Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official 'Say Something Nice About Alabama' Thread

Started by Table Rocker, September 10, 2007, 11:50:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spdhog

They are inviting us into their house this year, only to get beaten. That's nice of them.

artyhog

They do have a nice campus.  Easy to get around.

Sdalehogfan

They gave us Wincrimson to heckle and make fun of...

Dr Swineglove

Their inbred DNA is only half as corrupted as the average person from Mississippi. 
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

GP

My college roomate was from Albertville Alabama....but he was smart and moved to Fayetteville and played football for the hogs for 4 years!

wincrimson

Quote from: Sdalehogfan on September 11, 2007, 12:14:10 pm

Along with George Wallace, Roy Moore, and Jeff Sessions.

Damn, we're batting .000!

hawgwash

Sdalehogfan

Quote from: Wincrimson on September 11, 2007, 12:52:51 pm
Quote from: Sdalehogfan on September 11, 2007, 12:14:10 pm

Along with George Wallace, Roy Moore, and Jeff Sessions.

Damn, we're batting .000!

LOL

Nashville Fan

They were too smart to hire HDN away from us. :)

oops - I guess that's nice for them. bad for us.
Pittman or Bust!

GolfnHog

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HeavyweightHog

It's not Texas.

I like the Grand Hotel in Point Clear as well.
Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.
          ~Will Rogers

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: taintlint on September 11, 2007, 12:53:19 am
A "friend of mine" lost his virginity at space camp in bama

In the 6th grade?  Give your friend a very big +1.

At least the 6th grade was when i went.

Bomis Hawg

They have a nice back.  Also, I'm really happy that Alabama got Roy Upchurch. 
That way Felix can come to Arkansas.

DCHawg

Dreamland is tasty business, if you are in that part of the world.

DEVICEHIGH

Well i'd have to agree with how the great Joe Kines might describe Alabama.

"wellitsagreatstateifyoulikecollegefootballcusetheydoingwellonandnowtheygotnikesasan"
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

BirminghamBill

I'm a fan of living here.  It's a nice place because I get to see at least one Hog game a year.   Good people if they're not braggin' too hard on Saban.

We're lucky Tenn. sucks so much though... or else we'd fall into the Gulf.

budcampbellfan

My ancestors came to Arkansas in the 1840's from there (with a banjos on their knees).
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

MF

They showed loyalty to their placekicker after he lost the game to us last year.  Let's hope he performs as well this year.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Brand X Hog Fan

You get to pass through Birmingham on the way to the beach. No, really . . . that's it! You get to PASS THROUGH Birmingham!

Favorite thing in Bama is the USS Alabama museum and Mobile in general. Nice old town.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Michael_Porkleone

El Palacio restaurant in Huntsville. It's worth the 550 mile drive from Fayetteville for their mexican plates.

razorrog1

Michael_Porkleone

Quote from: razorrog1 on September 11, 2007, 02:58:57 pm
Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 11, 2007, 08:32:55 am
I love their best cheerleader of all time

Oh, God Lord you are correct!!! 

Elegant, sophisticated, glamorous..............  shaggable.

BartIV

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 11, 2007, 12:04:38 am
for baseball fans, a couple famous alabamians:

hank aaron
willie mays

Whoa, end of discussion!
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Mr. Hog

I commend them for taking a stand against the Powers that be and doing what it takes to get a good coach there !

They will be a force to be reckoned with once again !!!
Go Hogs Go!

HAWGTROT

deserthawg

razorback903

September 11, 2007, 04:11:55 pm #127 Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:13:40 pm by razorback903
I think people are way over thinking this.  Just look at the title....
---Re: Official 'Say Something Nice About Alabama' Thread---

Something Nice About Alabama
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

bd93

I went to Gluf Shores Alabama 3 times this summer and had fun everytime.... but I don't want to go back, I'm pretty sure I've done everything.

hogrocker

hogrocker

HOGPICKER

Bama fans will love you if you beat Auburn, and vice versa. 
The eagle flying around the stadium in Auburn is the coolest college mascot thing I've seen since they quit running Chief Big Track around the track after scores at ASU games. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

HeathWimp

It only cost me $503 to get out of a speeding ticket I got there...
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

beansandtaters

Quote from: Table Rocker on September 11, 2007, 12:04:38 am
for baseball fans, a couple famous alabamians:

hank aaron
willie mays

my favorite baseball player as a kid came from there as well...Ozzie Smith.

The real Hogules

They had enough sense NOT to hire the Nuttless wonder and enough cash to hire a real coach.

And hopefully mercy on our Hogs when they are up by 10+ points this saturday.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hawgfandude

They let Matt score at will when we were down 3 touchdowns in tuskville.

They are really very polite when they are crying about how the officials took the game away from them.

They are cute when they talk about all the National Championships they won including the nine that only they voted for.

MysticHog

Bart STarr played for Bama he is a good guy

Joe Namath played for Bama

Bear Bryant no longer coaches for Bama and was the biggest cheater in football histoy.

Shoatly

The Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail is pretty good.

67Hog

Harper Lee (To Kill a Mockingbird) came from Monroeville.

harleighhawg

The people have nice Southern drawls.....................

AllenK

Birmingham is cool

Dreamland BBQ

My wife is a huge fan of the music group Alabama who hail from Ft.Payne.

Talladega Short Track is awesome!

Alabama is a cool state IMO.
Not drinkin'the Kool-Aid...

geoffhog

I saw a deer there once that was as big as a cow. As a result I've always wanted to deer hunt there.

Oh and when I used to drive a truck years ago, I had a whore at a truck stop in Montgomery offer to "you know what" for $10 dollars. That was a record for cheapness. And NO....I didn't accept, but I was impressed with her work ethic.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Duke of Buckingham

Auburn is in Alabama. That's the nicest thing about Alabama.

diamondp

Quote from: geoffhog on September 11, 2007, 07:14:28 pm
I saw a deer there once that was as big as a cow. As a result I've always wanted to deer hunt there.

Oh and when I used to drive a truck years ago, I had a whore at a truck stop in Montgomery offer to "you know what" for $10 dollars. That was a record for cheapness. And NO....I didn't accept, but I was impressed with her work ethic.

ROFLMAO!!! weren't you even a little curious what $10 bucks bought?
JUST WIN!!!!

LeadHog

Quote from: HoosierDaddy on September 11, 2007, 12:12:53 am
They have their #s on their helmets, just in case you cant see the giant ones on the front and back of their jerseys.

ROFLMAO, that's a good one

blancoriver

Alabama is the only state with all major natural resources needed to make iron and steel.

geoffhog

Quote from: diamondp on September 11, 2007, 08:22:04 pm
Quote from: geoffhog on September 11, 2007, 07:14:28 pm

ROFLMAO!!! weren't you even a little curious what $10 bucks bought?
I was afraid it would buy a little more than I wanted.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Hogs-n-Roses

When our university  grows up I hope it becomes just like Bama, They are the #1 name in college football. If I were not a hog,I would definitely be for Bama. They have 100% committment to football.

TNRazorbacker

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: At least Bama has a real football coach, unlike us.
     Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback: