would be doing more to save his job, such as appease Gus and not try to hire a Co-OC or not run MM off. 

Face it, he thinks the people are on his side.  His actions support this, or he wouldn't have made the power grab he did last season and flash around his new SECW Cracker Jack Championship ring around the place.

This is a man who spoke last season about having statues made. 
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Idahog

Quote from: BSEE78 on September 14, 2007, 12:28:41 am
He should consider returning to a location where he's got an established reputation in his new line of busness.

New Deal Used Cars of Boise

"Trust me."  ;D

He won't be able to sell used cars in Idaho at this point.  Idaho moved into the 21st century after getting rid of him, its not going to take him back.  Maybe he should sell Snake Oil in Fairbanks.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.