Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns to play for Auburn Saturday?

Started by DukeOfPork, September 12, 2007, 09:46:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigzwillfly

I'll start. Way to build that fence brotha.

Boarsbreath

Maybe their fans wont spit on him the way they did Cox, after Tommy burns his shirt and they still get beat bt Miss State!

TennesseeRaz

If Burns scores the winning TD in a month against, Nutt will be able to drive home by the light of his own effigy.  Rightly so.

phadedhawg

I believe we lost Burns due to having Mustain...

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 12, 2007, 09:59:50 pm

I believe we lost Burns due to the way Mustain et. al. were treated.

phadedhawg

September 12, 2007, 10:03:16 pm #6 Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 10:05:39 pm by phadedhawg
Quote from: TennesseeRaz on September 12, 2007, 10:02:07 pm

I don't know if the information had been FOI'd at that time. 

I don't think the info had been foi'd at that point...

could be mistaken with the chain of events though

NuttinItUp

Kodi always seemed like a good kid in high school. Hopefully he has a good career.

Fort Swine

Good luck Kodi.  Nicest kid you would like to meet.  I hope he does well.  Would have looked good in a Hog helmet, but who would want to throw their college career away playing for a QB killer. 
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Calling All Hogs

September 12, 2007, 10:20:10 pm #9 Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:25:35 am by CallMeHog
I wish the Cody Burns era was starting at Arkansas but oh well. Nutt will be gone at the end of this year so no need to
rattle on about how he was recruiting Ft. Smith for something other than football, ect. I wish Cody the best (except when
playing Arkansas).

Hogs-n-Roses

Thats not what Kodi's father said!

Buff

Buff

i thought we only wanted the players that wanted to be hogs?

Hugulus Hog

1 lucky win when Kansas St laid an egg in the last 2 minutes.
1 loss to a better USF team
1 starting QB with an awful o-line in front of him. If he were playing anywhere but Auburn I might feel sorry for him.
Maybe the much ballyhooed Tubs is thinking that a running QB will at least have a chance to run away from the pass rush?

I wonder if Auburn switches to some sort of option attack this week and suddenly option football is a mark of genius?

If we'd wanted Kodi so badly, gus should've recruited him like he was supposed to.

HAWGTROT

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 12, 2007, 10:05:36 pm
Kodi always seemed like a good kid in high school. Hopefully he has a good career.
I have had the pleasure of watching this kid grow up from boys club ball to the SEC. I can't say how much I am happy for his family and for kodi.
Maybe we still have a shot at getting his younger brother :)
MJC

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 12, 2007, 10:50:09 pm
And the youngest Burns might be a better athlete than Khayyam or Kodi.

You name dropper, you!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

HoopHog

WRONG!  We lost him because people on the Hill tried to pull that ridiculous stunt of suggesting that Auburn was using the race card in recruiting, saying that Arkansas will not play a black QB.  When Kodi and his mother found out that Dudley Dawson, Otis Kirk and Chuck Barrett were spewing this crap (that was fed to them by somebody. Hmmmmmm???), they were furious. 

None of these ace journalists ever thought of calling Kodi Burns and asking him directly if this happened.  Of course not.  Their marching orders were to disseminate this information first and foremost, then check the sources.  Kodi Burns mother was posting on Hogville at the time and she and I exchanged a few PM's.  She seems to be a sweet lady, but that pissed her off more than most Hog fans will ever know.  Worse off, it made her very sad that someone with9in the Arkansas program would stoop so low. 

Kodi and his mother (both) said that both programs were very 'above board' in the recruiting process -- until Nutt (or someone within the program) panicked and felt we just couldn't win a commitment in an honest head to head battle...so lies were spread and it ultimately backfired.  Typical crap from the Hill, eh?

Good luck Kodi!  And, if Ms. Burns is still on Hogville...drop me a line!!!

Flatline

It also did not hurt that Tommy was on the sidelines for a game the night before Auburn had a game.  Nutt was not seen on the sidelines and well he was 40 minutes away.

HoopHog

Quote from: MLH on September 12, 2007, 11:01:25 pm
It also did not hurt that Tommy was on the sidelines for a game the night before Auburn had a game.  Nutt was not seen on the sidelines and well he was 40 minutes away.

TRUE!  Meanwhile, last June our own Recruiting guy asked Broderick Green when was the last time he received any contact from Arkansas coaches (visit, correspondence, text...anything) and Broderick's response was "June".  I think this is why Houston is actually recruiting this year...cause it was all handled so DAMN poorly last year!!!

Hugulus Hog

Interesting that the majority of posters on this thread want to plumb the reasons that kb is at Auburn this year. The fact that Auburn has fielded a really bad team this year is much more interesting. Add that the vaunted Tuberville is pulling "the Nutt manuever" and burning a true freshman QB's redshirt in week 3.

Where are the "quick trigger" jokes on Tuberville?  How is this not the exact same coaching decision that hdn is excoriated for on a daily basis?

Tone

TT has repeatedly said that he wants to redshirt KB.  The fans and the media keep bringing the subject up. 

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2007/09/on_the_subject_of_quarterbacks.html

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/1189588841148130.xml&coll=1

Frankly I hope Cox turns it around so that KB can redshirt.

Temprees

Not true.  But believe it if it makes you feel better.

VenturaHog

I feel pretty god about how hard we went after him, unlike mallett ziemba and green. he just didnt want to come here.

Idahog

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on September 12, 2007, 10:02:07 pm

During the recruiting process Chuck Barret made a big issue about Burn's concerns with the "way back QB's are treated at Arkansas" on the airwaves, which was a completely unsubstantiated claim for him to make.  Also the way the soap was going on at Arkansas etc.

In other news:  Ryan Mallet is starting for Michigan vs. Notre Dame
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

PlayCallinBrotha

The Burns family are the type of people our state and city can be proud of, these are the kind people we want out there representing our state, good luck Kodi.

Biggus Piggus

Only Nutt could play it perfectly so that he ended up without Mustain, Mallett and Burns.  IDIOT.
[CENSORED]!

Mr. Hog

Nutt...I built that fence Brotha !!! but 5% tore it down....FIRE THE DORK !!!!!!!!!
Go Hogs Go!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on September 13, 2007, 09:05:43 am
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 13, 2007, 08:55:47 am
Only Nutt could play it perfectly so that he ended up without Mustain, Mallett and Burns.  IDIOT.

It is quite amazing isn't it?

The dork truly has a gift!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Junkyard Hog

That is not the only reason we lost him.  But I guarantee that was taken into consideration.

ListenHereMister

Great for Kodi.  Congrats to him!
Get the BenGay ready b/c Miss. St. will be coming for you.
Just ask Brandon Cox what it is like to have 4 new starters on the Oline!!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: VenturaHog on September 13, 2007, 01:42:30 am
I feel pretty god about how hard we went after him, unlike mallett ziemba and green. he just didnt want to come here.

FALSE.

Kodi's dad called Rick Schaeffer up and set him straight live on the airwaves on that issue.  He said that Kodi was not getting any contact from Arkansas.  Sounds a lot like what Broderick Green had to say.

Rick had to go change his underwear during the commercial break.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: PorkPariah on September 13, 2007, 09:32:43 am

FALSE.

Kodi's dad called Rick Schaeffer up and set him straight live on the airwaves on that issue.  He said that Kodi was not getting any contact from Arkansas.  Sounds a lot like what Broderick Green had to say.

DISPUTED

Rick's source in Ft. Smith also contacted the show to call BS on kb's dad.  kb did what was good for kb, which is fine.  But it's stupid to choose another school and then claim, "oh but he really wishes he could have gone to Arkansas."

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 09:41:02 am

FALSE.

DISPUTED

Rick's source in Ft. Smith also contacted the show to call BS on kb's dad.  kb did what was good for kb, which is fine.  But it's stupid to choose another school and then claim, "oh but he really wishes he could have gone to Arkansas."

COMMON SENSE

Rick's  unnamed "source" vs. Kodi's dad.  Common sense goes with Kodi's dad.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 13, 2007, 09:43:43 am

FALSE.

DISPUTED

COMMON SENSE

UNLIKELY

kb's dad also claimed that UA never recruited the kid.  Since he was Malzahn's responsibility that seems pretty unlikely right?  Malzahn's integrity wouldn't allow him not to actively recruit the kid would it?

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 12, 2007, 10:34:23 pm
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 12, 2007, 10:29:16 pm

Thats not what Kodi's father said!

You're right.

Truthfully, the only reason Burns was considering Arkansas at all was due to Malzahn. That's not to say he'd be in Fayetteville if Malzahn was still there. But Arkansas would have had a better chance with Malzahn than without him.

Didn't Burns commit to Auburn during the season while Malzahn was still at Arkansas

ceegar

Blake Field would replace Cox if and when it happens.  TT still wants to redshirt KB.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

MCPeePants

FALSE.

DISPUTED

LOL at the notion of Rick's source trying to call BS on the recruit's OWN FATHER'S (who, by all accounts, is a stand-up guy) account of the situation.

What incentive would Kim Burns possibly have to call up Drive Time Sports and lie about what happened?   

HOGPICKER

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 12, 2007, 11:13:54 pm
Interesting that the majority of posters on this thread want to plumb the reasons that kb is at Auburn this year. The fact that Auburn has fielded a really bad team this year is much more interesting. Add that the vaunted Tuberville is pulling "the Nutt manuever" and burning a true freshman QB's redshirt in week 3.

Where are the "quick trigger" jokes on Tuberville?  How is this not the exact same coaching decision that hdn is excoriated for on a daily basis?
Very good.  Your are right on.  When you're looking for flaws, they're easy to find. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 09:51:09 am

FALSE.

DISPUTED

COMMON SENSE

UNLIKELY

kb's dad also claimed that UA never recruited the kid.  Since he was Malzahn's responsibility that seems pretty unlikely right?  Malzahn's integrity wouldn't allow him not to actively recruit the kid would it?

RED HERRING

Introducing a Gus Malzahn angle into the discussion in an attempt to divert the reader's attention away from what really went down.

jackwalker

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 13, 2007, 10:41:10 am
That's not to say Rick Schaeffer and his TV source in Fort Smith aren't good people.

No, no. I would say that.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

explain this to me.  according to scout.com Tyler Wilson froom greenwood was offered a scholarship by LSU,Bama,Arizona,Kansas, and Missouri.  He Verbally commited to Tulsa.  Arkansas did not even offer this kid.  Can anyone tell me why?  Is it because they new he wouldn't come to a school that won't throw the ball?  Is it because our coaches thought he wasn't good enough?  Instead we offered and have a verbal from Kale Pick.  he was offered according to the same site by Kansas, colrado st, and Iowa st.  We also offered and have a verbal from Jim Youngblood who was offered by aaparently only Arkansas.  All of that sounds just a bit freaking CRAZY TO ME.
Let's make some waves.

OLDHOG

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on September 13, 2007, 11:00:02 am
Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 09:51:09 am

FALSE.

DISPUTED

COMMON SENSE

UNLIKELY

RED HERRING

Introducing a Gus Malzahn angle into the discussion in an attempt to divert the reader's attention away from what really went down.

ON POINT

Now we have to compare integrity between Mr. Burns and Mr. Malzahn.  If Mr. Burns said kb wasn't recruited by UA, and GM was assigned to recruit kb, then what's true?  By all accounts, Mr. Burns is as honest as the day is long.  If he says kb wasn't recruited, then I have no reason to disbelieve him.  But if I accept that kb wasn't recruited, then I also accept that GM didn't recruit him and hdn only made 1 phone call after GM quit.  

I accept that UA didn't recruit kb.
I also accept that if GM wasn't doing his job, hdn should have held him accountable and we are without excuse.

The nagging problem I have is if kb decided Auburn was best for him, why soft sell it?  If he didn't want to go to Ark, no problem, go be a Tiger and have a great 4 years.  It seems peculiar to say that kb "settled" for Auburn but really wished he could go to Ark.  If nothing else, it would offend me if I were an Auburn fan.

However, the elephant in the room here is that Tuberville has the "quick trigger" because his offense with the experienced QB has been completely ineffective in its first 2 games.  He's burning the freshman's redshirt in hopes that kb's ability to run will help cure what ails that broken offense.  I fail to see how this action is any different from what hdn did last year.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 13, 2007, 11:39:37 am
Quote from: OLDHOG on September 13, 2007, 11:23:26 am
Kodie doesnt play for us, so who cares?

A whole lot of people in Fort Smith care about him. And quite a few Fort Smithians have posted on this thread.

And Hogulus, you have it all wrong. Malzahn did recruit Burns. He was the only one doing so. The only reason Burns was interested in Arkansas was because Malzahn was there. Don't try to tarnish Malzahn with this.

He has to tarnish Malzahn to CNA.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on September 13, 2007, 11:39:37 am
Quote from: OLDHOG on September 13, 2007, 11:23:26 am
Kodie doesnt play for us, so who cares?

A whole lot of people in Fort Smith care about him. And quite a few Fort Smithians have posted on this thread.

And Hogulus, you have it all wrong. Malzahn did recruit Burns. He was the only one doing so. The only reason Burns was interested in Arkansas was because Malzahn was there. Don't try to tarnish Malzahn with this.

I just listened to what Mr. Burns said on the call-in show that day.  He was under the impression that UA didn't contact kb.  I have no reason to doubt his word.  Accepting his word as true suggests that Malzahn didn't do his job.  It cannot be true that UA didn't recruit kb and the GM did recruit kb.  I'm just asking which one are you guys claiming?

However, in fairness, it seemed like Mr. Burns overall purpose in calling was for the Drivetime guys to keep kb's name out of their mouths.

Still not one word about Quick Trigger Tuberville...

hydrophonic

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 11:47:43 amStill not one word about Quick Trigger Tuberville...

Are you seriously trying to compare changing QBs after week 2 to burning Dick's redshirt after - what was it, I don't even remember - week 7?  Or are you trying to compare changing QBs after week 2 to benching 7-0 Mustain in Week 8?

No wonder you haven't gotten a response.  Your apples to oranges comparison doesn't really warrant one.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on September 13, 2007, 11:47:43 am

I just listened to what Mr. Burns said on the call-in show that day.  He was under the impression that UA didn't contact kb.  I have no reason to doubt his word.  Accepting his word as true suggests that Malzahn didn't do his job.  It cannot be true that UA didn't recruit kb and the GM did recruit kb.  I'm just asking which one are you guys claiming?

I remember Kodi's dad tell Rick that Arkansas had STOPPED contacting Kodi.

My understanding is that after Gus left, there was essentially no more contact from Arkansas.  That is what I remember from that on air discussion.

wholehog92

Perhaps the real elephant room is that some person is refusing to admit that HDN does not recruit SEC caliber QBs, or does not develop the ones he gets here into SEC QBs.  To send this great elephant back outside the fence where you feel it belongs, perhaps you could point to the QB that Nutt has recruited and developed into a serious passing threat.

To claim burning KBs redshirt to Nutt burning MMs is asenine.  First of all there is some dispute about whether or not it will actually happen.  Secondly, MMs was yanked to be played in favor of CD who was almost as inexperienced and probably less talented than the possible redshirt.  Cox is a senior that has shown what he is capable of.  TT can see the writing on the wall for his SEC success this year.  If you want to knock him for playing the freshman about something, do it for giving up this season to gain experience for the next one.  As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, if Nutt had the kind of success TT has had, perhaps he would get some wiggle room.  The thing is, he seems more like Brer Bear trying to get loose from the tar baby.  I'm ready to get the feathers out and send him on the way.  It's embarassing the way he flounders about squandering opportunity.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

fullfan

How many huggers on here were saying Kodi would never play QB in the SEC and would end up as a defensive back?   You are out there and you know who you are.  Betcha didn't think Ziemba would start his freshman year in the SEC either did you?